power's out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : power's out

trcubed
08-27-2011, 05:13
The power just went off here and now we have this storm damage to deal with. FEMA will stop in with a big check just any time now, I'm sure.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/trcubed/2011-08-27_07-00-02_109.jpg

tous
08-27-2011, 05:35
Best of luck, amigo. :hugs:

smith10
08-27-2011, 08:07
When I hear Irene, I think of Blackhawk down.

Dinky
08-27-2011, 08:16
Blowing about 20-30 mph here and all is good

kcb
08-27-2011, 08:36
My best to you! Is everyone okay? That's the most important part of the equation!

Oh....speaking from experience....don't hold your breath waiting for FEMA to stop by with that big check....or ANY check! Sorry!

God Bless you all!

kcb
08-27-2011, 08:37
Blowing about 20-30 mph here and all is good

:thumbsup:

trcubed
08-27-2011, 08:40
My best to you! Is everyone okay? That's the most important part of the equation!

Oh....speaking from experience....don't hold your breath waiting for FEMA to stop by with that big check....or ANY check! Sorry!

God Bless you all!

Sorry, kcb...I was being a bit facetious. (Didn't help that I didn't post the pic correctly from my phone.)

kcb
08-27-2011, 08:46
Sorry, kcb...I was being a bit facetious. (Didn't help that I didn't post the pic correctly from my phone.)

I know. So was I about FEMA!

We had a hard time getting our insurance to cover all of our damage from Charley, Jeanne and Frances (All happened within about a 9 to 10 week time frame!) In fact, the insurance did NOT cover all of our damage. It was awful!

I hope that your damage isn't too serious! (Just the photo?)

We were happy that we dodged this bullet....and I was happy that it remained a Category 1 all night last night!

North Carolina is where I want to live...or Tennessee, so I was sad that it went there instead!

They expected it to be worse, but I know it was bad enough!

trcubed
08-27-2011, 09:03
I know. So was I about FEMA!

We had a hard time getting our insurance to cover all of our damage from Charley, Jeanne and Frances (All happened within about a 9 to 10 week time frame!) In fact, the insurance did NOT cover all of our damage. It was awful!

I hope that your damage isn't too serious! (Just the photo?)

We were happy that we dodged this bullet....and I was happy that it remained a Category 1 all night last night!

North Carolina is where I want to live...or Tennessee, so I was sad that it went there instead!

They expected it to be worse, but I know it was bad enough!

I read somewhere else that 5-10' waves were washing over Highway 12 in the Outer Banks and that new inlets had been formed.

Pretty rough out there, I guess, but not so much around here. Kinda like a spring storm.

kcb
08-27-2011, 09:23
I read somewhere else that 5-10' waves were washing over Highway 12 in the Outer Banks and that new inlets had been formed.

Pretty rough out there, I guess, but not so much around here. Kinda like a spring storm.

That's good!

I just called my mom...near Asheville, in fact, she was in Asheville when I called. She said they had some rain yesterday, and looks like they'll get some today, but not much.

Believe it or not, in Central Florida Thursday through early yesterday morning, we had squall lines. We got some squall lines ...rain, light winds and beach erosion.

When I was driving home from work Thursday evening, there were some large
branches and palm frawns in yards and overturned garbage cans, in my neighborhood. (it was trash day). When I was driving to work yesterday morning, just around sunrise, I could CLEARLY see squall lines in the sky to the north of us. I asked a few of my friends at work if they saw them....and they did. (so it wasn't my imagination!) :supergrin:

Irene was a MASSIVE sized storm! Amazing!