Another month down... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another month down...

KiloBravo
08-31-2011, 20:00
So, September starts tomorrow. The review panel met this past Monday to discuss the applicants that have made it this far in the process. The last phase is the medical and psych evaluation. About 2200 people started on my eligibility list, and I am one of about 180 or so that is left. That number is probably even smaller now after the background investigations. I have lost about 52 pounds in the last 4 months. The goal is to lose another 25 or so. If all goes well, I hope to be chosen for the academy class this coming November.

Any words of wisdom and/or encouragement are most appreciated. This may be the only shot I get at my dream agency. :wavey:

IndyGunFreak
08-31-2011, 23:49
When one door closes, another one opens. If you don't hear back, apply elsewhere, and if a slot opens up at that agency again, apply again.

Tilley
09-01-2011, 00:28
The best department to work for...

...is the one that offers you the job first!:cool:

Please don't put all your cookies in one jar. Also put in for departments just looking for reserves. A foot in the door is still a foot in the door.

KiloBravo
09-01-2011, 04:50
Thanks gentlemen! :wavey:

If this process falls through with this agency, you can bet that I will start looking at others when the next round of testing comes around.

DaBigBR
09-01-2011, 09:23
Keep going and keep your head up. How many slots are they filling? Remember that getting one of them is not a sure thing until you report.

KiloBravo
09-01-2011, 10:49
Keep going and keep your head up. How many slots are they filling? Remember that getting one of them is not a sure thing until you report.

I don't know what number they are looking towards for the next academy class, but HR said at our PT test site that they have enough funding right now that would support everybody as a cadet that was sitting in that room. Roughly about 160 people. We have lost even more from my list since that day however. They also don't continue with the background investigations on any applicants that there is not a serious interest in around here. I realize I am a long way from being done, but I would like to think I have a shot at this point.