I thought I shook this problem but it's back with a vengece... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I thought I shook this problem but it's back with a vengece...

COLOSHOOTR
08-20-2011, 04:13
Well since things have been rough with the brass lately so we've all been laying low for awhile. During this time I've managed to stay out of trouble and not have that magnetic effect where $--- just seems to find me.... Fast forward to this week and my problem of being a magnet has come back with a vengence.....

Wednesday, I get in a vehicle pursuit... Pursuits here are heavily restricted to vehicles wanted in violent felonies with weapons. Come to find out the decrip matched the car wanted in the felony but he was just running cause he was a habituial traffic offender with no license.

Recently had another pretty good weapon case with a previous offender in a stolen car.

Today, have multiple shoplifters loading up a cart with just about everything they can fit in it. Foot pursuit and use of force at the end. All parties in custody and nice pile of paperwork along with OT.

Now everyones giving me a hard time this week since saying that all I have not done this week is shoot someone yet.... Hopefully tomorrow it does not go there especially since it's Friday for me!

So, moral of the story.... Once a S*** magnet, always a S*** magnet. It never goes away!

4949shooter
08-20-2011, 04:29
So, moral of the story.... Once a S*** magnet, always a S*** magnet. It never goes away!

Yep...

msu_grad_121
08-20-2011, 04:47
I used to argue with my old Lt. about the fact that I was always in the middle of the **** storms. He hated it, but my defense was, "Well, that's where a good cop is supposed to be." It really used to burn him because he could never write me up and always had to admit I was the best he had during my reviews. :supergrin:

There's nothing wrong with being a **** magnet, just make sure to move out from behind the fan when you see it comin!

redbrd
08-20-2011, 05:10
Your a Cop its not that you are a $*** magnet your just surrounded by $***... your a Cop. Sounds like you are doing your job, a shame that your agency can't appreciate that.

COLOSHOOTR
08-20-2011, 05:16
Your a Cop its not that you are a $*** magnet your just surrounded by $***... your a Cop. Sounds like you are doing your job, a shame that your agency can't appreciate that.

LOL you have no idea how bad it really is in my agency.... A guy from another District was out on plain clothes surviellence with his street crime team. He catches a 5 time bank robber red handed with the money bag from the robbery he just commited in his hand. Now he's getting filed on and must attend remedial training because he didn't have an ops plan filed for the UC work. Talk about rewarding good police work!

The brass is too dumb to realize it and they don't really care since they will all be gone soon but I'd say 80% of our patrol division would leave if they had somewhere good to go. A lot of guys have already put in with other agencies and a bunch are looking to make the jump to Federal.

txleapd
08-20-2011, 09:49
Thank God... When I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be about herpes. :whistling:

msu_grad_121
08-20-2011, 10:23
Thank God... When I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be about herpes. :whistling:

Bahahaha! FTW! :rofl:

Vigilant
08-20-2011, 10:33
Trust me, folks. It ain't just on the street. Inside the fence, it's becoming downright silly.

DaBigBR
08-20-2011, 11:47

That's the gift that keeps on giving.

dano1427
08-20-2011, 16:39
Trust me, folks. It ain't just on the street. Inside the fence, it's becoming downright silly.

And it's a rampant mindset in most departments. Where I work, you can arrest a murderer without a simple compliment, but get lectured for not writing a traffic ticket. Or handle 30 calls in 10 hours, but get lectured for not completing the latest "Community project."

CAcop
08-20-2011, 18:08
And it's a rampant mindset in most departments. Where I work, you can arrest a murderer without a simple compliment, but get lectured for not writing a traffic ticket. Or handle 30 calls in 10 hours, but get lectured for not completing the latest "Community project."

You could work for the NYPD. Remember the ticket fixing scandal? In an effort to stop it any officer who loses a ticket will get three vaca days away from you. Check out Thee Rant for the misery.

Hack
08-20-2011, 19:25

It is true of many agencies, mine included. It doesn't pay to be physically enforce the rules, or to accidentally hurt feelings of the, "poor wittle misunderstood soul".

old_pigpen
08-21-2011, 06:48
Remember, if you aren't in the middle of the s***, you aren't doing your job!

RyanNREMTP
08-21-2011, 07:55
Just remember it could always be worse.

Pepper45
08-21-2011, 14:57
You could work for the NYPD. Remember the ticket fixing scandal? In an effort to stop it any officer who loses a ticket will get three vaca days away from you. Check out Thee Rant for the misery.
WTF? Have tickets skidded to a complete halt in NYC? I know I sure as hell wouldn't write another if I could lose vacation days.

ropin4gold
08-21-2011, 21:16
No good deed goes unpunished.........