Vegas Gun shop Raid including USAF personnel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Gun shop Raid including USAF personnel

SJ 40
08-22-2011, 13:32
Police,FBI,ATF and USAF personnel raid Vegas gun shop.http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15300139/police-raid-gun-and-safe-store Anyone else see a problem with the use of USAF being involved,What Constitution! SJ 40

squiddie545
08-22-2011, 18:01
at first glance, I had a similar reaction. although it appears to be an alphabet soup of federal agencies - the AF component most likely came from AF OSI - I believe they have investigative/arrest powers that affect the Air force. if you have active duty AF airmen at the raid - hmmm - that would make for an interesting development.

barnettbill
08-22-2011, 18:27
The AF agency was the OSI and yes they are able to make arests and such off base if USAF property or personel are involved. They are considered federal agents in such a case.

LoadToadBoss
08-23-2011, 06:20
The AF agency was the OSI and yes they are able to make arrests and such off base if USAF property or personnel are involved. They are considered federal agents in such a case.
AFOSI = NCIS; both are investigatory agencies.

AFOSI have both civilian and active duty members. The active duty folks usually don't wear uniforms. I had a bomb loader who worked for me retrain into AFOSI. He was a Staff Sergeant at the time. I used to work closely with AFOSI when I was a First Sergeant and when I was in Kuwait.

I surmise from the article that some Airman from Nellis may have stole USAF property for sale out of the gun shop.

OldCurlyWolf
08-23-2011, 12:45

AFOSI have both civilian and active duty members. The active duty folks usually don't wear uniforms. I had a bomb loader who worked for me retrain into AFOSI. He was a Staff Sergeant at the time. I used to work closely with AFOSI when I was a First Sergeant and when I was in Kuwait.

I surmise from the article that some Airman from Nellis may have stole USAF property for sale out of the gun shop.

It could have more easily been a Warrant or an Officer. Better access and less questions asked.

barnettbill
08-23-2011, 20:50

I did too when I was sitting in the shirt's chair. Part of the fun of it though :brickwall:

As soon as I read it I figured that some dirt bag airman was pilfering AF Property.

LoadToadBoss
08-24-2011, 21:01
It could have more easily been a Warrant or an Officer. Better access and less questions asked.

The term Airman is a generic term for any Air Force member regardless of rank, just like sailor or soldier are generic terms for their respective services.