PDA

View Full Version : Biblical Glock

Kingarthurhk
08-29-2011, 18:09
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee434/epkingarthurhk/SAM_0615.jpg

My Glock 20 with a biblical flair.:supergrin:

6StringGeek
08-29-2011, 18:37
The barrel is almost long enough to be a sword...so I think that works. Nice.

Kingarthurhk
08-29-2011, 19:22

ImpeachObama
08-29-2011, 19:39
How does that thing work in a holster? Conceal carry?
Yo Texas. I would have used a different text, but I guess that will work.

Vic Hays
08-29-2011, 20:19
That looks much nicer than my Glock 20.

achysklic
08-29-2011, 20:34
I prefer my Xdm

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 04:12
How does that thing work in a holster? Conceal carry?
Yo Texas. I would have used a different text, but I guess that will work.

I am not sure, I haven't gotten a holster for it yet. I have the original barrel if I want to CCL with lighter rounds. I got this one for full chamber support to use swampfox ammo for a woods pistol. Once the heavier guiderod spring arrives then I will see about a holster. I suspect as long as the holster has an open bottom it would be all right. I have carried a concealed 6" before if I want to go that route (XD .45 tactical with an extended barrel). I chose the text, as it is my favorite biblical "pro-weapon" verse.

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 04:16
That looks much nicer than my Glock 20.

I got the 10mm bug and wanted to get it ready for the hottest ammo I could find. The only way to do that was to get a different barrel/guide rod spring. I can keep you up to date with the progress of the hot ammo experiment if you want (PM) if you wanted to go a similar route.

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 04:17
I prefer my Xdm

They don't make them in 10mm.

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 04:21
So, I suppose to segway into a more religious forum context. What do people feel about the concept of conciencious objection in combat, or the concept of complete non-violence? I suspect there may not be too many along those thought patterns in a forum dedicated to pistols. But, there might be a few. Also, I suspect the Amish don't get online much.:supergrin:

achysklic
08-30-2011, 05:52
They don't make them in 10mm.

It's a nicew gun I just have no use for a 10mm, it's pretty though.

Who polished and engraved your barrel? Cutomzcreations?

Vic Hays
08-30-2011, 09:49
I got the 10mm bug and wanted to get it ready for the hottest ammo I could find. The only way to do that was to get a different barrel/guide rod spring. I can keep you up to date with the progress of the hot ammo experiment if you want (PM) if you wanted to go a similar route.

I love my Glock, but when I really want results it is hard to beat my 12 guage.

TheRogue
08-30-2011, 11:10
Medal of Honor recipient and conscientious objector Desmond Doss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss) changed my opinion/perception on this subject.
His story is beyond amazing. The documentary on his life and wartime heroics, is a "must see."

Although my interpretation of "Thou shall not kill," is different than how Mr. Doss defined it, I can respect & appreciate his convictions.

Good looking Glock you got there, Kingarthurhk. :supergrin:

Vic Hays
08-30-2011, 13:25
So, I suppose to segway into a more religious forum context. What do people feel about the concept of conciencious objection in combat, or the concept of complete non-violence? I suspect there may not be too many along those thought patterns in a forum dedicated to pistols. But, there might be a few. Also, I suspect the Amish don't get online much.:supergrin:

I used to think that being a C/O meant not protecting home and family. Maybe I am wrong, but I believe people have a right to defend themselves. Maybe if they had faith that God would protect them, He would.

The problem with warfare is that we cannot tell if we are involved in a just war. Every side thinks that God is on their side. This world is so full of propaganda and misconceptions that we can easily be found fighting against God. If on the other hand someone breaks in to mess with the family I think that it is a safe conclusion that they are of the wrong spirit.

Vic Hays
08-30-2011, 13:29
Medal of Honor recipient and conscientious objector Desmond Doss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss) changed my opinion/perception on this subject.
His story is beyond amazing. The documentary on his life and wartime heroics, is a "must see."

Although my interpretation of "Thou shall not kill," is different than how Mr. Doss defined it, I can respect & appreciate his convictions.

God certainly honored Doss's faith in miraculous ways. It was amazing that his group suffered no losses when the other group was mowed down by enemy crossfire.
Doss's commanding officers respected his faith enough to wait for him to pray before commencing action.

ImpeachObama
08-30-2011, 16:55
I was just busting your chops in the above post King-:)

SCmasterblaster
08-30-2011, 17:42
A 21st-Century sword - a Glock pistol. BTW, the subject Biblical verse is "Thou shalt not murder" in my bible. It is possible to shoot someone to death and not be murder or even manslaughter.

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 17:43
I was just busting your chops in the above post King-:)

Not a problem, brother. I didn't even remotely take it personally.:supergrin: But, as they, everything is bigger in Texas.

Kingarthurhk
08-30-2011, 17:49

Pretty much everyone in my family has served in a military conflict in this country even before it became a country. I am the lone exception. Was it because I object to warfare? No. Actually, it had to do with the fact when the very first Gulf War broke out I was a senior in High School and was 17. Had the war been a bit earlier, I probably would have kept the track record. Then I went on to University, undergrad, then grad, got tired of the academic world; and went into law enforcement.

So, I say good on Mr. Doss for following his concious. Everyone should do that. Mine tells me that murder is wrong, but killing isn't. Otherwise, I wouldn't pack a pistol everyday or own firearms.