holster snap problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : holster snap problem

Sonnytoo
08-26-2011, 10:34
Hi guys,
Have a beautiful handmade "GIFT" holster that won't stay snapped. It has heavy-duty snaps on the straps, but this IWB holster lets them come unsnapped from the bottom of the snap...where most of the pressure is.
I need security snaps on this holster, but the leather is glued and sewn and I hate to touch it.
Can I modify a heavy-duty snap (all round inside) to resemble a security snap (opens only from the top)?
Thanks for help. I can't be the first guy with this problem.
Sonnytoo

barstoolguru
08-26-2011, 10:45
:needspics:

sourdough44
08-27-2011, 14:03
I bought a 2nd hand holster the other month that wouldn't stay snapped. I took a pointed chisel & 'buggered up' the 'female' side of the snap mechanism. I did it just enough to provide more hold for the snap, go slowly. It only takes one or 2 detents, in my case. Now my snap holds until I unsnap it.

Not sure if this is your particular problem, but worked for me.

Shadyscott69
08-27-2011, 14:05
Hi guys,
Have a beautiful handmade "GIFT" holster that won't stay snapped. It has heavy-duty snaps on the straps, but this IWB holster lets them come unsnapped from the bottom of the snap...where most of the pressure is.
I need security snaps on this holster, but the leather is glued and sewn and I hate to touch it.
Can I modify a heavy-duty snap (all round inside) to resemble a security snap (opens only from the top)?
Thanks for help. I can't be the first guy with this problem.
Sonnytoo

Send me a pic. I might be able to help you out.

GlocksterPaulie
08-27-2011, 14:10
Are they pull the dot snaps? They snap on and off different then most snaps. Shadyscott can explain if this is what they are.

Paulie

Sonnytoo
09-02-2011, 08:43
Thanks for help, I have sent Seth's Gunleather pix of my snaps.
Sonnytoo