What would happen if you lied on tag check.. [Archive] - Page 2 - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if you lied on tag check..

Pages : 1 [2]

JuneyBooney
09-08-2011, 20:34
And you believe operating a vehicle in violation of the law is excusable behavior?

By the way, who are "the wolves?"

The wolves are nosy people..not leo folks.. I see many people operating autos contrary to law but that is normal in the Dc area...we have the worst drivers in the nation. :rofl::wow:

JuneyBooney
09-08-2011, 20:37
I am waiting for the denouement where the Ex-detective follows the suspect to a bar, confronts him in the back alley when the suspect goes to pee, punches him and pulls out his personal gun, and the suspect laughs and says, "What are you gonna do, arrest me, copper? I will be back out on the streets before you can finish the first page of the report!"

Then the copper cocks the hammer back on his Glock 7 ceramic pistol which is made in Germany to evade x ray machines and cost more than you make in a month. The suspect then gets worried and says, "but you can't shoot me, you're a cop!" The ex-detective scowls and says, "WRONG, bucko. I'm an ex cop!"

Fade to another scene where the ex-detective's partner is looking for him to stop him from doing something he will regret while the captain is sitting at his work desk, at night, alone, staring at the detective's badge that he turned in, and something clicks, and realizes the detective was right all along! The captain grabs his cheap sports coat and runs out the door.

Cut to commercial break.:tongueout:

I gave up a long time ago on this thread. Now I'm just making ish up. Hey! Just like the OP!

The worst thing is what I posted is true. But yours is much better. :rofl:

Then we can discuss how the neighbor thinks that the judge should be fired for issuing a bench warrant after he failed to appear at a hearing that he nor his attorney was never notified. :whistling: But that is another issue.

jpa
09-08-2011, 21:22
I am waiting for the denouement where the Ex-detective follows the suspect to a bar, confronts him in the back alley when the suspect goes to pee, punches him and pulls out his personal gun, and the suspect laughs and says, "What are you gonna do, arrest me, copper? I will be back out on the streets before you can finish the first page of the report!"

Then the copper cocks the hammer back on his Glock 7 ceramic pistol which is made in Germany to evade x ray machines and cost more than you make in a month. The suspect then gets worried and says, "but you can't shoot me, you're a cop!" The ex-detective scowls and says, "WRONG, bucko. I'm an ex cop!"

Fade to another scene where the ex-detective's partner is looking for him to stop him from doing something he will regret while the captain is sitting at his work desk, at night, alone, staring at the detective's badge that he turned in, and something clicks, and realizes the detective was right all along! The captain grabs his cheap sports coat and runs out the door.

Cut to commercial break.:tongueout:

I gave up a long time ago on this thread. Now I'm just making ish up. Hey! Just like the OP!

RIGGS!!!!! I'm too old for this sh**t!!!!

wprebeck
09-08-2011, 22:10
It's just amazing to me that in some states, a private citizen can go to a judge and get a warrant issued, or even get an audience to do so. I've never heard of a warrant being issued in this state without a law enforcement investigation, and a sworn peace officer presenting the affidavit to the judge.

Off topic -

Welcome to Kentucky. File a complaint, judge issues arrest warrant, person goes to jail. Care to guess how many bull**** domestic violence complaints get made? I've seen a number of coworkers locked up in their own jail because of crazy *****es and fake complaints.

On topic -

Holy crap. Epic potential here...don't lock it, Russ.

lawman800
09-09-2011, 02:07
:whistling:That is how the law works isn't it..:whistling: The truth does not matter. Just who has an attorney that played golf with the judge the previous day.

Damn straight. It's not about the truth. It's about who sold his version of the truth better to the audience, be it judge or jury.:faint:

The system is set up as the best way to get to the truth. However, it doesn't always get there and we still have to adjudicate the case based on what we have.

Mayhem like Me
09-09-2011, 08:59
What it shows is sloppiness. That tag number was a key element and the first responses agreed. If the neighbor proves it and goes forward he could get the guy in deep trouble or even get some money. But in today's society a white dude might not get any money because it is not pc. :cool:

Then have the neighbor prove it or STFU about it, really scan a copy of the report since it is now open record. time to put up or shut up.

GackMan
09-09-2011, 10:11
This thread dilutes the currency of coptalk to 3rd world levels.

JuneyBooney
09-09-2011, 11:54
This thread dilutes the currency of coptalk to 3rd world levels.

Aren't you talking about America as it stands now? :whistling::rofl:

ray9898
09-09-2011, 12:09
What it shows is sloppiness. That tag number was a key element and the first responses agreed. If the neighbor proves it and goes forward he could get the guy in deep trouble or even get some money. But in today's society a white dude might not get any money because it is not pc. :cool:

Sloppiness, misstating, or misdescribing a fact is not a malicious act like you are insinuating. As I said earlier, ownership of the car is not in question. You simply have issue with the way the detective described it for some unknown reason. You are trying to equate this with someone who just made up a fact out of the air which is proven to be a lie.

Ownership can be proven a dozen different ways and the material fact remains the same. His statement did not create a false fact which was material to the prosecution, it poorly described a known fact which is undisputed.

Hell, ownership of the car is not even a material fact. You still need to show the defendant had possession of it at the time of the incident.

lawman800
09-09-2011, 16:00
We have lost our standing in the world of coptalk threads?

merlynusn
09-09-2011, 16:04
You don't have to title or register a car if it has no lien. A certificate of origin is from the manufacturer and it shows where the car came from. In other words one that is built from Ford, Gm. Honda etc and then it gets titled in a state or territory. Yes, it needs a tag to be driven on a roadway but a dealer tag could be placed on the car which would not require registration of the vehicle.

You are wrong about that. Please follow the links below. I put a brief snippet in here. I'm too hungry to put more.

