Education [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Education

wvboy
08-24-2011, 15:20
Mr. Ayoob, first I enjoy hearing your down to earth way of explaining things and your no bs knowledge. I'm learning about firearms and their implimentation. I'm currently unable to afford much ammo even as a reloader. How can I practice, get better and more able with self defense firearms. Also, can you suggest any good literature. Thanks

Mas Ayoob
08-25-2011, 07:33
wvboy, you imply that cost is an issue. Dry fire is cheap. Some of the gun magazines are online, for instance, American Handgunner at www.americanhandgunner.com, and Guns at www.gunsmagazine.com. Both also have archives going back for decades, a rich store of wisdom from many very serious and very accomplished shooters.

The Gun Digest series is availabe at Barnes & Noble, and at least the annual Gun Digest itself is widely purchased at most public libraries. Also, any public library will usually accept a cardholder's request to order a book (including gun books) from their regional inter-loan programs. This will even include some out of print gun and shooting books.

I think posting this in, say, General Glocking will get you a lot more good advice!

best,
Mas