The most dangerous place for a Chicago police officer is: [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The most dangerous place for a Chicago police officer is:

ronduke
08-30-2011, 00:22
a. Face-to-face with a heavily armed drug gang.
b. Trapped by gangbangers at the end of a dark alley in Englewood.
c. Cornered by some lifers carrying shivs at Stateville prison.
d. Sitting in a Cook County courtroom.
The correct answer is d.

Or at least it was last Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110828/news/708289802/#ixzz1WUTiTJ6p

janice6
08-30-2011, 00:34
Some things are incredible.

Aquanewt
08-30-2011, 02:23
typical inner city jury verdict.

packsaddle
08-30-2011, 02:32
the average educational level of a juror in america is 8th grade.

the average educational level of a juror in chicago is ________?

Cochese
08-30-2011, 03:21
An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to danger. That said, I'd worry more about admin and court. :faint:

Cochese
08-30-2011, 03:24
I like this columnist.

If Mr. Green, now 23, resumes the same line of work that he was in before his arrest, he may well have police visitors in his home sometime in the future.

Then, if Green starts shooting at police, the 12 people he'll need won't be jurors.

They'll be pallbearers.

A6Gator
08-30-2011, 06:22
YGTBSM! The city that gave us Rahm and Barry...makes sense now...

I guess the article I saw where felons get paid by Illinois to baby sit makes sense now:

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/state-and-regional/article_d248222e-d0ff-11e0-a867-001cc4c002e0.html

merlynusn
08-30-2011, 08:28
That just blows my mind. I realize the justice system is crap, but damn.

Ajon412
08-30-2011, 08:47
Kudos to the reporter for calling it like is, reporting the "FACTS" and not putting any "spin" on the story.

Chuck Goudie, whose column appears each Monday, is the chief investigative reporter at ABC 7 News in Chicago. The views in this column are his own and not those of WLS-TV. He can be reached by email at chuckgoudie@gmail.com and followed at twitter.com/ChuckGoudie.

Don't you just love disclaimers. I hope Mr. Goudie isn't out of a job anytime soon.......:dunno:

ray9898
08-30-2011, 14:54
Wow.....

mikegun
08-30-2011, 15:15
I like this columnist.

The reporter has huge balls...

msu_grad_121
08-30-2011, 15:24
The reporter has huge balls...

3 words: custom fitted pants.

Kegs
08-30-2011, 17:55
Come into my house using force and armed with guns and you will be shot I don't care who you are or if you have a warrant or not.

Wannabe Jack Bauer tacticops: you are not welcome in USA.

You want to enforce the law - that is perfectly acceptable, but Americans are getting awfully tired of Elnian Gonzales style "justice".

It's overkill to the extreme and the palm bearers aren't going to be for the "subjects", they will be for the terrorists - the ones busting through the door.

Treat "publics" with respect and you will get the same respect passed your way - if you don't, it's a different story - but a guaranteed way to get hurt is to disrespect those who pay your salary = especially in THEIR house.

Do law enforcement a favor, and review Sun Tzu's THE ART OF WAR.

Win before, not after you go to war.

Proper officers already know this.

Sam Spade
08-30-2011, 18:04
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=13350456&postID=2311264972244395149

For a reading on the de-policing of a city in progress. It should be a cautionary tale for a lot of people.

Sam Spade
08-30-2011, 18:05
Come into my house using force and armed with guns and you will be shot I don't care who you are or if you have a warrant or not.

You want to enforce the law - that is perfectly acceptable, but Americans are getting awfully tired of Elnian Gonzales style "justice".

It's overkill to the extreme and the palm bearers aren't going to be for the "subjects", they will be for the terrorists - the ones busting through the door.

Treat "publics" with respect and you will get the same respect passed your way - if you don't, it's a different story - but a guaranteed way to get hurt is to disrespect those who pay your salary = especially in THEIR house.

And you, especially, should read the link I provided and think a bit.

ray9898
08-30-2011, 19:00

Umm..yeah.:upeyes: This "publics" was not protecting his house, he was protecting his criminal enterprise with force just as criminals routinely do.

Sharky7
08-30-2011, 20:15

Are you really that naive? This was a drug dealer and killer....this is not the one to beat your internet-forum-freedom-hero drum to.

Your post is ignorant - especially with this offender and case. You need to get out of Mayberry and experience what some other parts of the world are like.

OFCJIM40
08-30-2011, 21:01
Goudi the reporter has never been a friend to the Police around here. The vast majority of his reports are anti-Police and claim to be hard hitting reporting. No one in the Chicago area is really sure of why he had a turn around in this story. So no one swoon too much over him yet. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=13350456&postID=1070462488937650931

Cochese
08-30-2011, 22:37

Jack Bauer owns you.