46.2-600. Owner to secure registration and certificate of title or certificate of ownership.

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter every person who owns a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or his authorized attorney-in-fact, shall, before it is operated on any highway in the Commonwealth, register with the Department and obtain from the Department the registration card and certificate of title for the vehicle. Individuals applying for registration shall provide the Department with the residence address of the owner of the vehicle being registered. A business applying for registration shall provide the Department with the street address of the owner or lessee of the vehicle being registered.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-600

Vehicle Registration Information
It's Required

Before you can get on the road with your motor vehicle, motorcycle, tractor truck, trailer or semitrailer, (46.2-600) you're required to title and register it at one of our customer service centers (CSCs) or a DMV Select office.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/vehiclereg.asp

Many of us have told the neighbor that the detective was listening to what people told him. But as it was not a face value street stop the tag did mater and what ticked the neighbor off really bad was that he found the police were not honest because of the lie about the car. Seems logical to me. You get popped and then tell them the car is not registered and nobody wants tp hear that a detective did wrong. I have seen judges get upset when people "impugn the integrity of the system". I thought everyone knew the system was broken.

You need to stop saying "the police were not honest and he lied." Because you keep harping on that, this is really all a lost cause. You believe what you believe and absolutely NOTHING anyone else says will change your mind. We are all just wasting our time.

People have explained to you several times about how this all could have happened. There are NO kidnapping charges because there was a valid arrest warrant signed by a judicial official for your friend's arrest. Now do you honestly think the detective sat there and willfully lied just to get an arrest? If so, then you are far beyond any help from us here. Yes, if he willfully lied, then he should be sent to jail for perjury. Since "everyone is just saying the detective is sloppy", then that takes out your willful and malicious lying and shows you are beyond any help from us here since you continue to believe that.

scottydl
09-09-2011, 18:33
We have lost our standing in the world of coptalk threads?

I was starting to think the same thing, and am pulling the plug on this one.

*Unsubscribe*

RussP
09-09-2011, 22:00
JuneyBooney, what police department is involved in this?

MeefZah
09-09-2011, 22:26
OP's a ****ing moron, but what does that make us for following along this long?

Focker OUT!

JuneyBooney
09-09-2011, 23:05
OP's a ****ing moron, but what does that make us for following along this long?

Focker OUT!

I won't even respond but the facts are as I stated. I guess i was the captain for the boat trip. :whistling:

JuneyBooney
09-09-2011, 23:11
You are wrong about that. Please follow the links below. I put a brief snippet in here. I'm too hungry to put more.

46.2-600. Owner to secure registration and certificate of title or certificate of ownership.

Except as otherwise provided in this chapter every person who owns a motor vehicle, trailer or semitrailer, or his authorized attorney-in-fact, shall, before it is operated on any highway in the Commonwealth, register with the Department and obtain from the Department the registration card and certificate of title for the vehicle. Individuals applying for registration shall provide the Department with the residence address of the owner of the vehicle being registered. A business applying for registration shall provide the Department with the street address of the owner or lessee of the vehicle being registered.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-600

Vehicle Registration Information
It's Required

Before you can get on the road with your motor vehicle, motorcycle, tractor truck, trailer or semitrailer, (46.2-600) you're required to title and register it at one of our customer service centers (CSCs) or a DMV Select office.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/vehicles/vehiclereg.asp

You need to stop saying "the police were not honest and he lied." Because you keep harping on that, this is really all a lost cause. You believe what you believe and absolutely NOTHING anyone else says will change your mind. We are all just wasting our time.

People have explained to you several times about how this all could have happened. There are NO kidnapping charges because there was a valid arrest warrant signed by a judicial official for your friend's arrest. Now do you honestly think the detective sat there and willfully lied just to get an arrest? If so, then you are far beyond any help from us here. Yes, if he willfully lied, then he should be sent to jail for perjury. Since "everyone is just saying the detective is sloppy", then that takes out your willful and malicious lying and shows you are beyond any help from us here since you continue to believe that.

You are right about the titling the car..unless the car is owned by a dealer or towed and then it would not have to ever be titled. You cna actually buy cars in Va that are 30 years old and never titled. So actually we are both correct.

Do I think the detective lied intentionally..yes because I don't know anyone that could be that sloppy or stupid. :rofl: Too many guys write charges not intending to get convictions. The chain of evidence must not have any tears in it for a conviction I do appreciate your input of an alternative theory of evidence and the point is taken.

lawman800
09-10-2011, 00:00
JuneyBooney, what police department is involved in this?

I noticed he answered every post but skipped this one... Now I ain't no detective but... That might be what we call a clue!:whistling::tongueout::crying:

4949shooter
09-10-2011, 04:51
I noticed he answered every post but skipped this one... Now I ain't no detective but... That might be what we call a clue!:whistling::tongueout::crying:

Yes, and as mentioned earlier by Swatb, I would also like to see the report posted.

RussP
09-10-2011, 06:34
Do I think the detective lied intentionally..yes because I don't know anyone that could be that sloppy or stupid. :rofl: :whistling:Too many guys write charges not intending to get convictions.Quantify that "too many". How do you know about all these charges written without expectation of conviction.
The chain of evidence must not have any tears in it for a conviction I do appreciate your input of an alternative theory of evidence and the point is taken.Well, if the evidence is really sad, it might cause someone handling it to cry real tears. Some tears might fall on the evidence and contaminate it.

What chain of evidence, what evidence are you alluding to?

RussP
09-10-2011, 06:35
I noticed he answered every post but skipped this one... Now I ain't no detective but... That might be what we call a clue!:whistling::tongueout::crying:That's one unanswered question...

