A little light reading [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A little light reading

BamaTrooper
09-02-2011, 08:03
http://dps.alabama.gov/Documents/BlueLight/201109September.pdf

DaBigBR
09-02-2011, 11:45
Thanks as usual, read it every time you post it.

siblueg
09-02-2011, 14:27
I see the honor guard wears the holsters backwards, what is the meaning of that?

BamaTrooper
09-02-2011, 14:43
I see the honor guard wears the holsters backwards, what is the meaning of that?

The rifle manuevers are all done right handed and wearing it cross draw keeps it out of the way. I suppose left hander would wear it cross draw for uniformity.

If you pay attention, you will see there are no name tags or rank insignia. I asked the Lt that leads the pictured squad if that was because it wasn't about them but about honoring the deceased and he said he had never thought about it that way. It may be that teh rank insignia would not be uniform across the unit since they run from Lt to Trooper.:dunno:

DaBigBR
09-02-2011, 16:17

The rifle manuevers are all done right handed and wearing it cross draw keeps it out of the way. I suppose left hander would wear it cross draw for uniformity.

If you pay attention, you will see there are no name tags or rank insignia. I asked the Lt that leads the pictured squad if that was because it wasn't about them but about honoring the deceased and he said he had never thought about it that way. It may be that teh rank insignia would not be uniform across the unit since they run from Lt to Trooper.:dunno:

I would also imagine that tradition factors in somewhat, too. I believe that our state patrol honor guard wears cross draw flap holsters. In fact, they wore them on patrol until 2002 or 2003.

siblueg
09-02-2011, 20:43
Thanks

Hack
09-02-2011, 21:00
Thanks for posting.