Hurricane sign in thread [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane sign in thread

m2hmghb
08-29-2011, 09:14
I'm back!!!!

We got power back at 03:30 hours last night, twas a fair bit o' a storm. Lost a few trees and saw some classic "hold my beer and watch this" moments. I'll tell you nothing brings out a town like criminal stupidity, 3 people got stuck trying to get through a flooded bridge near me. The town was completely shut down during the storm and after. Friday night a travel ban was put in place at 2200 hours for everyone except those going to a shelter and emergency vehicles, all roads into and out of town were blocked up.

Vigilant
08-30-2011, 10:41
Not nearly as bad as it could have been in Eastern NC. We have power and Internet at work, but no phones. No power or phones at the house, and it will probably be a few more days. Fortunately, I found a room in town with power, after two unpleasant nights at home with no power.

I lost a couple shingles on the eastern side of the roof at home, and had two trees blown down. Neither are in a place where they cause a problem, so they can wait until it cools off.

Having a big sale on chain saws this week.... retail price with no gouging. Get 'em while they're hot.

Denikes
08-30-2011, 11:01
Got power back yesterday. Minor roof damage, lost food. The usual. Word from the bean counters was the department ran 5,000 calls over the weekend. We did 1,200 yesterday so we're still hopping.

Officer X
08-30-2011, 11:45
I'm back!!!!

We got power back at 03:30 hours last night, twas a fair bit o' a storm. Lost a few trees and saw some classic "hold my beer and watch this" moments. I'll tell you nothing brings out a town like criminal stupidity, 3 people got stuck trying to get through a flooded bridge near me. The town was completely shut down during the storm and after. Friday night a travel ban was put in place at 2200 hours for everyone except those going to a shelter and emergency vehicles, all roads into and out of town were blocked up.

Look something like this?

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303544_1967000735839_1267538755_31794446_5379238_n.jpg

You'd think the second or at least the third guy would figure it out, but no....

m2hmghb
08-30-2011, 12:26
I see you found my pictures in the other thread. The Metedeconk had a 5-10 knot current on it, which is quite impressive for it.

Officer X
08-30-2011, 14:28
I see you found my pictures in the other thread. The Metedeconk had a 5-10 knot current on it, which is quite impressive for it.

Nope, I was there myself. Grabbed that one from another officer I know.

Still have a few bridges in town closed.

m2hmghb
08-30-2011, 16:20
I probably was bsin with him then. Small world after all, ain't it?