RussP
09-10-2011, 06:38
I asked this before, but you didn't answer.
The story is correct as told from my reading documents. I appreciate your input. If you had seen the reports of the three goons backgrounds you would wonder how the neighbor ever got charged. One had shot a man after he got caught molesting the man's son. The other was in jail for burglary and the third was an armed robber who burned his uncle's home. The neighbor had no record and was raised with religion. Now as I see it when violence comes people should be trained for it. Nobody should sit back because of their religion and take it. Just my opinion.

Russ, I don't dislike leo at all and i consider them friends. I just want them to be honest and professional and to not lie because that is what separates them from the bad guys. Some of us in my profession say that the system is on one side, the bad guys on the other side and society in the middle. :whistling:

Update in a few weeks.What is your profession?

While we're here, how did your neighbor find out about the three goons' backgrounds? Who gave him that information?

JuneyBooney
09-10-2011, 07:15
Yes, and as mentioned earlier by Swatb, I would also like to see the report posted.

I can't legally post something that was expunged can I. Wouldn't I be violating privacy and the law. I can't tell something that would unduly prejudice the parties. It just wouldn't be right. I asked a simple question about a tag and got many good responses as well as some that were argumentative but for the web it actually is very civil.

CJStudent
09-10-2011, 07:19
I can't legally post something that was expunged can I. Wouldn't I be violating privacy and the law. I can't tell something that would unduly prejudice the parties. It just wouldn't be right. I asked a simple question about a tag and got many good responses as well as some that were argumentative but for the web it actually is very civil.

In other words, you don't have anything to post, and are making excuses. Pardon us for seeing through the BS smokescreen you've been trying to blow around here.

merlynusn
09-10-2011, 10:04
You are right about the titling the car..unless the car is owned by a dealer or towed and then it would not have to ever be titled. You cna actually buy cars in Va that are 30 years old and never titled. So actually we are both correct.

Do I think the detective lied intentionally..yes because I don't know anyone that could be that sloppy or stupid. :rofl: Too many guys write charges not intending to get convictions. The chain of evidence must not have any tears in it for a conviction I do appreciate your input of an alternative theory of evidence and the point is taken.

Actually, further along in the link http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-600 is the following:

Unless he has previously applied for registration and a certificate of title or he is exempted under 46.2-619, 46.2-631, and 46.2-1206, every person residing in the Commonwealth who owns a motor vehicle, trailer, or semitrailer, or his duly authorized attorney-in-fact, shall, within 30 days of the purchase or transfer, apply to the Department for a certificate of ownership.

Your friend owned the car for 6 months and never got a title or proved ownership. So no, you are not right. Your friend committed a crime (albeit a minor one) by not getting the proper paperwork done on the car.

I do like how you believe the detective maliciously lied as opposed to being sloppy. If the department and/or courts thought he maliciously lied, then he would have been fired already and criminal charges would have been brought up. I am sure the arrest etc got expunged based on the fact the testimony from the original accuser was false as opposed to the detective.

And I don't know anyone who makes an arrest just based on the fact they get a clearance and won't get a conviction. Now do I know that cases I make an arrest on will never see the light of day in a courtroom? Absolutely. That isn't because it's a bad arrest it's because it's a crap case with too many holes in it for our overloaded and overworked DA's office to waste their time on. They can get to less than 5% of the felonies that occur in this jurisdiction every year. Which do you think they going to go to trial on? A slam dunk or a crap case? And crap case comes into the prosecution problems such as non-cooperative victims, not enough independent witnesses, etc.

RussP
09-10-2011, 10:40
I can't legally post something that was expunged can I. Wouldn't I be violating privacy and the law. I can't tell something that would unduly prejudice the parties. It just wouldn't be right.Expunged? What was expunged?

Your profession?

The name of the police department?

How you came to know the criminal histories of The Three Goons in such detail?

Or your neighbor's arrest, the details of which you have posted here?

4949shooter
09-10-2011, 11:02

The report is subject to being open to public record. You know as well as I do that the "private" information will be redacted.

Please provide for us. It will answer a lot of questions.

steveksux
09-10-2011, 11:16
Lawman, Russ, I think it was MPTD's old department... :whistling:

Randy

blueiron
09-10-2011, 12:43
This ain't GNG.

Here is the "Tag" for the journeyman Serial Exaggerator in this thread -

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/blueiron/3264__86383_zoom-1.jpg

lawman800
09-10-2011, 12:52

Randy

You sure it's not the largest retail mall in America?:whistling:

steveksux
09-10-2011, 12:55
You sure it's not the largest retail mall in America?:whistling:Wasn't that his retirement gig? :rofl:

Randy

lawman800
09-10-2011, 12:58
Even if a record is expunged, it shows the arrest and conviction on the court docket, and the conviction would then note the set aside and dismissal pursuant to pc1203.4 in CA. If you mean the record was "sealed" by court order then it's a different matter. Which then raises the question on how would you know if the record was sealed unless you work in the court clerk's office and you snooped?

RussP
09-10-2011, 12:58

RandyNo, that department actually existed, although MTPD's exploits were highly, highly suspect.

This may all be an amalgamation of events that really happened in the OP's own life, some to a lesser degree, some to a greater degree.

steveksux
09-10-2011, 13:01
although MTPD's exploits were highly, highly suspect. Hmmmmph.... Says YOU! :tongueout:

Randy

steveksux
09-10-2011, 13:02
Even if a record is expunged, it shows the arrest and conviction on the court docket, and the conviction would then note the set aside and dismissal pursuant to pc1203.4 in CA. That, and all traces of spunge were chemically removed....

Randy

DaBigBR
09-10-2011, 14:52
I find the whole "expunged" development interesting...it wraps everything up in a nice little bow of "well, I'd love to show you, but..."

JuneyBooney
09-10-2011, 14:57
This ain't GNG.

