There was a shooting at the school... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : There was a shooting at the school...

kcb
08-29-2011, 17:01
I worked at prior to where I work now this evening.

http://www.wftv.com/countybycounty/29018886/detail.html

Not many details are known yet, but it looks like it was a domestic situation involving a parent of a student that attends the school

Before I found that much out, my hubby said if it was the shooting of a teacher or staff member....today would have been my last day teaching.

:phew:

I'm anxiously looking for details. They SAY there were no children present.
But when I worked there, Extended Day students overlooked that parking lot.

It's entirely possible that their facilities have been moved.

Pray that it's true....the children didn't see or hear anything!

:angel: Quite a few of my dear friends still work at that school. I loved a working there!

HerrGlock
08-29-2011, 18:11
Yikes! Time to lobby for teacher carry.

kcb
08-29-2011, 18:22
Seriously!

:thumbsup:

kcb
08-29-2011, 18:33
The shooting DID occur in what was the faculty parking lot, according to this article. (What was the faculty parking lot when I worked there.)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-school-shooting-kissimmee-osceola-20110829,0,2540762.story

The children in Exteneded Day must still be in the cafeteria, which does overlook that parking lot.

The article says they moved to students to the front of the building...my guess would be they moved them to the Media Center to wait for their parents to pick them up from the office. Both are located in the front of the school.

Wow. Scary stuff! It can happen anywhere!

kcb
08-30-2011, 03:38
The link in my OP has been updated this morning.

About 20 children did witness the shooting, including their little girl according to the news this morning.

So sad!

whiskey rebel1
09-07-2011, 05:38
Seriously!

:thumbsup:

That's what Israel has done for many years, and the terrorism at schools stopped!