P/T work for current/former/retired LEO's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : P/T work for current/former/retired LEO's

Txnowtn
08-29-2011, 10:07
Hey guys.

I work for a claims company that specializes in trucking accident & theft claims. We need a network of investigators around the USA to help us. It's great part time pay - average $34.00/hour.

Here is the info:

We are an independent insurance adjusting firm that specializes in commercial vehicle accident scene investigation and theft investigation. We are seeking individuals with law enforcement, theft investigation, and accident scene investigation experience to assist us in these investigations as needed.

You must have a digital camera, a cell phone, and the ability to submit your photos and receive email via Internet.

Duties may include: photographing and diagramming accident scenes; photographing and inspecting damaged vehicles or property; interviewing witnesses and involved parties; obtaining statements from involved parties and witnesses; transporting our clients’ drivers for drug testing when required by DOT regulations; obtaining police reports; delivering settlement checks in exchange for a signed liability release; documenting the transfer of damaged cargo from a damaged trailer to an undamaged trailer; assisting in locating local salvage vendors to dispose of salvage; obtaining surveillance footage from local businesses; acting as a local liaison with law enforcement in equipment and cargo theft investigations; etc.

Assignments are paid for based on time and expense, including mileage. Direct deposit is not required, but is strongly preferred and will greatly decrease the amount of time it takes for you to receive payment. No benefits are offered; however, working as a 1099 employee has many tax benefits.

Training will be provided as needed; though much of it will be “on the job training” via phone during an assignment.

Please send your resume and/or an email with your contact information, a summary of your qualifications, and your availability to work to newhire@claimsadjusters411.com. In the subject line of your email, please ensure that you put your city/state, and “TRUCKING” in the subject line.

Thanks! :wavey:

scottydl
08-30-2011, 15:56
I am immediately suspicious in that "too good to be true" kind of way. But perhaps I'm missing something... anyone followed up on this yet? Is it realistic to take on this kind of PT work while working as a full-time LEO?

Sharkey
08-30-2011, 16:26
Well not saying it is legit but he has a lot of posts on here?

Txnowtn
08-31-2011, 04:25
I am immediately suspicious in that "too good to be true" kind of way. But perhaps I'm missing something... anyone followed up on this yet? Is it realistic to take on this kind of PT work while working as a full-time LEO?

Most LEO's I know, including me when I was one, have PT jobs. It takes about 3 hours to work an accident scene for us.

Thanks to the guys who have responded to our email address!

scottydl
08-31-2011, 07:31
Of course part-time work is normal, I just mean a posting like this to a public internet forum seems a little strange. Not that it's a bad way to advertise, there's just a lot of weirdos out there who post all kinds of stuff. I'm sure you understand. ;)

nikerret
08-31-2011, 08:01
I'm guessing this is a call and hope the investigator is available, type thing?

Txnowtn
08-31-2011, 14:18
I'm guessing this is a call and hope the investigator is available, type thing?

Yes, since we use PT independent contractors. Not everyone is available at all times of the day or night.

When we need someone, we call the person who lives close to the incident. If they can't do it, we call the next closest....

Txnowtn
08-31-2011, 14:23
Of course part-time work is normal, I just mean a posting like this to a public internet forum seems a little strange. Not that it's a bad way to advertise, there's just a lot of weirdos out there who post all kinds of stuff. I'm sure you understand. ;)

Yeah. We advertise on some Police websites. I just thought of Glocktalk Cop Talk and decided to give it a try. I think it's a good opportunity to get some experience for a retirement/second career. People will continue to have wrecks as long as we have cars!

scottydl
08-31-2011, 15:30
People will continue to have wrecks as long as we have cars!

^^ Now that is certainly the truth!!