Fat Boy Update #2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fat Boy Update #2

obxemt
09-07-2011, 15:18
I know you guys have missed me, but I've been busy losing weight and getting divorced. :wavey:

I posted in March that I lost 70 pounds and wanted to lose 30 more. Well, not only did I lose that 30 pounds more, but I lost ANOTHER 30 beyond that (130 pounds total). My captain is getting tired of ordering me new uniforms. But he says as long as I'm getting smaller, they'll deal with it. :rofl:

Maybe I should post some before and after pics. 'Cuz I look god damned sexy right now. :tongueout:

Here's the stats, boys! (by the way, I'm 5-foot-11)

START:
360 pounds
52-inch waist
19.5-inch shirt

CURRENT:
230 pounds
38-inch waist
16.5-inch shirt

old_pigpen
09-07-2011, 15:30
Congrats!!

ryanm
09-07-2011, 15:34
Way to go. Whatever you have been doing is working!

msu_grad_121
09-07-2011, 15:52
Congrats! I seem to be finding the weight you're losing... Gonna have to do somethin about that.

Keep up the good work!

Kahr_Glockman
09-07-2011, 15:53
Congratz on the weight loss! Sorry about the divorce. Dont be a stranger.

obxemt
09-07-2011, 16:09
Sorry about the divorce.

Don't be. :whistling:

OLY-M4gery
09-07-2011, 16:10
I'm not 360, but I wear pants closer to your ending size, and shirts closer to your starting size.

Congratulations on your success.

CAcop
09-07-2011, 16:11
Good job. Keep it up. Or down, depends on how you want to look at it.

obxemt
09-07-2011, 16:12
I'm not 360, but I wear pants closer to your ending size, and shirts closer to your starting size.

Congratulations on your success.

Thanks man. You must be shaped like a (upside-down) triangle, and nothing but rock solid muscle! You're a machine!

Vigilant
09-07-2011, 16:13
My stats:

Several years ago:

6'4
240 pounds
38 inch waist

Currently:

330 pounds
44 inch waist

Congrats to you, amigo. I need to get my butt in gear and follow suit.

DaBigBR
09-07-2011, 16:21
Good for you, dude. I know that I've noticed your absence, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You're definitely making me feel guilty for slacking on the exercise lately.

Keep up the good work...remember, losing it is only half the battle.

obxemt
09-07-2011, 16:24
Don't I know it! It's been ups and downs all life long, but never this substantial a change. I had a medical problem (effed up endocrine tumor) that contributed to the weight gain. But my habits have been adjusted enough over the last 18 months that I hope to continue to fight the good fight and KEEP it off. :supergrin:

greenman19
09-07-2011, 16:34
i have been working at weight loss too. since feb last year i have lost 110 lbs down from 415. i have a way to go though. diet and excercise, there is no magic bullet.

how about you?

PuroMexicano
09-07-2011, 16:37
HOLY CRAP!!!

That is a remarkable goal attained!!!
Congrats!

I weigh 170lb soaking wet, LOL, but you'll envy my 32 inch waist :supergrin:

obxemt
GREENMAN19, same for me...I hardly eat at all anymore. Have to force myself. Tons of salad, veggies, fruits, grains, fish, lots of protein bars/meal replacement drinks, and gallons of water.

The elliptical has become a dear friend.

obxemt
HOLY CRAP!!!

That is a remarkable goal attained!!!
Congrats!

I weigh 170lb soaking wet, LOL, but you'll envy my 32 inch waist :supergrin:

Haha...I will NEVER be on par with you and lawman800, but I can dream. :cool:

ray9898
09-07-2011, 16:54
Wow. Losing weight is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Your results are amazing.

obxemt
09-07-2011, 17:01
Thanks, man. You guys were part of my inspiration and motivation to keep going!

pal2511
09-07-2011, 17:45
Good Job .

On another note I would like to lose some weight but its a pain in the ass just to get my boss to give me uniforms. WTf

packsaddle
09-07-2011, 17:59
:thumbsup:

NecoDude
09-07-2011, 20:42
I got divorced a while back and lost 220 lbs of ugly fat at the same time!! ...:rofl: Congrats, and thanks for the inspiration...

Hack
09-07-2011, 21:49
Good to hear on the weight loss. Sorry to hear about the divorce. Hope things work out for you.

rookie1
09-08-2011, 01:18
Nicely done.

G27Chief
09-08-2011, 02:22
Good for you, dude. I know that I've noticed your absence, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You're definitely making me feel guilty for slacking on the exercise lately.

Keep up the good work...remember, losing it is only half the battle.

Exactly what he said:wavey:

BULLRUNN
09-08-2011, 04:38
My friend lost 200 pounds in one year.. he divorced her in 12 months...

