Cheap as hell laser, that actually works. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cheap as hell laser, that actually works.

Hour13
08-28-2011, 22:33
Lot of lasers out there, especially for our glocks. Personally, I want the lasermax internal for my G22, but I'm waiting for them to bring out a green-dot version. :yawn:

In the meantime, wanted something I could play with, that wouldn't cost a bundle. So poking around on Ebay, I find this company called 'PSL Lasers'. Searched my gun type, and here's this cool looking little rail-mount... for $30! Now I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for, and I know what quality lasers go for. But for $30, if it's a piece of crap, who cares. So I ordered it.

Outta the box, it was pretty nice. Fit perfectly, and I gotta admit, looks cool as **** on my Glock. Different story at the range though. Sighted it in, fired one shot, and it was now 6' off the mark. Two more shots, and it wasn't even on the paper.

So after it spent the next week providing hours of fun for my cats, I had a thought. I took it to the shop. Pulled the Allen screws, and carefully pried it apart w/ a small flathead. I then filled the chamber that the actual laser sits in with Permetex Ultra-Gray($3 at any auto parts store). Put back together, cleaned off the excess, and sighted it back in. Don't worry, the gray stuff takes awhile to cure.

Waited a day, then back to the range. Happy to report, 400+ rounds down the pipe so far, and it's still dead on the mark. $33 and 10min of work? Not too shabby I'd say. :cool:

TangoFoxtrot
08-29-2011, 02:54
Awesome! A little enginuity and you made it work for yourself.

Jay54
08-29-2011, 05:28
I was thinking the same about waiting for the green and after reading up on it decided to get the Lasermax red....per my reading, the green have a much shorter battery life, more complex to to engineer, and be more visible at night or darkness to others. Bought a red one on ebay and will check out the green guild rod when it comes out....just info I read about. Good work on correcting the sighting problem!!

John43
08-29-2011, 06:04
I was curious if the ones that fit on the rail are any good?

texas 48
09-03-2011, 19:51
I was curious if the ones that fit on the rail are any good?

The Lasermax uni-max Es are great. Midway has them for 110.00. very low profile and has a rail underneath for a light. I think they have a green unimax for 250.00. I carry in a Remora or Smart Carry so holster us not an issue for me.

Shawn1
09-06-2011, 23:34
For a decent cheap laser, I tried out a BSA LS650 that a customer returned. Not bad but you do get what you pay for.

We have sold tons of the Viridian C5L which has a nice bright green laser but holster options are limited. Much more money though.