Another non-incident LEO encounter.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another non-incident LEO encounter....

Detectorist
08-22-2011, 16:29
Was doing my daily 5.5 mile walk today, and on the way back was chased by what previously looked to be a mean and dangerous dog. His ears were bent back, his tail was between his legs and the fur on his neck was standing straight up.

The last time this dog approached me, I grabbed a thick tree branch and that made him keep his distance.

Today he was barking and growling while his owner stood in his yard trying to call the dog off. Well, if he didn't listen to his master he wasn't going to listen to me. so, when the dog got about 5' away I sprayed a nice cloud of Sabre OC in his direction. All of a sudden the dog found other priorities. For some reason the owner said 'thanks you'. I didn't really understand that..

So, I got home and told the maintenance guy about it and he described the dog and the house to a 'T'. It turns out the owner is a Deputy. He did look like one, too.

No guns were taken, no one was beaten up, no one was rude to me, no one asked for my ID, he didn't follow me to see if I had a hawt GF. Etc.

And last, but not least: OC prevented this!!! lol

A6Gator
08-22-2011, 18:10
For some reason the owner said 'thanks you'. I didn't really understand that..

He probably thought saved him from a lawsuit or dance w/other county folks...

VA27
08-22-2011, 18:53
If you sprayed my dog (instead of shooting him) I'd have said 'thank you', too. Pepper spray washes off, bullet holes not so much.

Vigilant
08-22-2011, 19:21
Fox 5.3 iz da schnizzle. I've had Sabre Red fail to deploy.

Detectorist
08-22-2011, 21:35

I carry the key chain model for dogs, mostly.

Just found out that the manufacturer of Sabre is a few miles up the road from me...

DaBigBR
08-22-2011, 22:38
Ahh, Sabre. Does it still smell like apples?

Kaybe
08-22-2011, 22:42
Fox 5.3 is the best stuff out there. HOT HOT HOT.

GPalmer
08-22-2011, 23:58
I'd thank you too for managing a dog I was unable to so that no one was hurt and he's less likely to attack someone in the future, all without any lasting damage. That's good work.

A6Gator
08-23-2011, 08:53

For cert, it felt like my eyeballs were dropped in a deep fryer with gallons of snot out my nose... I can see why when Muffy or Sparky or whatever the dog's name was, with a dog's nose being like 200X more sensitive than a human's, that it'd dampen his enthusiasm a bit...

Hack
08-23-2011, 09:04
For cert, it felt like my eyeballs were dropped in a deep fryer with gallons of snot out my nose... I can see why when Muffy or Sparky or whatever the dog's name was, with a dog's nose being like 200X more sensitive than a human's, that it'd dampen his enthusiasm a bit...

Dogs don't like the stuff, and it helps keep things from escalating. Me, I cough and sputter a little and keep on eating.:rofl:

bruzer
08-23-2011, 09:12
Glad you are OK. I'm looking into something because of that same reason.
Mike

smokeross
08-23-2011, 10:43
It is probably his wife's/gf's dog, and he hates it. LOL