Finally a news story about parents taking active interest in raising kids [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally a news story about parents taking active interest in raising kids

steveksux
09-03-2011, 06:51
http://www.freep.com/article/20110901/NEWS04/110901008/Mother-son-friend-accused-series-break-ins-Chesterfield-Township

Too many people just leave their kids to raise themselves, pawning their responsibilities off on playstations and xboxes used as babysitters, some parents even make their kids drive their own getaway cars.

Nice to see a mom pitching in and helping out, spending quality time with the kids.

Randy

Patchman
09-03-2011, 11:05
You got moms beating up their kids' school teachers because the teachers dared to discipline them. You got moms who egg on their children into fights to build 'character.' You got moms who provide guns for their kids to settle fights. You got moms who go on shoplifting sprees with their children.

So why not mom being the get-a-way driver.

What I'm waiting for is one day a mom posting on CT and berating the LEOs there for being too harshly honest with her little Johnny and his "unique" ideas about LE. Little Johnny is a sensitive choir boy, don't you know...

Oooops there goes that little Johnny thing rant again. :)

steveksux
09-03-2011, 12:57
You got moms beating up their kids' school teachers because the teachers dared to discipline them. You got moms who egg on their children into fights to build 'character.' You got moms who provide guns for their kids to settle fights. You got moms who go on shoplifting sprees with their children.Sadly enough, I remember all those cases except moms beating up kids teacher from the local Detroit media. We've got it all. I probably just missed the story about the teacher. One woman, after her son had a beef during a B-ball game, drove her kid back to the basketball court, popped the hood so he could retrieve a gun hidden in the engine compartment, and he proceeded to accidentally shoot someone completely different from the guy that he had the beef with.

What I'm waiting for is one day a mom posting on CT and berating the LEOs there for being too harshly honest with her little Johnny and his "unique" ideas about LE. Little Johnny is a sensitive choir boy, don't you know...

Oooops there goes that little Johnny thing rant again. :)You Johnny bashers always get a free pass here... :tongueout::rofl:

Randy