Kadetklapp
09-08-2011, 06:32
Glad to have you back, bro. I gave up on my regimen but I'm glad to see you stuck with it.

p.d.
09-08-2011, 07:51
Good deal, but still an unexcused absence. You can type between reps. :supergrin:

PROSOUTH
09-08-2011, 16:06
Don't I know it! It's been ups and downs all life long, but never this substantial a change.

Glad to hear from you, I sent you a PM recently when I realized you were MIA. Happy to hear you survived the divorce. Hope things work out with your new status of being single. Remember what my Gran Pa always said
" It's hard to beat a good woman, it jus' ain't hard to beat a bad one." I never really knew how to take that one, but I guess it works for me.

My divorce took three years and was a nightmare. I am now remarried and a happy camper with a lovely wife and a great family to go with her.

puckhead
09-08-2011, 21:07
Congrats bud! Is there another thread on this that I missed? What all have you done?

steveksux
09-08-2011, 21:18
I know you guys have missed me, but I've been busy losing weight and getting divorced. :wavey:

I posted in March that I lost 70 pounds and wanted to lose 30 more. Well, not only did I lose that 30 pounds more, but I lost ANOTHER 30 beyond that (130 pounds total). My captain is getting tired of ordering me new uniforms. But he says as long as I'm getting smaller, they'll deal with it. :rofl:Congratulations, that's great news!

Maybe I should post some before and after pics. 'Cuz I look god damned sexy right now. :tongueout:Go ahead, and don't worry, if anybody hits on you, just threaten to name names... :rofl:

Outstanding job, keep up the good work!!!
Randy

Mrs.Cicero
09-08-2011, 22:09
:needspics:

I've always wanted a reason to post that smiley...

Mrs.Cicero:wavey:

use2b6L32
09-09-2011, 00:44
Well done, brother!

SKSman57
09-09-2011, 06:31
Obxemt is also a sexy dude (no homo).

Mayhem like Me
09-09-2011, 07:58
AWESOME JOB...don't you feel better

redbaron007
09-09-2011, 08:20
Wow!! :wow:

CONGRATS!!! That is an achievement to be proud of!

In the last 18 mos I've gone from 240 to 200. Nothing compared to you. I don't know about you, but I definitely feel much better. I'm 6'2", 16.5 and 36-38 waist.

You're my hero!! :supergrin:

:wavey:

red

XDfense
09-09-2011, 10:25
Very impressive. I'm sure you're proud of your accomplishments.

G-man
09-09-2011, 22:01
My story....

I turned 40 in May and realized I am a fat sack of *****.

I was always a husky guy and in my 20's a solid bodybuilder at 5'9" I was 215 and 8% bodyfat, which is pretty big and ripped.

In June of this year 2 weeks after my B-day I started to get back in shape.

5'9" 289lbs (45" waist)

13 weeks later I am 254lbs and 39" waist. I feel great, I am starting to look great and the compliments do NOT hurt!

I am finding it is much easier to do my job and I am looking much fitter and professional in uniform.

My goal is to LOOK and feel better then when I was at my peak in my 20's

I am following a STRICT bodybuilding/cardio and diet. I allow myself 1 cheat day a week (Saturday) where I eat whatever I want, no supplements on that day, drinks, chicken, tuna etc...

When I started out, I started out slow making gradual changes to diet and training. I noticed I got stronger week to week and felt better.

I immediately stopped all fast food and junk. I began eating 6 small meals a day which included chicken, salads, lean beef, fish, protein drinks and supplements. (Cellucor is the BEST IMO...but NOT cheap.)

What I found out....

The first week sucks!!!

You are VERY sore, grumpy and hungry.

The body is an awesome machine, it has this way of adjusting like no other.

I noticed that muscles do have memory and they will be easier to rebuild if you had them in the past. I literally started to feel the muscles again.

As the 2nd week went on I felt better (not as sore) and now the diet really didn't bother me. I noticed from eating small meals every 2 1/2hrs I wasn't every really hungry. My blood sugar was stable and my energy was great from the protein I was taking with each meal.. approx (35-45grams each meal).

Guys, I was the laziest guy around when it came to working out and eating, I took the chance to change and try if I could do it and now I'm not gonna look back! It can be done with some planning and motivation for you to get it done.

I use a website called body building .com and it is a wealth of information and great pics of people like you and I to get motivated.

I'm telling you once you get started it is easy and you can make it a way of life.

I NEVER deny myself something if I want it. I just eat less of it and I work a little harder in the gym.

For obxemt, Kudos to you and congrats I know what you are feeling and it is GREAT.

For our profession it is more important then anyone to be in shape, it could cost us our lives fighting with a suspect or from medical problems...strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, etc.. The stress alone sometimes from this job can lower our life expectancy many years.

Oh, I also got rid of the wife last year...I am now enjoying getting that look back and hoping to start looking again. Oh, and thank god I still have all my hair..LOL

Good luck and stay safe!

G-man
1*

obxemt
09-14-2011, 18:13
Obxemt is also a sexy dude (no homo).

Hahahahaha!!! It must have taken every fiber of your being to be able to type that. :rofl:

obxemt
09-14-2011, 18:16
Exactly what he said:wavey:

Hey, welcome back to you too! Glad to see you here. :wavey:

obxemt
11-23-2011, 01:27
Congrats bud! Is there another thread on this that I missed? What all have you done?

Well, I've been slack here lately. I had a pituitary tumor that frigged up my endocrine system. Once that was fixed with medicine, I stopped eating (much), and did lots of cardio. I really need to start lifting weights though, because that'll burn fat like a champ.

I've plateaued at 230 since I posted this. Actually I'm fluctuating between 230 and 235. As long as I'm not gaining, I'm good with it.

However, that being said...NEW GOAL: Anything under 200 lbs., and maintaining it indefinitely.

They're just gonna have to order new uniforms again. Screw it. :elephant::cheerleader::elephant:

packsaddle
11-23-2011, 07:19
congratulations, sir.

Mayhem like Me
11-23-2011, 07:44
pics or it did'nt happen...:)

Happy thanksgiving..

m2hmghb
11-23-2011, 07:58
Congrats OBX! I found out I have low testosterone which is screwing with my energy and with the ability to gain muscle mass. I'm hoping once we start the treatment I will be able to get down below 200. Different situation since I'm on disability but still the same goal. Good luck man and keep up the good work!

I'M Glockamolie
11-23-2011, 08:09
Congrats on the weight loss and healthy living!

sargespd
11-23-2011, 12:37

If the elliptical had existed several hundred years ago, the Inquisition would have only taken a week. Seriously though, congratulations sir. I am inspired to start working out and eating right, knowing what you have done. I could stand to lose about 230lbs - oh wait, that would be the divorce part....

Landric
11-23-2011, 14:45
I think I found at least some of your weight. Glad to see you back. Sorry about the divorce, but then again, I have been there and *both* times I was much happier without her than with her. Give me a call sometime!

ETA: You joined GT eight months after I did and you have ten times my post count. WTF?

Cochese
11-23-2011, 16:12
Nice dude.

I weigh more than you now.

:rofl:

obxemt
11-24-2011, 00:46
I'll try and muster up the courage to post some photos! :rofl:

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but my testosterone was also absurdly low (in the 60s) and that was a huge problem caused directly by the pituitary tumor.

obxemt
11-24-2011, 00:50

If the elliptical had existed several hundred years ago, the Inquisition would have only taken a week. Seriously though, congratulations sir. I am inspired to start working out and eating right, knowing what you have done. I could stand to lose about 230lbs - oh wait, that would be the divorce part....

Ha! I hear ya. I love that thing now, but I understand your disgust. It was nearly impossible for me in the beginning.

I think I found at least some of your weight. Glad to see you back. Sorry about the divorce, but then again, I have been there and *both* times I was much happier without her than with her. Give me a call sometime!

ETA: You joined GT eight months after I did and you have ten times my post count. WTF?

Dude, I call and text you all the time and you choose not to respond.

Regarding the post count, I used to live here man. I loved this place. :supergrin:

m2hmghb
11-24-2011, 01:00
Ha! I hear ya. I love that thing now, but I understand your disgust. It was nearly impossible for me in the beginning.

Regarding the post count, I used to live here man. I loved this place. :supergrin:

Used to live here? Where'd ya move to? :tongueout:

Landric
11-24-2011, 06:49

Well, call or text me again. I'm not sure I have the right phone number for you. Shoot me a PM or something with your number if you would rather.

Hack
11-24-2011, 08:31
Good that things are working out again for you. The body has its issues, eh? I know it's that way for me. In my case being insulin dependent doesn't help with the weight loss.

series1811
11-24-2011, 15:48
Congratulations. Divorce may not be as cheap as Jenny Craig, but it is certainly as effective. (been there twice) :supergrin:

steveksux
11-24-2011, 21:27
Nice job, that's a hell of a lot of weight lost... are you sure you're not including the wife in the pounds lost???? :whistling::supergrin:

Randy

CanIhaveGasCash
11-25-2011, 03:05
Congrats on a huge accomplishment.

You should definitely start hitting the weights. You might not drop weight, but it will definitely cut fat.

Best of luck reaching your goal.

Pinki
11-25-2011, 20:05
:cheerleader: Congrats OBX!