Got Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 Ultimate almost *free* [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 Ultimate almost *free*

Detectorist
08-30-2011, 08:43
I'm taking a graduate course in Information Security at Keller and we get both software packages for free.

Of course, after tuition and fees it ain't so free.

I'm going to install it on my E drive. It's an upgrade version. I might need some advice from you guys on how to do a *clean* install with Win 7

I'm downloading it as we speak (or post).

BlownFiveLiter
08-30-2011, 15:57
Not bad. I can get Win7 Pro for $30 through my college bookstore. IIRC, you can do a clean install with the upgrade disc, but I'm not entirely sure how, since I haven't personally done it.

evilspringer
08-30-2011, 16:26
This should help

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/31402-clean-install-upgrade-windows-7-version.html

Detectorist
08-30-2011, 18:43
Well, got it installed without any issues. It had all the drivers I needed except a specific one for my monitor, which I'll download later.

Cool stuff. It's 2.3GB and will cost me $20 in data overage since I'm on a 5GB/Mo wireless Broadband plan. Well worth it.

edit:

This has been the smoothest OS install ever. I'm impressed with this one.

pal2511
09-07-2011, 14:28
Ah to be a student and get the software for nearly free. I would have loved to cashed in on all the laptop deals with student ID and a free Xbox this year also.

Detectorist
09-07-2011, 21:57
I should have been more specific. I was able to install Windows 7. Also installed all the patches. Seems to be a great system.

Anyone have any suggestions on utilities that I won't be able to live without?