Here is the "Tag" for the journeyman Serial Exaggerator in this thread -

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/blueiron/3264__86383_zoom-1.jpg

I would like to have on eof those tags. :rofl:Where did you get it?

JuneyBooney
09-10-2011, 15:02
The report is subject to being open to public record. You know as well as I do that the "private" information will be redacted.

Please provide for us. It will answer a lot of questions.

There was no report written..just charges filed for by a lunatic and then the detective filed them with the magistrate. I will see what I can get and redact it to remain somewhat private.

RussP
09-10-2011, 15:10
There was no report written..just charges filed for by a lunatic and then the detective filed them with the magistrate. I will see what I can get and redact it to remain somewhat private.A detective investigated, did not write a report, but filed charges with a magistrate.

Okay...

blueiron
09-10-2011, 15:22
It is called "Continuity" in fiction.

As explained in Wikipedia -

In fiction, continuity (also called time-scheme) is consistency of the characteristics of persons, plot, objects, places and events seen by the reader or viewer over some period of time. It is of relevance to several media.

Continuity is particularly a concern in the production of film and television due to the difficulty of rectifying an error in continuity after shooting has wrapped up. It also applies to other art forms, including novels, comics, anime, videogames and animation, though usually on a smaller scale.

Most productions have a script supervisor on hand whose job is to pay attention to and attempt to maintain continuity across the chaotic and typically non-linear production shoot. This takes the form of a large amount of paperwork, photographs, and attention to and memory of large quantities of detail, some of which is sometimes assembled into the story bible for the production. It usually regards factors both within the scene and often even technical details including meticulous records of camera positioning and equipment settings. The use of a Polaroid camera was standard but has since been replaced by the advent of digital cameras. All of this is done so that ideally all related shots can match, despite perhaps parts being shot thousands of miles and several months apart. It is a less conspicuous job, though, because if done perfectly, no one will ever notice.

In comic books, continuity has also come to mean a set of contiguous events, sometimes said to be "set in the same universe" (see fictional crossover and fictional universe) or "separate universes" (see intercompany crossover).

Today, maintaining strong plot and character continuity is also a high priority for many writers of long-running television series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_(fiction)

There are a dearth of continuity problems in the thread.

lawman800
09-10-2011, 18:53
I find the twists and turns very engaging, almost like a M. Night Shamalyan production.

RussP
09-10-2011, 20:07
It is called "Continuity" in fiction.

As explained in Wikipedia -

In fiction, continuity (also called time-scheme) is consistency of the characteristics of persons, plot, objects, places and events seen by the reader or viewer over some period of time. It is of relevance to several media.

Continuity is particularly a concern in the production of film and television due to the difficulty of rectifying an error in continuity after shooting has wrapped up. It also applies to other art forms, including novels, comics, anime, videogames and animation, though usually on a smaller scale.

Most productions have a script supervisor on hand whose job is to pay attention to and attempt to maintain continuity across the chaotic and typically non-linear production shoot. This takes the form of a large amount of paperwork, photographs, and attention to and memory of large quantities of detail, some of which is sometimes assembled into the story bible for the production. It usually regards factors both within the scene and often even technical details including meticulous records of camera positioning and equipment settings. The use of a Polaroid camera was standard but has since been replaced by the advent of digital cameras. All of this is done so that ideally all related shots can match, despite perhaps parts being shot thousands of miles and several months apart. It is a less conspicuous job, though, because if done perfectly, no one will ever notice.

In comic books, continuity has also come to mean a set of contiguous events, sometimes said to be "set in the same universe" (see fictional crossover and fictional universe) or "separate universes" (see intercompany crossover).

Today, maintaining strong plot and character continuity is also a high priority for many writers of long-running television series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_(fiction)

There are a dearth of continuity problems in the thread.Yup...There is a rule in creative writing called continuity. A reader is more apt to read a story through when there is/are common thread/threads. Your story has no continuity. The players continue to change complexion/identity. The facts become more incredulous with each telling.

razdog76
09-11-2011, 09:36
There was no report written..just charges filed for by a lunatic and then the detective filed them with the magistrate. I will see what I can get and redact it to remain somewhat private.

:dunno:
Arrest = report.

steveksux
09-11-2011, 09:39
Arrest = report.
Are you sure? You mean you can't file charges based just on word of mouth? :tongueout:
Would sure make discovery a lot easier for everyone involved if there was no paperwork to back up the arrest.

Randy

razdog76
09-11-2011, 09:45
Are you sure? You mean you can't file charges based just on word of mouth? :tongueout:
Would sure make discovery a lot easier for everyone involved if there was no paperwork to back up the arrest.

Randy

Nope, I could only DETAIN.:supergrin:

...and then still have to write a report.

lawman800
09-11-2011, 11:21
If I arrest based on probably cause then I don't need to file a report. If I wear a hat, then I go directly to the magistrate with charges without stopping by the station. Because I am cool like that.

JuneyBooney
09-11-2011, 15:15

Randy

The Sgt that made the arrest was dumbfounded. They went to neighbor's parent's home to pick him up and they said that dmv had a different address. Sgt even allowed neighbor to go to his home and chat about the case. Not all detectives and leo are bad fellas. Just a few bozos that want to win at all costs and make the profession look bad. I will have to ask the neighbor for any actual report if he has it.

JuneyBooney
09-11-2011, 15:16
If I arrest based on probably cause then I don't need to file a report. If I wear a hat, then I go directly to the magistrate with charges without stopping by the station. Because I am cool like that.

:rofl:That is believable to me.

JuneyBooney
09-11-2011, 15:17
Arrest = report.

I think that got "gone" but I will ask the neighbor and see what he has.

lawman800
09-11-2011, 15:51
Get the neighbor to redact it for you so you don't violate the sealed report.

blueiron
09-11-2011, 16:00
More stalling and excuses.

