9mm magazines [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 9mm magazines

98_1LE
08-31-2011, 01:38
It is time to buy a new 9mm magazines and wanted to check in. Are the Cobra Tripps still the way to go, and is there any place to get them for less than directly from Tripp?

71Commander
08-31-2011, 06:12
It is time to buy a new 9mm magazines and wanted to check in. Are the Cobra Tripps still the way to go, and is there any place to get them for less than directly from Tripp?

Yes and no.:cool:

doc540
08-31-2011, 07:16
Just buy'em and don't look back.

BuckyP
08-31-2011, 08:51
I've acquired a variety of 9mm mags over the past year to try out. For ultra reliability, I like the Metalform / Springfield magazines. They seem to run the best, though there are only 9 rounds. Others I have are the Tripps, Wilson ETMs, and Dawson's. I've had better luck with the Wilson's than the Tripps, I'm sorry to say. Trips in my .38 super and .40s (using the 10mm magazines) have been excellent. I don't have as much time on the Dawson's yet, but had good luck so far. Further analysis will have to wait until the "Cardboard Box" arrives at my LGS. I am "between 9s" at the moment. :crying:

71Commander
08-31-2011, 09:08
I've acquired a variety of 9mm mags over the past year to try out. For ultra reliability, I like the Metalform / Springfield magazines. They seem to run the best, though there are only 9 rounds. Others I have are the Tripps, Wilson ETMs, and Dawson's. I've had better luck with the Wilson's than the Tripps, I'm sorry to say. Trips in my .38 super and .40s (using the 10mm magazines) have been excellent. I don't have as much time on the Dawson's yet, but had good luck so far. Further analysis will have to wait until the "Cardboard Box" arrives at my LGS. I am "between 9s" at the moment. :crying:

Dawson 9mm mags are Metalform. I have one of each.

fnfalman
08-31-2011, 10:56
Mec-Gar. Love it. I will not own a Wilson in anything but .45ACP. They've proven to be less than reliable in other calibers.

I am not impressed with the fit and finish of the Metalform, and consider the price difference between a Metalform and a Mec-Gar, it's a non-issue. Espeically when you buy Metalform mags and then spend more money for guts replacement.

BuckyP
08-31-2011, 10:58
Dawson 9mm mags are Metalform. I have one of each.

They are different from the Metalforms I have. Spacer in the back of the Dawson, vs. front of the Metalform, though I only have the 9 rd Springfield version. I'm beginning to think space in the front is a better idea...? :dunno:

Good to know where he's getting them from. Thanks for the info.

71Commander
08-31-2011, 11:41
They are different from the Metalforms I have. Spacer in the back of the Dawson, vs. front of the Metalform, though I only have the 9 rd Springfield version. I'm beginning to think space in the front is a better idea...? :dunno:

Good to know where he's getting them from. Thanks for the info.

Mine are the 10 rounders.

I got the MF from Midway for 27. The Dawson's are 38

98_1LE
08-31-2011, 17:19
Thanks ya'all. I have used the Metalform 9-round (Springfield IIRC) mags, and while they worked fine, the followers wore out after about 3k rounds spread over 3 mags. And since ammo comes in boxes of 50, I prefer 10-round mags. I think I will back-order a couple of the Metalform 10-round (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=582914), make sure they work in my gun, and order some more.

Boxerglocker
09-01-2011, 20:36
10 rounders... I use the Tripps, have tried the ETMs and if were to buy new ones right now would go with the Dawsons as I like and use their basepads on my current Tripps with their ICE magwell. I've had zero problems with Checkmate 9 rounders that I use for practice and as backups for the 6th and beyond reloads on my USPSA SS set-up.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
09-01-2011, 21:35
I have several Tripp 9mm mags - only ones I will buy for my 9mm 1911