Any problems reloading for Glock 22 .40S&W? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any problems reloading for Glock 22 .40S&W?

rustypigeon
08-21-2011, 19:36
I have an opportunity to buy a Gen 3 Glock 22 for a good price. I have never owned a 40 cal, but I have heard of many internet rumors of "case bulging" and other problems when reloading for the 40 in a Glock. There is talk of the "unsupported chamber". I also hear that later model Glocks have more support in the chamber area. Would a Gen 3 Glock have any issues?

If I do end up buying it, I would only shoot jacketed bullets through it just like I do my G19.

Anyone here have any issues relaoding for 40 caliber Glocks? Any truth to these internet ramblings?

emorris
08-21-2011, 20:11
I reload for both my gen3 22 and 27 as well as my new gen4 23. The 40s&w can safely be reloaded if the person reloading is safe. As far as the buldge it my cause a feeding problem if you are using brass fired in a loose chamber. Normally the resizing die will take care of it but if not lee and rcbs mave a die to take care of it. Just remember the 40s&w is more like a 9mm on steroids than an anemic 45acp. Stick with the slower powders such as unique, hp38, or accurate #5 at first. My reloads are light loads and the buldge does not reoccur after firing. If you want more detail look me up a www.thehighroad.org (http://www.thehighroad.org) My user name is eam3clm@att,net and I have gone in detail in a few posts about reloading 40s&w.

albyihat
08-21-2011, 21:01
No problems. Use safe reloading practices and you will be fine. Don't stress about the bulge resize correctly and use your barrel as a case gauge.

ave8er
08-21-2011, 21:04
I have loaded several thousand ok closer to 10 thousand rounds of .40 in the last year. The "bulge" is not an issue unless you are loading for a tighter chamber. I have a KKM barrel (the chamber is tighter than a stock Glock chamber by .006) in my G-35 and use a standard lee carbide sizing die and a redding taper crimp die. I have had this gun about 4 months and I have not had a single failure to feed in over 6000 rounds.

freakshow10mm
08-21-2011, 21:13
Properly resize your brass to bring the case back to SAAMI specs.

Don't load stupid.

Wear your eye and ear protection as normal.

Go on with life.