Someone is not a "mall ninja" - they are a "mall attorney" with an imaginary client.

merlynusn
09-12-2011, 07:59
The Sgt that made the arrest was dumbfounded. They went to neighbor's parent's home to pick him up and they said that dmv had a different address. Sgt even allowed neighbor to go to his home and chat about the case. Not all detectives and leo are bad fellas. Just a few bozos that want to win at all costs and make the profession look bad. I will have to ask the neighbor for any actual report if he has it.

Why in the world would a SGT be dumbfounded because DMV has a different address?? SO WHAT!?!?!

The address on the warrant is immaterial. People out here hardly ever change their address like they are supposed to. We get addresses that are 3-4 years old and 5 residences ago. Either that or they only use their parents address and never tell you what their real address is.

Mayhem like Me
09-12-2011, 08:36
This is all based on "probably cause"...

OP started this thread probably cause he had nothing better to do....

CJStudent
09-12-2011, 08:39

But did he, in fact, have probably cause to start the thread? Was he wearing his hat? Did he even have an appointment?!

lawman800
09-12-2011, 08:44
He started this thread across a few thousand miles worth of jurisdictions. That's a new record.

RussP
09-12-2011, 09:17
The Sgt that made the arrest was dumbfounded. They went to neighbor's parent's home to pick him up and they said that dmv had a different address. Sgt even allowed neighbor to go to his home and chat about the case. Not all detectives and leo are bad fellas. Just a few bozos that want to win at all costs and make the profession look bad. I will have to ask the neighbor for any actual report if he has it.A new player!!

The Arresting Sgt...

Again, not surprisingly, this is confusing.

"The Sgt that made the arrest was dumbfounded." - What "dumbfounded" the Sgt?

"They went to neighbor's parent's home to pick him up" - Who are "they"? The Sgt and another person? The Sgt and ________.

"and they said that dmv had a different address." - Again, who are "they"?

"Sgt even allowed neighbor to go to his home and chat about the case." - Neighbor went to the Sgt's home to discuss "the case"? The neighbor went to the arresting officer's home to discuss the case? Really? Why? Did the Sgt invite neighbor to his house? Did neighbor just show up at the door? When in the time line did this one-on-one happen?

"Not all detectives and leo are bad fellas." - CYA time...

"Just a few bozos that want to win at all costs and make the profession look bad. " - Yep.

"I will have to ask the neighbor for any actual report if he has it." - The neighbor is wanting to sue the detective and doesn't have all of the supporting documents?

nitesite10mm
09-12-2011, 09:36
Looks like the OP decided to disappear once folks started to sort out the hash....

Actually went to dinner with gf. :cool:

nitesite10mmDoes she come along with you so she can cut your meat into manageable little bite sized chewable pieces for you?

Mayhem like Me
09-12-2011, 09:42
Russ asked and important question that throughout history is alwasy asked...

Who are "They".

They are always at the root of any problem.

They cannot control themselves.

They are responsoible for deficit spending.

They are responsible for double digit inflation.

They are responsible for unemployment.

They contribute to global warming.

They take away your guns.

They detain you.

They ask for your reciept at Walmart.

They start threads without using the search feature.

They never talk to the police.

They are always right.

They tailgate you and or drive too slow in the fast lane.

They have obnoxious kids( not like your little darlings).

They are the real problem and I propose that WE kick Theys' ass.....

Bushido5150
09-12-2011, 09:56
I am very entertained!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RussP
09-12-2011, 10:22
No longer needed

nitesite10mm
09-12-2011, 10:29
post redacted

blueiron
09-12-2011, 12:39
This thread has become the CopTalk equivalent of the movie "Battlefield Earth". A ridiculous premise, underwritten with lots of assumptive overreaching and intellectually incoherent dialogue on the part of the OP, and enough cognitive dissonance and inconsistency to make all decisions of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit seem perfectly reasonable.

Enough!

lawman800
09-12-2011, 18:22
You mean you can't find a harriet jump jet after a few hundred years and have the jet fuel in good condition and also learn to fly it without training and instruction? That is more plausible than this story.

DaBigBR
09-12-2011, 21:07
A copy of the report is being held down by Glocker424's duty belt.

lawman800
09-12-2011, 21:51
Is it right next to the book that had all the answers to every question ever asked?

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:46

:rofl:That is a good one. I asked a question and got lots of good responses. Most honest folks admit that something was wrong and it was. If a warrant is based upon false information it is not valid. :whistling:

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:47
You mean you can't find a harriet jump jet after a few hundred years and have the jet fuel in good condition and also learn to fly it without training and instruction? That is more plausible than this story.

Harrier jump jets are pretty awesome in my opinion. :cool:

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:49
Russ asked and important question that throughout history is alwasy asked...

Who are "They".

They are always at the root of any problem.

They cannot control themselves.

They are responsoible for deficit spending.

They are responsible for double digit inflation.

They are responsible for unemployment.

They contribute to global warming.

They take away your guns.

They detain you.

They ask for your reciept at Walmart.

They start threads without using the search feature.

They never talk to the police.

They are always right.

They tailgate you and or drive too slow in the fast lane.

They have obnoxious kids( not like your little darlings).

They are the real problem and I propose that WE kick Theys' ass.....

I have always wondered who "they" are. You have explained it. Thanks:whistling:

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:50
nitesite10mmDoes she come along with you so she can cut your meat into manageable little bite sized chewable pieces for you?

She's a vegetarian so I have to cut it myself. :shocked:

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:54
Get the neighbor to redact it for you so you don't violate the sealed report.

Just to show you guys that the so called investigation was not done here is a good part...Detective goes to alleged repair facility and ascertains that the vehicle could have been removed and that the mileage was recorded when the car was brought in for service...:whistling: Mileage in all new car facilities is always recorded when the car is dropped off except if dropped off at night. That makes sense to you guys right..:cool: New car with warranty claim and money equals check mileage right away.

