ameriglo vs. trijicon [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ameriglo vs. trijicon

Radam3
08-31-2011, 22:36
Going to get night sights on my 23 tomorrow. My LGS has the ameriglo's for about $20 cheaper than the trijicon's. Is the cost difference worth it? I've heard better things about the trijicon's. So from all of you out the in GT land, which Sony recommend, and why? I'm not too concerned about 20 bucks, but if I can save it, why not? LGS also is installing them for free.
Gonna have them put in a #3.5 connector too. I'm so stoked!

flatblack5_0
08-31-2011, 22:45
from my understanding of what my local gun store clerk tells me is that ameriglo and trijicon are the same.
here is what he explained to me.

it is cheaper to ship the lamps seperate from the sight as they do not have to be shipped hazardous material. ( im not sure how valid this is i can only repeat what was told to me) he said that the ameriglos are just trijicon sights that are assembled in the U.S. with trijicon lamps and sold under the name ameriglo. he did show me both trijicon and ameriglo and if i remember corectly they both say trijicon.

jonboy20
08-31-2011, 22:57
I own both......I have the Ameriglow on my USP and after 8 years they are still bright. I have Trij on my G23. I would say they are the same.

trlcavscout
08-31-2011, 23:22
My Ameriglo's on my G22 had Trijicon capsuls, the front even said Trijicon on it. I have had both and really liked the Ameriglo operator pros just for the wider rear and narrow front.

keenshooter
08-31-2011, 23:37
I like my Triji there a good price 70 bucks installed.

Wolf Spyder
09-01-2011, 00:59
I have had all of them, but I really like Mepro's better. I think they last longer.

Glock40man
09-01-2011, 02:09
I like Trijicons myself YMMV.

Electrikkoolaid
09-01-2011, 02:36
Trigicon sells vials to other manufacturers.

You have to have a special license from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to manufacture them, and most of the other companies don't have that permit.

cadillacguns
09-01-2011, 03:41
I can send my used up trijicons to Trijicon Michigan for lamp replacement at $54 return shipping included.

Sean R
09-01-2011, 05:02
I have a set of Ameriglos on my G20. I think they look really good but Mepros I believe are the brightest out of the bunch

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JBP55
09-01-2011, 05:24
I have installed dozens of Ameriglo sights and recommend them. My preference for night sights is the Pro Operator yellow rear and green front with the orange ring around the tritium.

cgv69
09-01-2011, 06:11
I have installed dozens of Ameriglo sights and recommend them. My preference for night sights is the Pro Operator yellow rear and green front with the orange ring around the tritium.

I love Ameriglo sights and they are installed on all of my Glocks. I use the Tritium "pro" series front with the non-Tritium pro series rear as there is no good reason for rear Tritium IMO and buy going with tritium in the front only, you save about $40 from the cost of going with a full tritium set.

As far as the quality goes, Amerglo uses Trijicon Tritium and the machining of their sites are second to none

JBP55
09-01-2011, 06:52
I love Ameriglo sights and they are installed on all of my Glocks. I use the Tritium "pro" series front with the non-Tritium pro series rear as there is no good reason for rear Tritium IMO and buy going with tritium in the front only, you save about $40 from the cost of going with a full tritium set.

As far as the quality goes, Amerglo uses Trijicon Tritium and the machining of their sites are second to none

I install quite a few like yours. Yesterday I installed a front tritium with the orange ring and a black metal rear on a G4 G34 along with basic trigger work.

ronin.45
09-01-2011, 07:13
I like Ameriglo Proglos. They are easy to use day or night. They use trijicon tritium tubes, so you won't notice a difference in brightness.

rpgman
09-01-2011, 07:19
I install quite a few like yours. Yesterday I installed a front tritium with the orange ring and a black metal rear on a G4 G34 along with basic trigger work.

where is a good place to order these from?

where I can order the Fronts in tritium and the rear in metal?
Thanks,
Greg

Wickersham
09-01-2011, 07:26
ameriglos use plastic white rings around vials, trijicon uses white paint that turns yellow or flakes off.

JBP55
09-01-2011, 09:49
where is a good place to order these from?

where I can order the Fronts in tritium and the rear in metal?
Thanks,
Greg

Directly from Ameriglo. Use GSSF as the discount code for 10% off.

JBP55
09-01-2011, 09:51
ameriglos use plastic white rings around vials, trijicon uses white paint that turns yellow or flakes off.

Correct.

rpgman
09-01-2011, 10:13

cool, thanks.

rpgman
09-01-2011, 10:23

just one more question...

do you know the model numbers of these?

