S&W M&P9 Pro Series often FTF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P9 Pro Series often FTF

svetlio
09-05-2011, 06:33
I have a 1-year old S&W M&P9 Pro Series (bought brand new) and have shot over 5000 rounds through it. What happens very often is that I have FTFire and the primers sometimes have a dent and sometimes not at all. It happens once or twice every 100 rounds and that with various types of ammo. Went to a gunsmith here and he, after inspecting the gun, said that the firing pin looks a bit shorter (or at least is not protruding enough). He advised me to send it back to S&W and ask them to fix it.

I am wondering... - if this is the problem, how come it doesn't fail to fire all the time, but just sometimes.

Any of you had any similar experience or can advise me in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

SG

cciman
09-05-2011, 20:06
Send it back to S&W, with the same description of your problem.

They have a very good CS reputation.

Wash-ar15
09-05-2011, 22:52
if your gun is one year old, you should have the new silver striker. the old ones were black. light strikes and breakage were a problem with the black ones.

First thing I would do it throughly clean the striker channel. do not lube the channel. its designed to run dry.

I see you are in Czech. do they have a distributer there that can service it? if they don't, I would email or call SW for a new striker if cleaning it does not fix it.

svetlio
09-06-2011, 02:22
if your gun is one year old, you should have the new silver striker. the old ones were black. light strikes and breakage were a problem with the black ones.

First thing I would do it throughly clean the striker channel. do not lube the channel. its designed to run dry.

I see you are in Czech. do they have a distributer there that can service it? if they don't, I would email or call SW for a new striker if cleaning it does not fix it.

Yes, it has a silver striker. And yes - there is an authorized S&W dealer here. Thanks for the info about the black/silver strikers.

smitty704
09-07-2011, 21:23
Yea, no stress as long as you are with S&W. They will make it right if you are not satisfied. Wish I could say that about Glock....