JuneyBooney
09-12-2011, 22:59
Why in the world would a SGT be dumbfounded because DMV has a different address?? SO WHAT!?!?!

The address on the warrant is immaterial. People out here hardly ever change their address like they are supposed to. We get addresses that are 3-4 years old and 5 residences ago. Either that or they only use their parents address and never tell you what their real address is.

Because the DMV address was correct and there was no mention of it anywhere. How did the detective get the info...from the statement of charges filed by the scumball number three and referred to detective. Then he didn't check anything either because of negligence or out to get the guy.

As soon as I have time to write more details I will for you guys to see that not all detectives do their work properly and not all are honest. I guess we were all brought up to believe that leo are honest and officer friendly is your friend. But it is not always right. :shocked: Just give me some time..i am kind of busy this week.

lawman800
09-12-2011, 23:44
Why don't you just have the sergeant and detective come here and talk to us and cut out the middle man?

blueiron
09-13-2011, 00:21
The lies continue, eh JB?

Ask anyone in the auto sales industry, law enforcement, the insurance industry, etc. about Carfax being a definitive source and they'll laugh their head off. How about you take my suggestion and bother to type carfax problems into any English language Internet search engine and read some of the horror stories.

I'll even synopize it for you - Carfax is NOT a definitive source for damages, auto accidents, criminal damages, acts of malicious mischief, insurance fraud, or anything else occurring to a motor vehicle. They do not solicit or receive all reports of traffic accidents/incidents or criminal reports involving motor vehicles. It costs $7.50 per copy of a single traffic accident at my former agency and that doesn't include the reports involving death, criminal acts, or significant traffic misdemeanors. Those reports are billed per page. Now, if you count every agency in my State of which there are several hundred, let alone all 49 other States, and throw in the number of traffic accidents/incidents and criminal acts that involve reportable damages to a motor vehicle; Carfax would soon be insolvent at the prices they would have to pay the records sections of police/sheriff and highway patrols nationwide versus what they charge for one person looking to buy or review a couple of vehicles and getting their reports.

The only person lying here is not an unnamed detective or police supervisor - it is you. You have a demonstrable history of posting over in CT about mysterious "incidents" which always happen to others and are always caused by a nefarious or incompetent cop. You always throw out a platitude to the LE profession, but according to you, everyone you or others you know is a lying thieving SOB out to stick it to upstanding citizens such as yourself. I am tired of the sinister innuendo and insincere accolades.

You, as a fabulist, spend more time arguing the supposed cases of others which leads me to believe you are an eternal busybody that interjects yourself into anything happening to any acquaintances or news accounts and then embellish them where needed; or you are a sociopathic person who enjoys fabrications and actually believes the stories you spin - continuously inventing new persons or variables when caught in inconsistencies. I don't have a degree in psychology, but I do have degrees and I do have over two decades experience with professional fabricators who lied for a living to promote their criminal careers - including the mentally ill who exhibit sociopathic tendencies.

You have repeatedly proven to have been telling falsehoods in this story and if no one else will do it directly - I will. You are a fabricating prevaricator and not a very good one at that.

You have been called out.

Bruce M
09-13-2011, 05:57
I am just going by what the written law says on kidnapping which is taking someone against their will and without lawful order. ...

First a warrant just might qualify as lawful order. Just maybe. Second, at least here there is at least one more element to kidnapping than taking someone against their will; here there also needs to be a ransom, use as a hostage, a crime facilitated, bodily harm, terror, interference with government, etc. I am not intimate with the laws in VA, but my initial guess is that elements for the capital crimes are probably a bit similar in many of the states.

I agree this has the potential to be an epic thread. I don't suppose that anyone who thinks the officer committed a kidnapping would be willing to wager that there will not be any criminal or civil liability ever attached to the officer?

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 07:37
First a warrant just might qualify as lawful order. Just maybe. Second, at least here there is at least one more element to kidnapping than taking someone against their will; here there also needs to be a ransom, use as a hostage, a crime facilitated, bodily harm, terror, interference with government, etc. I am not intimate with the laws in VA, but my initial guess is that elements for the capital crimes are probably a bit similar in many of the states.

I agree this has the potential to be an epic thread. I don't suppose that anyone who thinks the officer committed a kidnapping would be willing to wager that there will not be any criminal or civil liability ever attached to the officer?

I agree about the criminal part because these people were all White and in America White people really don't have as much power as minorities. If this had been cross racial I think he would have been fired right away. Civil liability is a different story but the government is really hard to get money from if you are non minority. It is a sad fact how our government works but they would rather spend a million dollars on lawyers than give a man three hundred grand. :shocked:

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 07:42
The lies continue, eh JB?

Ask anyone in the auto sales industry, law enforcement, the insurance industry, etc. about Carfax being a definitive source and they'll laugh their head off. How about you take my suggestion and bother to type carfax problems into any English language Internet search engine and read some of the horror stories.

I'll even synopize it for you - Carfax is NOT a definitive source for damages, auto accidents, criminal damages, acts of malicious mischief, insurance fraud, or anything else occurring to a motor vehicle. They do not solicit or receive all reports of traffic accidents/incidents or criminal reports involving motor vehicles. It costs $7.50 per copy of a single traffic accident at my former agency and that doesn't include the reports involving death, criminal acts, or significant traffic misdemeanors. Those reports are billed per page. Now, if you count every agency in my State of which there are several hundred, let alone all 49 other States, and throw in the number of traffic accidents/incidents and criminal acts that involve reportable damages to a motor vehicle; Carfax would soon be insolvent at the prices they would have to pay the records sections of police/sheriff and highway patrols nationwide versus what they charge for one person looking to buy or review a couple of vehicles and getting their reports.

