Columbus Police is hopping.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Police is hopping..

FiremanMike
08-27-2011, 09:54
12 OIS this year, 6 in the last 26 days. Chief Distelzweig did a pretty good job of handling the standard "residents are asking why you have to shoot to kill" bull**** from the reporters, standing up for his officers and publicly declaring his concern for the well being of police officers today.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/08/27/columbus-three-police-involved-shootings.html

A6Gator
08-27-2011, 10:19
As the chief of police, I am worried about the officers," Columbus Police Chief Walter Distelzweig said.

Taking care of his people. Cornerstone of a good leader. Keep going, Chief!

ray9898
08-27-2011, 10:28
Man....6 in the last month.

Patchman
08-27-2011, 15:44
Obbie L. Shepard was riding a stolen bike...

Police tried to stop him. Shepard ignored commands to get off the bike.

They continued for about another block and had another confrontation with him in between some houses.

The armed suspect led two officers on a foot chase through the neighborhood and fired at them multiple times. The shots were fired around 5:00 p.m. Friday afternoon.

Police fired back.

Shepard died.

Maybe the reporters missed the sequence of events?

Stay safe, Columbus PD. Keep the support coming Chief Distelzweig.

janice6
08-27-2011, 15:52
I think shooting to kill requires exceptional skill, as would shooting to wound.

Shooting is a last resort and the results are not guaranteed to wound or kill. That part is good/bad luck. You can strive for a particular result, but most shooters have to accept what they get and hope it is sufficient.

Quantity of hits is increasing the probability of kill, but still does not guarantee it.

The Chief is right to protect his officers.

OLY-M4gery
08-28-2011, 03:06
When are the reporters going to tackle the "why are people shooting at police officers" story?

MeefZah
08-28-2011, 11:37
As it should be.

08-28-2011, 21:40
I am not CPD but am ther regularly working with other agencies on continuing course cases. That being said I work all the "hoods" and can say it is truly a S$%^hole. They need more officers and its become extremely violent! The Heroin trade is prevelant in Cbus and with it comes alot of crime.