Insurance for new iPhone 4 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for new iPhone 4

Jim1970
08-22-2011, 20:44
Hello,

Besides Verizon's insurance, where can I find insurance to cover my daughters new iPhone? I've googled and found square trade and two others, but I'm hoping there are other options.

Thank you,
Jim

Javelin
08-22-2011, 20:48
There isn't any.

Your best insurance is a good case. Magpul even makes one.

itstime
08-22-2011, 21:00
I've carried mine for almost two years and still going strong. This reply is from it.

My cc company just sent me something in the mail stating if I autopsy my cell bill insurance is automatic on the phones. I have to look into that. May want to check your cc company.

sappy13
08-28-2011, 21:47
Buy from Bestbuy if you haven't already bought it. You can have accident prevention and water damage coverage on it through bestbuy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Chevytuff19
09-13-2011, 20:57
GoTronics offers iPhone insurance for pretty cheap. I have it, but haven't had to make a claim, yet.

boomhower
09-25-2011, 03:44
Buy from Bestbuy if you haven't already bought it. You can have accident prevention and water damage coverage on it through bestbuy.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

This is what I did for my wifes iPhone and will be doing the same for mine whenever the new one comes out. The way the guy explained it to me was as long as you bring it in they will fix it, with no deductable. It really doesn't matter what you do to it they will fix it. A lot of coverages out there don't include water submersion. Plus many have high deductables. The only thing it doesn't cover is lossing it or theft. Chances are if it's stolen it's going to be out of your car and your car insurance will take care of that. It isn't cheap at $15 a month but for no deductable it's worth it to me.

BigLaw
09-25-2011, 06:52
I've got square trade insurance on my iphone 4 as well as my brothers. I've never had to use it so I can't really comment on their service.

muscles
09-25-2011, 07:23
sdfdas

TreyG-20
09-25-2011, 08:27
An Otterbox is your best friend if you have an iphone

boomhower
09-26-2011, 00:41
for whatever its worth, i smashed my iphone 4 last week...front and back shattered. i took it into the apple store and they replaced it for free. i told them it was my fault. they said they typically charge $199.00 for a new front screen and back replacement. not sure why they didn't charge me. i couldn't be happier with their customer service.

also, consider this...insurance can run roughly $10 per mo. over the 2 year life of the phone, thats $240.00 in premiums. often times, they will also charge you a deductible in order to file a claim. maybe there are better deals out there but thats what verizon quoted me for their insurance through a 3rd party (asurion?).

Apple does that quite regularly but it's also quite random. They count on posts like your for word of mouth goodwill, and it works. That said, I wouldn't count on it. $199 for that service is a very fair price though.

Avoid assurion like the plague. Besides the fact that it's expensive with a $199 deductible is crazy their replacement phones are junk. I haven't dealt with them on an iPhone but have in the past with others and it isn't something I would be happy with after forking out $200. Most of mine have been OK but the sample size there is very small. Take a look on the internet for some examples of what they send people, it's a shame they send out utter crap.

Drjones
09-26-2011, 20:23
for whatever its worth, i smashed my iphone 4 last week...front and back shattered. i took it into the apple store and they replaced it for free. i told them it was my fault. they said they typically charge $199.00 for a new front screen and back replacement. not sure why they didn't charge me. i couldn't be happier with their customer service.

also, consider this...insurance can run roughly $10 per mo. over the 2 year life of the phone, thats $240.00 in premiums. often times, they will also charge you a deductible in order to file a claim. maybe there are better deals out there but thats what verizon quoted me for their insurance through a 3rd party (asurion?).

I've heard random stories like this too, but if you're really concerned about it, I think you can buy an AppleCare warranty from, well, Apple. ;)

BTW, sorry to rub it in, but why'd you buy her the iPhone 4 NOW? The iPhone 5 is just weeks away!! It's only a matter of time before she's harassing you to get her to buy her that one!!!!! :supergrin: