Default Email [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Default Email

rfrf
09-03-2011, 06:09
When I click the reply button on Craigslist it opens Outlook, how do I change it so it opens my comcast email ?
Thanks in Advance,

rf

Sgt. Schultz
09-03-2011, 14:45
In your browser look under Tools - Options and depending on the browser you use either the Applications or Programs tab ...

rfrf
09-03-2011, 18:47
Thanks, Can I select an email that is not offered in the drop down window ?

CitizenOfDreams
09-03-2011, 19:33
Is your "Comcast e-mail" web-based per chance? In that case, I don't think you can do that. You can only choose between e-mail client programs - such as Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird etc.

Glock 1
09-06-2011, 06:15
If Comcast email is internet based and not an actual installed program, it cannot be set as the default in IE. You could always contact your provider and ask them if they have a client version of the email program. It's a shot in the dark but you never know.

Sgt. Schultz
09-06-2011, 09:37
.... or you could setup a e-mail program (OE, Thunderbird etc...) to access your comcast e-mail account and then set it as the default browser program.

Glock 1
09-06-2011, 10:02
.... or you could setup a e-mail program (OE, Thunderbird etc...) to access your comcast e-mail account and then set it as the default browser program.

This is true and is a good choice. Outlook has a pretty easy setup too and it will allow you to have personal folders and work offline if need be. Plus, when you login it can be configured to pull your email off the server, thereby leaving it all on your pc where you never have to log in to Comcast to empty it.

The downside is you have to make sure you backup your .pst and .nk2 files. pst's become prone to corrupting past the 2GB mark and nk2's corrupt all the time due to the naming convention in some email addresses.

NK2 is the file that holds the email addresses that pops up when your typing the names in the "To" field in Outlook.