The only person lying here is not an unnamed detective or police supervisor - it is you. You have a demonstrable history of posting over in CT about mysterious "incidents" which always happen to others and are always caused by a nefarious or incompetent cop. You always throw out a platitude to the LE profession, but according to you, everyone you or others you know is a lying thieving SOB out to stick it to upstanding citizens such as yourself. I am tired of the sinister innuendo and insincere accolades.

You, as a fabulist, spend more time arguing the supposed cases of others which leads me to believe you are an eternal busybody that interjects yourself into anything happening to any acquaintances or news accounts and then embellish them where needed; or you are a sociopathic person who enjoys fabrications and actually believes the stories you spin - continuously inventing new persons or variables when caught in inconsistencies. I don't have a degree in psychology, but I do have degrees and I do have over two decades experience with professional fabricators who lied for a living to promote their criminal careers - including the mentally ill who exhibit sociopathic tendencies.

You have repeatedly proven to have been telling falsehoods in this story and if no one else will do it directly - I will. You are a fabricating prevaricator and not a very good one at that.

You have been called out.

Carfax only shows when the car was registered etc and that is valid as to the date on this car involved. The point here is that the leo lied on an application for charges. He knew two of the four people involved and I don't understand your diatribe. The registration records from dmv show that the car was unregistered at the time of the incident. Do you actually think Carfax had any involvement with info? It did not but it was just another piece that showed that the car was unregistered. Are some errors harmless, yes. But if you consider placing someone in handcuffs and costing them money harmless I would say there is a perception problem. :whistling:

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 07:44
Why don't you just have the sergeant and detective come here and talk to us and cut out the middle man?

That would be interesting wouldn't it. :cool: I have seen leo argue points before and they don't always remain civil. :shocked:

lawman800
09-13-2011, 08:29
That would be interesting wouldn't it. I have seen leo argue points before and they don't always remain civil.

I take that as a no then... Which is just as well. I don't really speak "non-existent people-ese".:cool::whistling::rofl::tongueout::upeyes:

DaBigBR
09-13-2011, 09:25
I agree about the criminal part because these people were all White and in America White people really don't have as much power as minorities. If this had been cross racial I think he would have been fired right away. Civil liability is a different story but the government is really hard to get money from if you are non minority. It is a sad fact how our government works but they would rather spend a million dollars on lawyers than give a man three hundred grand. :shocked:

Thank you for ruining whatever credibility you may have had left.

Mayhem like Me
09-13-2011, 10:17

Maybe the Detective had to get home cause meathead was banging his daughter and Lionel was giving Edith some Black Panther propaganda...:rofl::rofl:

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 12:32
Thank you for ruining whatever credibility you may have had left.

I am talking about civil lawsuits. What I said is true. Just look at newspaper articles. The only place I have ever seen a White guy get money is in the South..but the Northeast etc is too liberal.

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 12:33
Maybe the Detective had to get home cause meathead was banging his daughter and Lionel was giving Edith some Black Panther propaganda...:rofl::rofl:

That is a good one.:rofl:

Mayhem like Me
09-13-2011, 12:49
Did this case involve Marcus Vick???

ray9898
09-13-2011, 12:52

LOL....awesome.

lawman800
09-13-2011, 12:59
Did the detective get suspended for beating up a burger jockey because her wouldn't give him a liter cola?

JuneyBooney
09-13-2011, 13:17
Did the detective get suspended for beating up a burger jockey because her wouldn't give him a liter cola?

:rofl:That would be about right.

Bruce M
09-13-2011, 16:56
I agree about the criminal part because these people were all White and in America White people really don't have as much power as minorities. If this had been cross racial I think he would have been fired right away. ... :shocked:

Not that the answer is not instrinsically obvious, but I am guessing that you have spent no real time in either an urban court or a jail or prison about anywhere here in the U.S. Even without actual statistics, a quick view strongly suggests that minorities are regularly represented in percentages far higher than their percentage of the population in criminal trials, pretrial incaceration, and post conviction incarceration. Not exactly what we might expect from the "powerful" class.

You have been asked multiple times before what department? Is the department civil service? Any idea of the departments rules for termination or the length of time that may take?

razdog76
09-13-2011, 20:18
...I agree this has the potential to be an epic thread...

JuneyBooney, when are you going to mention the part about the detective following the hot girlfriend for 7 miles?

I apologize if I already missed that redacted disclosure.:supergrin:

merlynusn
09-14-2011, 06:54
Carfax only shows when the car was registered etc and that is valid as to the date on this car involved. The point here is that the leo lied on an application for charges. He knew two of the four people involved and I don't understand your diatribe. The registration records from dmv show that the car was unregistered at the time of the incident. Do you actually think Carfax had any involvement with info? It did not but it was just another piece that showed that the car was unregistered. Are some errors harmless, yes. But if you consider placing someone in handcuffs and costing them money harmless I would say there is a perception problem. :whistling:

And what address did the license plate come back to? The current one or the old one?

JuneyBooney
09-15-2011, 20:30
And what address did the license plate come back to? The current one or the old one?

The license plate on the car was dead and did not come back at first. A hand search was required and it would have possibly displayed the old address but the dmv records on the dl showed a new address about 12 miles away.

razdog76
09-15-2011, 20:49
The license plate on the car was dead and did not come back at first. A hand search was required and it would have possibly displayed the old address but the dmv records on the dl showed a new address about 12 miles away.

So the detective had to do a hand job at the BMV?:supergrin:

Is it possible that the Detective simply looked to see if that tag number had a previous involvement with his department, or that the vehicle owner's license has a different address listed than the vehicle?

