Lion Hunting like an African gunslinger. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lion Hunting like an African gunslinger.

DavidMc
08-29-2011, 14:44
Just wanted to share this clip, one of few cases where it REALLY matter if you miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEIGqD80N6U

Zombie Steve
08-29-2011, 16:02
Kinda rootin' for the lion.

CanyonMan
08-30-2011, 06:40
They must be Texas Aggies !

You know... How many aggies does it take to kill one lion ? :rofl:

Sheeeeeesh.

CM

Dennis in MA
08-30-2011, 09:31
That woman with them had bushier eyebrows than I do. LOL

"Receiving nothing more than a healthy dose of lion slobber on one knee." And a healthy dose of person-pewp in his drawers. WOW!

Zombie Steve
08-30-2011, 12:13
Not sure how people poop themselves in those situations. Seems in direct conflict with the pucker factor.

CanyonMan
08-30-2011, 20:01
Not sure how people poop themselves in those situations. Seems in direct conflict with the pucker factor.

LOL...... :rofl:

As a former guide (humbly speaking, I hate to keep saying that all the time :embarassed: ), I can telll you in this vid the guide was a complete NUT CASE! :faint: These dudes are NOT hunters but inexperienced novice morons with guns. :whistling:

It is VERY lucky for old 'billy bob', that he "only" got 'slobber' on him, and not a churshed body and mauled to death.... Shear "Luck" he made the shot he did.

Hunt wisely amigo's and use the common sense God gave ya ! ;)

My .2

CM

DavidMc
08-31-2011, 10:45
LOL...... :rofl:

As a former guide (humbly speaking, I hate to keep saying that all the time :embarassed: ), I can telll you in this vid the guide was a complete NUT CASE! :faint: These dudes are NOT hunters but inexperienced novice morons with guns. :whistling:

It is VERY lucky for old 'billy bob', that he "only" got 'slobber' on him, and not a churshed body and mauled to death.... Shear "Luck" he made the shot he did.

Hunt wisely amigo's and use the common sense God gave ya ! ;)

My .2

CM

I agree that guy is very lucky, I just wonder if they were inexperienced why they stood their ground? Best thing to do in that situation is exactly what they did. Anyway scary stuff...

Zombie Steve
08-31-2011, 12:29
If you guys ever want 72 minutes of entertainment, get a 6-pack of beer and watch "Project Grizzly". Crazy Canadian guy builds a suit of armor to live out his life long dream of fistfighting brown bears.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NAHZHQVYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CanyonMan
09-01-2011, 10:14
I agree that guy is very lucky, I just wonder if they were inexperienced why they stood their ground? Best thing to do in that situation is exactly what they did. Anyway scary stuff...

Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while !

Fear causes two major manifestations. Fight or flight. Running would have been very stupid, so, like 'Custer" they stood their ground and were "lucky."
(this time).

Just like days of old, you don't go into the brush or rocks after a wounded Apache. Well, walking into the bush with gun muzzles pointing every which way after a male lion is even worse. This was not a well planned or thought out hunt. It was haphazard at best. I've seen some folks to some really weird things while hunting about anything and everything .

The lucky part of this lion kill was the fact their fear did not paralyze them but they did react. But, it was the lucky hip shot that killed the lion, not a skillful well placed shot. Way to much adreniline and the smell of fear and the sense of being "cornerd " by the lion. So he did what he thought was best. Charge ! I could go on and get real nit picky, but just saying that was a haphazard at best lion hunt.

Stay safe !

CanyonMan

DavidMc
09-01-2011, 10:31
Ah! totally agree. Great book to read in this respect is "Death in the Long Grass" written by Peter Hathaway Capstick.

Respect.