Remington parts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remington parts

aippi
08-22-2011, 21:03
On multiple occassions guys have contacted me stating they could not find parts listed on the Remington web site and want me to get them a part. And on every occassion it was because they were looking at the limited parts on the "Remington Country Store" page. A lot of guys simply don't know that there is a retail parts list.

The country store is not the parts list but is a limited list of common parts and close out parts. To get to the parts list you look on the home page www.remington.com (http://www.remington.com) and click on "support" then from the drop down box click on parts. When that page comes up you can down load the parts list in PDF and save it. If you then want a part for a Remington you call 1-800-243-9700 and follow the prompts to parts and order what you want.

ALLWAYS CHECK THE REMINGTON PARTS LIST BEFORE YOU BUY A REMINGTON PART FROM SOME PLACE ELSE. For example, and not picking on Midway USA but they sell the 20" blued I/C bead sight police barrel for $129.95but that same barrel is only $117 on the Remington parts list. I have dozens of examples of this from many of the internet sites that sell Remington Parts. Did I mention always check the Remington parts list before you buy a Remington part? Not saying the Remington parts list will always be cheaper, but with money tight, I say be smart and shop.

I am sure most of you know the above information but I am posting it for the guys that don't know and there are a bunch of them out there. I am a Remington Parts dealer but I do not sell small parts and it is easier for a guy to call Remington and get them, but so many don't know they can or how to do this. So there it is.

280Z
08-22-2011, 21:15
That is very interesting information. I may be picking up a short barrel for my 870 Super Mag to change its purpose from "universal" to "defense"

Thanks!

Buffering
08-22-2011, 21:19
I ordered some small 870 parts from the Rem Store on the same day I ordered other 870P small parts from Brownells (one place had some parts and the other had what the other was out of stock on) but needless to say, I'm still waiting on Rem.

The Brownells parts were here in 3 days via USPS and the Rem Store parts didn't ship until more than a week after the Brownells parts arrived. Rem is not as good as Brownells on prompt shipping.

I still think that you, aippi, could make a small fortune by using either CC or Paypal (asbestos underwear is in place) and prebundling the 870P upgrades into a tiny little plastic bag and pushing them for sale.

I agree that saving their parts list as a pdf on your desktop is an invaluable reference tool.

aippi
08-22-2011, 22:35
I could but I am not revenue driven. I am in this because it is my passion. Talking to a cleint and putting a solid fighting shotgun in his hands is the motivation. I know that without me some of these guys would have ended up with some "tacti-fool" mess that could get them hurt is they every tried to deploy it in a defense situation. So I take my custom builds serious and love doing this. I have some small stuff on GB but these are parts that are factory new that I remove from the weapons when I up grade them. I sell them only because when you have a bin with 200 MIM extractors in it and they retail for $7.50 each you can't throw them away. To sell a guy a $3.20 spring is as time consuming as selling him a $90 stock set and my time is becomming more an issue these days. As for CC's.... I will not contribute to the maddness this country has slipped into of buying things they can't afford. And yes I know it would be more convienent for the clients who like me pay off a card in full at the end of every month but way to many guys would be calling me and buying high end guns and paying on them for a couple years. Let's just say it is a Dave Ramsey thing.

Buffering
08-23-2011, 11:31
While I applaud your standing, I also believe that people can be responsible with credit cards and pay them off at the end of the month. Additionally, lots of folks you combo debit/credit cards which would address some of your concerns.

I will defer to your business practices however I tend to think that people will buy a bundled set of 870P parts for $35 inclusive of USPS pricing for that quick tune-up. While the time might be the same for each sale, I'd venture to say that people may be more interested in a spring and extractor upgrade than buying a stock if the stock fits or their budget doesn't allow that expensive of a purchase. With a small card in the parts package referring to your vids for installation instructions, you might have a goldmine on your hands.

B Coyote
08-23-2011, 12:13
I'm with Buffering. A bundle pack of spring upgrades is a good idea. Same thing with spare mag springs. "Here's a five pack for $XY. Change them once per year."

bc

El_Ron1
08-23-2011, 14:18
While I applaud your standing, I also believe that people can be responsible with credit cards and pay them off at the end of the month. Additionally, lots of folks you combo debit/credit cards which would address some of your concerns.

Credit and debit card fees can kill business profit, especially on small purchases.

Buffering
08-23-2011, 14:51
Credit and debit card fees can kill business profit, especially on small purchases.

True however I didn't read that as being one of aippi's concerns in his remark however, even if a merchant were to charge 1-2%, on a $30 sale that's only 3-6 cents. Most places have a $10 minimum charge so it would seem to covered in a $30 purchase.

aippi
08-23-2011, 16:30
Only card swipe rates are that low since the person is in front of you and you can ask for ID, which you are susposed to do. Phone or internet rates are from 2.5% to 3.2% plus as much as $.95 per transaction. Also you can not advestize that you charge the buyer the fee. So, you state all prices are "Cash Discount" prices and then charge the 3% on CC purchases. How bogus is that mess? I hate deception and Spin and don't have any in my business practices.

Anyway we are way of topic so I will leave it alone and let the post stand so that guys know they may save money by going to the Remington parts list. And of course let other know the "Country Store" is not the Remington parts list. Infact, the country store is run by a vendor under a license from Remington and not even run by Remington. It is linked to their web site as part of the agreement.

Buffering
08-23-2011, 17:41
... the country store is run by a vendor under a license from Remington and not even run by Remington. It is linked to their web site as part of the agreement.

So Frederic Remington of the art fame isn't the guy running the Country Store? That just blows my mind.

22highcaps
08-23-2011, 18:36
I generally order directly from Remington via the parts list that JD mentioned. While they are not as fast as Brownells or Midway when those two have something in stock, they are not slow either.

Besides, they tend to have in stock the things that Midway lists a three month wait on.

byf43
08-28-2011, 06:58
The ONLY issue that I've ever had with buying from Remington is their policy (I think it's still in effect) of not selling the Remington 870 BLUED +2 magazine extension to civilians. (The last I checked, this part was available to LE only, when requested on a department letterhead.)

Granted, there are other vendors that carry this part, but, I'm NOT paying $75+ for a part that I should be able to get for less than $40.00.

So, for now, I'll use my Wilson's +2 that doesn't exactly match my Blued 1980 model Wingmaster 'Police'.

I recently bought a Remington "Blued" +2 magazine extension 'kit' from another vendor (for $28.00!), and it was the 'Black finish that is on the "870 Express".

757CC
09-08-2011, 13:45
Remington's shipping time is just too painfully slow! In the future I will check other vendors and buy through them if they have the parts available. Today marks day 14 for 2 parts i order and they have yet to arrive (there are in stock)....in my mind there is no reason for shipping to take that long!

aippi
09-08-2011, 21:16
The LE restriction was lifted last year on the Remington LE Tube Extension kits.