"My preference for night sights is the Pro Operator yellow rear and green front with the orange ring around the tritium."

and, can they be purchased cheaper from Ameriglo, if you buy the above in Tritium fronts and metal rears, or just buy the set?

any links would be great.
Thanks,
greg

JBP55
09-01-2011, 12:19
The front night sight with the orange outline is GL-212-OR-C.
Black rear for small frame is GL-405 PRA.
Black rear for large frame is GL-406 PRA.
Together as a set is GL-433 for small frame and GL-434 for large frame.

Radam3
09-01-2011, 12:42
on my way now. thanks for all the input. i feel comfortable with the ameriglo's thanks to everyone here's input. thanks again. hope i am as happy once they are on, as all of you seem to be.

TX58
09-01-2011, 12:44
radam3: I always use Trijicons because they are narower across the back sight area, allowing more adjustment. That has nothing to do with brightness, or who makes it, just about being able to adjust more if needed. That said I have tried the Ameriglow, Meprolight and Trijicon and I always seem to like the sight picture of the Trijicons better. Plus, I don't know about the customer service of the other companies, but Trijicon has done ok on the one time I had to send a set of "dim before their time" sights back to them. Good luck with whichever one you want.

rpgman
09-01-2011, 12:59
The front night sight with the orange outline is GL-212-OR-C.
Black rear for small frame is GL-405 PRA.
Black rear for large frame is GL-406 PRA.
Together as a set is GL-433 for small frame and GL-434 for large frame.

Bummed, SOLD OUT!!
Greg

JBP55
09-01-2011, 13:01
Bummed, SOLD OUT!!
Greg

I have both new in package. PM sent.

JBP55
09-01-2011, 13:04
radam3: I always use Trijicons because they are narower across the back sight area, allowing more adjustment. That has nothing to do with brightness, or who makes it, just about being able to adjust more if needed. That said I have tried the Ameriglow, Meprolight and Trijicon and I always seem to like the sight picture of the Trijicons better. Plus, I don't know about the customer service of the other companies, but Trijicon has done ok on the one time I had to send a set of "dim before their time" sights back to them. Good luck with whichever one you want.

You can get the Ameriglo with different width in front or rear and they have excellent warranty and service.

rpgman
09-01-2011, 13:46
PM sent back.
Greg

poodleshooter1
09-01-2011, 13:51
from my understanding of what my local gun store clerk tells me....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rpgman
09-01-2011, 14:03
Must have restocked becuase now their available on their website.
Greg

Radam3
09-01-2011, 18:09
they ordered the wrong ones :( now i gotta wait till sometime next week :( and totally forgot to order the 3.5# connector. I'm sad. I had 500 rounds i was gonna go through over the holiday to get used to the new set up.

IT0
09-01-2011, 18:20
AmeriGlo are the same as Trijicon, they even say Trijicon on the side of the AmeriGlo sites.

I hate to bring this up but the AmeriGlo were about half the price of the Trijicon when I bought them, and the LGS put them on for free.

statistic6
09-01-2011, 18:21
I prefer the Trijicon. Have had metropolite (I know it wasnt an option) but prefer the trijicon. It is possible that the ameriglo are trijicon lamps that are shipped different but I would rather pay the extra $20 knowing everything is Trijicon because I trust the brand

statistic6
09-01-2011, 18:21
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nice...

IT0
09-01-2011, 18:33
I prefer the Trijicon. Have had metropolite (I know it wasnt an option) but prefer the trijicon. It is possible that the ameriglo are trijicon lamps that are shipped different but I would rather pay the extra $20 knowing everything is Trijicon because I trust the brand

The AmeriGlo have TRIJICON printed right on the sights!!!! It says it right on the sites...it does not get any more clear than that.

JBP55
09-01-2011, 18:39
The AmeriGlo have TRIJICON printed right on the sights!!!! It says it right on the sites...it does not get any more clear than that.

Because they have Trijicon tritium inserts.

IT0
09-01-2011, 18:57
Because they have Trijicon tritium inserts.

Fair enough...

Steel Head
09-01-2011, 19:25
I have both Ameriglo and Trijicons - both are great.
I'd give the nod to Ameriglo for all the choices they offer.

feel2glocky
09-10-2011, 21:57
I'm just curious about how the POA changes the POI from, when the standard glock sights are changed for a new set of Ameriglo sights ( model GL-149)? In other words, where you having the same hits after the installation of the new Ameriglo sights?

Javelin
09-10-2011, 22:03
My Ameriglo's on my G22 had Trijicon capsuls, the front even said Trijicon on it. I have had both and really liked the Ameriglo operator pros just for the wider rear and narrow front.

Agreed. I like Ameriglo sights as they do use the Trijicon inserts just that the design of the Ameriglo is more appealing to me for reflexive fire. That said I would buy Trijicon sights if there was some really good deal or something.