Marking Duty Gear and other gear [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Marking Duty Gear and other gear

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO
08-22-2011, 13:54
We have a few new Officers at our department...they where asking ways to mark Gear with thier name? I told them how some of mine is marked but thought I'd ask here and see what you have done and pass of the info!

I had a Stencil left from Marine Boot camp that I used with spray paint

Any suggestions? for leather? For metal? other?

LilCop2002
08-22-2011, 14:48
Keep it simple for the Boots. I would just use a simple laundry mark which is their last name first initial with last four of SSN. (K1234)

In order to mark it, I have used regular Sharpie permanent markers (fine and thick tip), oil based paint pens, and engraving machine.

USMCSGT ARMYMP OHLEO
08-22-2011, 15:33
Yeah I forgot I used a old engraving machine on my cuffs and clipboards and such

RetailNinja
08-22-2011, 18:20
I bought yellow ASP cuffs. Everyone makes fun of them, so I know no one is going to lift them.

pal2511
08-22-2011, 18:25
Thats why I bought my blue hiatt cuffs and yellow hiatt cuffs. Everyone talks trash on them but guess who isnt walking around after a search warrant and saying "you got my cuffs?"

collim1
08-22-2011, 18:39
I bought yellow ASP cuffs. Everyone makes fun of them, so I know no one is going to lift them.

I pulled a green zip tie down tight on one the links in all my cuffs and trimmed the tag end.

No one else I know does this, so I always know which cuffs are mine.

DaBigBR
08-22-2011, 22:26
The cuffs I carry were laser engraved by the dealer. All of my other pairs were engraved mechanically by a store at the mall that sells trinkety junk. Nothing else is marked.

pal2511
08-23-2011, 03:10
I don't mark my flashlights. It's easy to tell if its my flashlight or not. If its a piece of #%# then it belongs to another officer (issued by department). Myself along with another officer are the ONLY full timers that have bought their own flashlights. Everyone else is using old strion flashlights.

lsmountainman
08-23-2011, 08:05
I label everything with a label maker...that way it doesn't walk away. The only thing I have not labeled is a pair of search gloves and they are gone...I had a label on my posse box and it came back. I get teased but I am not going to lose stuff because my name wasn't on it.

tusk212
08-23-2011, 10:27
The cuffs I carry were laser engraved by the dealer. All of my other pairs were engraved mechanically by a store at the mall that sells trinkety junk. Nothing else is marked.

What do you get them engraved with(what do they say)?

DaBigBR
08-23-2011, 10:37
What do you get them engraved with(what do they say)?

Mine just have my first initial and last name. I don't intend on spending forever at my current department, so I opted to not got go with a badge number.

tusk212
08-23-2011, 10:58
Mine just have my first initial and last name. I don't intend on spending forever at my current department, so I opted to not got go with a badge number.

I've been thinking about going with my certification number. In PA, that stays with you for your career.