What happens to the Bug? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the Bug?

HotRoderX
08-21-2011, 20:08
So if you needed to use your pistol for SD and are carrying a BUG what happens to it? Assuming you don't use it would you be aloud to keep it?

Same what happens if you have to use SD while in a Vehicle where you have another gun stored our at home? I would assume the only fire arm that would be taken would be the one used for SD.

UtahIrishman
08-21-2011, 20:23
I'm going to say it depends on where you are at and what has happened. Vague I know. I'm curious as well.

Tagged for interest

Landric
08-22-2011, 10:24
It depends is likely the best answer. Chances are it will be taken as evidence. Its easy to say it wasn't used, but the investigators are going to want to prove it wasn't used. However, depending on the jurisdiction and the circumstances, the answer might be different.

Adjuster
08-22-2011, 10:27
I believe at least temporarily you are going to be giving up every firearm you own.

NC Bullseye
08-22-2011, 10:51
Most likely, any gun you have in your immediate care, custody and control will be taken if you are involved in a self defense shooting since they may need to prove which gun was used if you have more than one on you.

As to the ones at home, most likely nothing unless you are arrested on a serious charge. Just for defending yourself away from home you should have no worry about guns at home being taken.

Donn57
08-22-2011, 11:53
If you want to be absolutely sure you don't end up completely disarmed, you'll need to have a gun stored somewhere other than on your person, in your car, or at your residence.

In most cases you'll only have the guns that are on your person confiscated, but if you are suspected of a bad shoot, a search warrant for you home and car may be issued and all firearms confiscated.