In Ohio, registrations are renewed annually, driver licenses every four years for example. Even if your state only had 10000 registered vehicles, the idea of a "hand search" at the BMV is improbable at best.

Dukeboy01
09-15-2011, 21:00
Wow. Once again I felt the urge to check this thread out and I see that it has totally gone full retard...

lawman800
09-16-2011, 01:46
Still many questions unanswered... Clue?

CJStudent
09-16-2011, 07:25
Wow. Once again I felt the urge to check this thread out and I see that it has totally gone full retard...

I thought it hit that several pages ago. :dunno:

JuneyBooney
09-16-2011, 09:21
So the detective had to do a hand job at the BMV?:supergrin:

Is it possible that the Detective simply looked to see if that tag number had a previous involvement with his department, or that the vehicle owner's license has a different address listed than the vehicle?

In Ohio, registrations are renewed annually, driver licenses every four years for example. Even if your state only had 10000 registered vehicles, the idea of a "hand search" at the BMV is improbable at best.

I don't think he did a darn thing after looking at the papers. The kid actually hates the detective with a passion and I understand it. Detective pops him when there was no incident, lies about it, fails to remove the warrant and neighbor gets picked up again and then a bench warrant is issued for three arrest in a short amount of time. Prime candidate for retard detective and pushing a person too hard.:shocked: If he actually did run the tag there would have been no info if not a hand search because the tag info was gone from the computer.

merlynusn
09-16-2011, 10:46
I don't think he did a darn thing after looking at the papers. The kid actually hates the detective with a passion and I understand it. Detective pops him when there was no incident, lies about it, fails to remove the warrant and neighbor gets picked up again and then a bench warrant is issued for three arrest in a short amount of time. Prime candidate for retard detective and pushing a person too hard.:shocked: If he actually did run the tag there would have been no info if not a hand search because the tag info was gone from the computer.

And the detective knew there was no incident how???? Was he there? No, I imagine he wasn't. So how would he know that? That's Strike 1.

You keep saying that the detective lied about it. Obviously he did not or else he would have been fired and charges drawn up. That's Strike 2.

Why would he remove a warrant that he believed to be valid? That's Strike 3.

Your neighbor had a bench warrant issued. That means that he did not go to court. So if he was totally and completely innocent and this all went away, why wouldn't he show up to court?? That's Strike 4.

Seems you have 4 strikes against you. That's pretty bad considering it only takes 3 before you're out.

DaBigBR
09-16-2011, 11:09
I think the time has come:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/DaBigBR/Forums/huge_rolleyes.gif

Cochese
09-16-2011, 11:31
http://www.nuk3.com/gallery/images/comedy/full/262.gif

Cochese
09-16-2011, 11:31
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/leedogg/Emoticons/mega-rolleyes.jpg

Cochese
09-16-2011, 11:32
http://www.ilechoo.com/gallery/albums/gifs/AlgoreRolleyes.gif

4949shooter
09-16-2011, 12:03
Lol..

Bruce M
09-16-2011, 13:04
This thread has more views than the swear sticky. Anyone have any idea what the official post and view counts are for epic status?

JuneyBooney
09-16-2011, 13:27
http://www.ilechoo.com/gallery/albums/gifs/AlgoreRolleyes.gif

Now that is good. :rofl:

JuneyBooney
09-16-2011, 13:29
This thread has more views than the swear sticky. Anyone have any idea what the official post and view counts are for epic status?

I think that a lot of people even leo cannot figure out how someone can mess up a 28-29 when it its the most basic and fundamental law enforcement tool. Si this creates interest.

Maybe the people just like my avatar.:supergrin: I have no idea in all honesty. Maybe lots of people just don't see it and then see it and post? There are some actual good posts in the responses.

Mayhem like Me
09-16-2011, 13:40
I think that a lot of people even leo cannot figure out how someone can mess up a 28-29 when it its the most basic and fundamental law enforcement tool. Si this creates interest.

thats just it, nothing has shown this to be the case!

JuneyBooney
09-16-2011, 13:56
Not that the answer is not instrinsically obvious, but I am guessing that you have spent no real time in either an urban court or a jail or prison about anywhere here in the U.S. Even without actual statistics, a quick view strongly suggests that minorities are regularly represented in percentages far higher than their percentage of the population in criminal trials, pretrial incaceration, and post conviction incarceration. Not exactly what we might expect from the "powerful" class.

You have been asked multiple times before what department? Is the department civil service? Any idea of the departments rules for termination or the length of time that may take?

I see minorities committing lots of crimes at the street level. What I see on the civil side is that minorities do seem to get paid quicker than White folks. Just an observation from hundreds of hours around the courts.

JuneyBooney
09-16-2011, 14:03
And the detective knew there was no incident how???? Was he there? No, I imagine he wasn't. So how would he know that? That's Strike 1.

Because only an idiot would think that you could rip a necklace off a 500lb man with a beard down to his navel and hair down to his butt. Aren't necklaces worn on the neck?

You keep saying that the detective lied about it. Obviously he did not or else he would have been fired and charges drawn up. That's Strike 2.

Not true. Police are rarely fired unless they are on youtube. :rofl:

Why would he remove a warrant that he believed to be valid? That's Strike 3.

Because after a warrant is served it is supposed to be removed from being active so the person does not get arrested again on the same charge.

Your neighbor had a bench warrant issued. That means that he did not go to court. So if he was totally and completely innocent and this all went away, why wouldn't he show up to court?? That's Strike 4.

Right, he had a bench warrant for not showing up in court and he was never notified of the court date and his attorney was not notified either.

Seems you have 4 strikes against you. That's pretty bad considering it only takes 3 before you're out.

Please read the responses and then think about it.

Dukeboy01
09-16-2011, 18:03
I thought it hit that several pages ago. :dunno:

The "reverse dicrimination race card" stuff did it for me.