Atlanta Airport [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Airport

DaneA
08-29-2011, 19:51
I have to go to Atlanta Airport to pick up a dog that is being shipped cargo. Anyone know if I will have to pass security to get to the pickup area and if not is there any reason I can't carry there?

jbclark187
08-29-2011, 19:58
all the animal pickups I have seen occur outside of the secured area. You should be fine.

provided you can legally carry a handgun in the State of Georgia, you should be fine at the airport.

Warp
08-29-2011, 21:02
I would keep it well concealed though. A lot of law enforcement/people in charge at areas like the airport seem to feel they do not have to abide by the law.

norm357
08-29-2011, 21:04
What airline? At Delta, you pick up animals at Delta Cargo. (They suck and take forever)

At Continental Cargo, you will pick up at the North Cargo facility. Either way you will be fine as long as you carry concealed.

DaneA
08-29-2011, 21:43
Thanks guys. It is Delta and I always carry concealed (not worth the hassle not to).

hikerpaddler
08-30-2011, 15:00
What are you talking about? TSA or LE?I would keep it well concealed though. A lot of law enforcement/people in charge at areas like the airport seem to feel they do not have to abide by the law.

RussP
08-30-2011, 15:13
Hey, Leonard Embody, aka kwikrnu, open carried a Draco on MARTA to the airport and had lunch there. Of course, there are no photos to confirm it...

Warp
08-30-2011, 21:42
What are you talking about? TSA or LE?

LE
But apparently I am behind the times and they have decided to follow the law and allow people to carry in the non secure area.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/atlanta-lifts-airport-unsecured-area-gun-ban

I see why

"We see from the NBC report that the city changed its policy "quietly" because the administration doesn't agree with state law. As the correspondent who sent me this story tip observed, there’s not a whole lot of media coverage on this, and gun owners need to be apprised of it.'

DaneA
09-01-2011, 16:37
Well my dogs flight was changed from Delta to Continental :steamed: and also later in the day so I get to enjoy Atlanta rush hour :steamed:

So my question to the all knowing GT crowd. According to Continental I am supposed to pick him up at the North Cargo Terminal next to MartinAir. I'm looking on a map and it seems that this is on the opposite side of the airport from the main terminals? Is this correct if anyone knows?
And of course the on going question of will I be able to carry there?

At this rate I'm going to have to take a xanax just deal with this crap! :faint:

norm357
09-01-2011, 16:47
Well my dogs flight was changed from Delta to Continental :steamed: and also later in the day so I get to enjoy Atlanta rush hour :steamed:

So my question to the all knowing GT crowd. According to Continental I am supposed to pick him up at the North Cargo Terminal next to MartinAir. I'm looking on a map and it seems that this is on the opposite side of the airport from the main terminals? Is this correct if anyone knows?
And of course the on going question of will I be able to carry there?

At this rate I'm going to have to take a xanax just deal with this crap! :faint:

Call me. I will walk you in. PM sent

norm357
09-01-2011, 16:59
But to answer your question, yes, the cargo houses are opposite the of the terminals. Coming in from the North, follow the signs on the interstate for air cargo. It's pretty easy to find.

DaneA
09-01-2011, 17:15
But to answer your question, yes, the cargo houses are opposite the of the terminals. Coming in from the North, follow the signs on the interstate for air cargo. It's pretty easy to find.

From the looks of the map it looks like you can pull right up to the door. Is that correct?

norm357
09-01-2011, 17:20
Yes, pull up to the door, and walk up the steps.

DaneA
09-01-2011, 17:53
Yes, pull up to the door, and walk up the steps.

Seems like it will be easier than having to go to the main terminal... :rock:
Any problems carrying in there?

collim1
09-01-2011, 17:58
I carried in the non-secure area a couple of years ago to meet my wife after she got home from an int'l flight. I didn't worry about it, its pretty clear where the point that weapons are not allowed is.

norm357
09-01-2011, 17:59
I met President Bush there and I had a gun in my pocket, so no. :D

steveksux
09-01-2011, 20:37
Anyone thinking this applies in other states, think again. MI also allows firearms in the non-sterile area, but many states to my knowledge forbid firearms carried on airport grounds.

Randy

DaneA
09-01-2011, 21:15
I met President Bush there and I had a gun in my pocket, so no. :D

Now that's funny...

SgtScott31
09-03-2011, 03:03
They're not allowed in the terminal building at Nashville Int'l (TN).

Toorop
09-03-2011, 18:14
Hey, Leonard Embody, aka kwikrnu, open carried a Draco on MARTA to the airport and had lunch there. Of course, there are no photos to confirm it...

That is awesome. Got more information on it?