Mountain House and similar at Walmart? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mountain House and similar at Walmart?

cowboy1964
09-05-2011, 22:04
I've seen several people say they've gotten MH at WM. Are these Super WMs or regular WMs? What aisle where they in?

Tom Kanik
09-05-2011, 22:55
The Mountain House pouches are in Wal-Mart's Sporting Goods department, along with camping supplies. The choices are limited and vary from store to store. We have the smallest sized of the super-centers near us, and there is usually chili-mac, beef stew, beef stroganoff, and eggs with bacon bits. Bigger stores in more populated areas will have a better selection.

Akita
09-06-2011, 20:34
2 regular Walmarts in my area(town <30k and nearby smaller town) carry a nice selection of single meals of MH. Gander Mtn also carries them about 20 mi away.

Bilbo Bagins
09-07-2011, 07:27
They are in the Sporting goods/hunting/camping section. I have bought a few thru walmart. Decent price, limited selection, but usually very fresh, as in the expiration date is usually 6+ years in the future.

Dicks Sporting Goods' MH is usually a little older and the selection is limited like Walmart.

REI, Cabelas, and Sports Authority usually has a better selection.

RichJ
09-07-2011, 07:40
I found chicken and mashed potatoes (very good btw) at my local WM a while back for $4.88. I got all they had which was about five and a few others like beef stew for the same price.

They are usually in the $7.99 range everywhere else and upwards of $10+ at places like Gander Mt.

Aceman
09-07-2011, 20:34
My SuperWalmart has a pretty good camping/fishing section. We have a few MH' there. They change from time to time.

Jake-Gallows
09-18-2011, 19:56
All the local wal-mart stores I have been to lately have stopped carrying Mountain House, and have replaced them with Coleman brand foods. I have not tried them, but the Coleman ones look small, and that they require too much work (mixing pancake batter then cooking, etc). However, the local Dicks Sporting Goods still carries Mountain House...so I go there and pick up one meal with each paycheck. Have a good supply already, but never too much

humanguerrilla
10-05-2011, 11:05
Local Walmarts are going to all Coleman Camping Meals that have a much shorter shelflifespan.