Outlook 2010 = NO email problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2010 = NO email problem

Generalcarry
08-22-2011, 09:37
I can't send or receive any email because I cannot turn off the "Work Offline" tab. I've been googling for a couple days and I can't find how to change this stupid tab. I'm sure there's someone here smarter than Microsoft.
Thanks

Toyman
08-22-2011, 12:59
Maybe File menu, uncheck Work Offline?

or

On the ribbon, go to the Send/Receive tab - the Work Offline button will show as activated. Click the Work Offline button to de-activate it.

Generalcarry
08-22-2011, 14:42
Nothing....when I go to file and click on Send and Receive, under "View" the letters icon has a red x and in Prefences the icon of the globe has a red x and says Work off line.
Left clicking on the "Work Offline" tab does nothing but blink, and right clicking gives 5 options. Three choices for the quick access bar and 2 for customizing and minimizing ribbon.

gTWO
08-22-2011, 17:25
Make sure you still have an email account set up in Outlook. From that dialog, do a test send/recieve.

Sgt. Schultz
08-22-2011, 17:26
I'd try creating a new outlook profile, it sounds like there is a problem it.

Generalcarry
08-22-2011, 19:31
I deleted my account and restarted the computer. Next I added myself, filled out the info and when I got to Test Account it said the settings were OK. Sent the test email and: Log onto... complete, Sent test message...complete.
When I went to send and receive the "Work Offline" tab is still on and I still can't turn it off.
When I checked my email on another computer, my messages from Microsoft Outlook "testing the settings..." are there.
What the hell's so hard about working Online????

Sgt. Schultz
08-22-2011, 20:30
When you look at the Send & Receive tab the Work Offline button is always there with the red X and it doesn't change appearance when you click it off or on ... when you click it outlook will display "Working offline" on the status bar at the bottom right hand corner of Outlook and nothing when you are working online.

Generalcarry
08-23-2011, 12:29
I deleted myself from Outlook once again and re-installed. Everything worked out fine, all my contacts and test mail notices all appeared on Outlook. I opened an email and read it then clicked "Send and Receive" and everything went back to "Working Offline" and once again I can't get online.

Generalcarry
08-23-2011, 13:39
Huh, I just discovered if I hit "Send and Receive" and the "Work Offline" comes on and red x's everything, if I get out of Outlook then open it again everything works.

:dunno::dunno::dunno: