AR custom build [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AR custom build

t9alejandro
08-24-2011, 01:45
So i know that alot of people ask what is the best AR-15 and the question is really subjective. I am just getting into AR's and was now gonna purchase myblack rifle. i want to build it from scratch thou so here is my question.
What are some of the best upper and lowers i can slap together. All i want for now really is a upper, lower and fold up front and rear sight.
We're talking Wilson Combat and Larue Tac quality.
Please help me since i want to purchase soon. All advice is very much appreciated

boomhower
08-24-2011, 02:35
Best and expensive are not the same. Larue is a good option, Wilson not so much. Larue, BCM, Daniel Denfense, Noveske and Colt all top my list. What kind of barrel, what length, and what price range are you looking at?

Lowers are lowers for the most part. The upper is where the difference is made. For the money the Larue Predatar is my pick of the litter right now.

t9alejandro
08-24-2011, 03:46
16'' and the rest not too sure. What would you put together if you had around 1500 to spare?

MStarmer
08-26-2011, 14:17
BCM or Spike's etc.. Most make pretty good guns, I looked at a Noveske the other day that rattled so bad (lower / upper fit) I would have been embarrassed to have it on the wall. Looked at a Spike's where the fit and finish was exceptional. Have two BCM complete uppers that are exceptional on any lower I have tried them on. If I was building my first I would stick with a upper put together by BCM and you can't go wrong.

G23Adam
08-26-2011, 14:26
Daniel Defense makes the best rifle for the money. BCM is a tight/same second, but they take forever to get.

JTLIII
08-26-2011, 14:31
I'd go with a Colt LE6920 and a daniel Defense rail of some sort.