Hurricane [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

BULLRUNN
08-25-2011, 18:29
Well I will be in the middle of this thing i will not be around for a few days.. those of you are going to be in this with me good luck.. and hang on...

DaBigBR
08-25-2011, 19:18
Good luck and godspeed, brother. We'll be waiting for stories.

Vigilant
08-25-2011, 19:28
I'm on the North Carolina coast, and it is looking pretty serious. 6 to 12 inches of rain in a short period, plus the rest of the elements.
Haven't heard yet if I will be riding it out inside the fence. If that's the case, rest assured that I will bring my own food. I will have Internet access at work, so I will make updates if things get bad. The bright side is, if I spend the entire weekend there, I might be able to dig my way out and see the top of my desk.

Ajon412
08-25-2011, 20:34
It's forecast to start here (NJ) Saturday evening around 1800 and last through Monday, with the brunt of the storm arriving around 0200 on Sunday. As luck would have it, I'll be on the road ALL weekend (thank goodness we drive SUV's)....It's gonna get real interesting around here pretty fast....Good luck to everyone....

Officer X
08-25-2011, 21:04
I will be working Fri/Sat/Sun

Stay safe out there

SKSman57
08-25-2011, 21:18
God be with you amigo. I worked Isabel, and it wasn't fun. This has the potential to make Isabel look like a rainstorm. Stay safe.

50 Cent
08-25-2011, 21:35
After weathering several down here (including Ike that levelled Galveston and forced Houston to its knees for a few weeks) I'm hoping the NYC area is SORTA prepared, if Manhatten takes the direct hit forcast.

This thing is HUGE which even if it hits as a Cat 1 the storm surge could be 6-9 ft. No power, flooding , high winds and a population of 12 million that sees a hurricane every 30 years is a recipe for a pretty nasty weekend.

AngryBassets
08-26-2011, 00:53
It's forecast to start here (NJ) Saturday evening around 1800 and last through Monday, with the brunt of the storm arriving around 0200 on Sunday. As luck would have it, I'll be on the road ALL weekend (thank goodness we drive SUV's)....It's gonna get real interesting around here pretty fast....Good luck to everyone....

I will be working Fri/Sat/Sun

Stay safe out there

I'm heading in Saturday night, and, in theory, another Lt will relieve me in the morning.

I expect to finally make it home sometime Sunday night.

:drowning:

Denikes
08-26-2011, 09:59
This is my weekend "off" but I'm not holding my breath. Hang tight fellas.

Bruce M
08-26-2011, 10:11
Our policy here is that when winds reach 40 or so we stop responding. Find a safe place to ride out the storm. Remember the storm surge is often the deadliest part. If you find yourself out in the storm and have to exit the cruiser put the car into the wind, lest you find yourself finishing the tour with one less car door.

HeliGlock
08-26-2011, 10:22
Good Luck to everyone out there. We will be Praying for everyone to come out on top. God Speed.

volsbear
08-26-2011, 10:29
Stay safe, fellas. And bring some good pictures back with ya.

4949shooter
08-27-2011, 04:40
This is my weekend "off" but I'm not holding my breath. Hang tight fellas.

Yes, we are subject to recall this weekend. The Giants/Jets game was moved to 2PM.

A6Gator
08-27-2011, 07:45
Bullrunn, lived between Little Creek and Dam Neck for years. If you get over that way, watch the surfers that always head out for hurricanes near Rudy Inlet...

Be careful out there.

BULLRUNN
08-28-2011, 04:11
LOTS OF RAIN... WOW...half the city without power... the other half is breaking into the places without power... we are taking burg reports like no tomorrow...

series1811
08-28-2011, 04:27
Good luck. After Katrina, I wouldn't wish a hurricane on my worst enemy.

Just be careful, especially around high standing water. Storm surge can undermine pavement, concrete, bridges, and a lot of things you think of as permanent, which to Mother Nature, are not.