Third Gun ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Third Gun ?

fla2760
08-26-2011, 22:38
Hi Mas,
I know that you are no big fan of mouse guns for primary carry and for good reason. I sometimes carry a third gun, as a hideout (onion field) weapon when I am going into not so nice areas. My primary is a Glock 27 backed by a 642 and the hideout is a KT P32. I have a chance to buy a friends Taurus 941 Ultra-Lite .22 magnum for a good price. It holds 9 just like my P32 with the +1 mag extension but I am thinking the .22 Mag will be more effective if I have to use it. I never had a problem with the P32 to date, I have a Speer gold dot in the chamber and another as the first in the magazine with the rest of the magazine loaded with Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. What are your thoughts on the .22 magnum in the third gun role? Thanks.

Mas Ayoob
08-27-2011, 07:21
.22 Magnum shootings are rare and anecdotal in my own experience, and few come with details as to load, but the few I've run across have worked surprisingly well. Not enough data base for me to personally be very comfortable with it though.

Any gun is better than no gun. With the exception of the little mini-revolvers, which are very difficult to handle swiftly under pressure because of their micro size and single action operation, the platforms available as .22 Magnum revolvers are also available in .38 Special and even .357 Magnum, and I personally go in that direction. .22 Mag revolver certainly makes sense for the extremely recoil sensitive, though.

best,
Mas

fla2760
08-27-2011, 13:33
Thanks Mas