What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SolidBrass
09-07-2011, 21:57
Okay, this is taken from other forum topics. But I like to read them daily. Make a mod or do some shooting but don't want to post a whole thread? This is the place!:cool:

Myself, Glock 21 arrived today. *still a little burnt it's not gen 4*

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attachments/f9/276460d1315449717-what-did-you-do-your-tj-today-0907112035.jpg

HotRoderX
09-07-2011, 22:14
Will I contacted Glock about the RSA recall and am having them send me out the newest RSA.

Tim151515
09-07-2011, 22:25
a lot of fondling and dry firing LoL

21Carrier
09-07-2011, 22:39
I repositioned the trigger pad on the trigger bar of my G21SF in an effort to lighten and change the trigger pull. My first effort was not perfect, so I had to order some more trigger bars. I will get it right. BTW, once I get the modification right, it will be one badass trigger. It is already about 3-3.5lbs with all the stock parts. The trigger also feels totally different. It's amazing. For more info, see my thread on it, or Mran's thread on it (I got the idea from his thread, but made my own to detail my work). More to come soon!

My thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368021

Mran's thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17886286&posted=1#post17886286

Glock40man
09-07-2011, 22:54
Will I contacted Glock about the RSA recall and am having them send me out the newest RSA.

Good luck, with the new RSA.

sigchaser723
09-07-2011, 22:55
Carried my 23 since it will be leaving friday to have some work done.

Tim151515
09-07-2011, 22:59
I repositioned the trigger pad on the trigger bar of my G21SF in an effort to lighten and change the trigger pull. My first effort was not perfect, so I had to order some more trigger bars. I will get it right. BTW, once I get the modification right, it will be one badass trigger. It is already about 3-3.5lbs with all the stock parts. The trigger also feels totally different. It's amazing. For more info, see my thread on it, or Mran's thread on it (I got the idea from his thread, but made my own to detail my work). More to come soon!

My thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368021

Mran's thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17886286&posted=1#post17886286

So, not to sound like a stalker but I know that you are a .45 and 10 owner..how do they compare as far as range use goes? By this I mean smootheness of recoil, accuracy etc..

BIGBOY61
09-07-2011, 23:08
Checked the tracking number on my G20sf. Should be getting it tomorrow.

Checked tracking numbers for all of my reloading tools. Tomorrow.

Spoke with my G26 today. Told her that I am bringing a brother home tomorrow.

Whoooo Hoooo!:rock:

Tim151515
09-07-2011, 23:11

Conrats on the g20. I love the "big boy" glocks. I know 10mm is in a different leage than the 45acp(g21sf) but I just love the way the ergos are. Then again, I think the 92 series is the most ergonomic pistol on the market, and most people thing they are huge.

Big Shrek
09-07-2011, 23:12
Showed my wifey the Aquitas/Veritas doodad I got for the rear plate I installed on my 20SF just before my birthday.

:D

Snaps
09-07-2011, 23:22
I moved it out of the way to grab my GSG 22 and another 1911 to hit the range lol..

EDIT: Other one was on my hip while I was at the range shooting

HotRoderX
09-07-2011, 23:27
Good luck, with the new RSA.

I am really hoping they got the bugs worked out of it this time. I think they would they have a RSA call center so :dunno:. I tell ya kinda excited Glock is finally manning up about this entire thing.

MM OneSix
09-07-2011, 23:51
After reading a bit on here about how the slide locking bar(?) can relate to accuracy, I decided to take mine out and look at it - never done it before. My G19 is very accurate anyway, and the marks on the bar were symmetrical as others said they should be. No sweat for me if not, but nice to confirm.

Figured while I was doing that I would just take it all apart, if only for a detail strip refresher, and gave it a good scrub down throughout all the cavities. Clean as a whistle now, at least on the receiver.

Fun 15 minutes while watching a little Goldfinger. Ohhhh, and I called Galco to have a replacement tension unit for my holster sent out - for free!

21Carrier
09-07-2011, 23:52
So, not to sound like a stalker but I know that you are a .45 and 10 owner..how do they compare as far as range use goes? By this I mean smootheness of recoil, accuracy etc..

They are both great guns. The .45ACP (with my G21SF) is just like a mellow pop, while the 10mm (in my G29, and my friend's G29SF and G20SF) is more of a mellow kick, if that makes sense. They are both pretty smooth recoiling, but the 10mm has a good bit more push (with full-power loads). I think snap or flip is about the same. With the G29/G29SF, you get a good bit more recoil and flip, but it's still VERY controllable. The G20SF, on the other hand, is such a big *****cat. You definitely know you're shooting something with lots of power, but the full grip and the added mass make it much smoother. Recoil with the G20SF is not much more than .45ACP+P in the G21SF, even with the hot stuff. A lot depends on the powder, too. Some powders tend to be a bit snappier, but I would never really call 10mm recoil snappy.

It's amazing how much the G20SF tames the recoil. After buying a G29SF to complement his G20SF, my friend said he wanted to put up the G20SF for a while to shoot the G29SF. He said it was because the G20SF really tames the recoil so much. With the G29s, you really know you're shooting something with some power. Another aspect that doesn't get mentioned is the noise. The 10mm guns are so much louder. And they have a deep, cannon-like report. It's a really unique experience with an automatic, and that's what makes them so fun. You will never leave the range with sore hands after shooting 10mm. I usually shoot at least 300 rounds, and almost all are always full-power. It won't numb your hand or anything.

The accuracy of 10mm is exceptional, especially at long range. We were at the range the other day, and we started shooting at a 12oz. water bottle out on the berm at 125 yards, just for fun. We never dreamed we would hit it. It was amazing. At that range, we were aiming right at it. We didn't even have to hold high with the sights. All of our shots were within about 12" of the bottle, and my friend hit it once. I never got lucky (we were low on ammo, and wasted the last of it on this). But I would be confident that I could hit a man-sized target at that range 8 out of 10 times, and I don't think I'm that great of a shot. There was no appreciable bullet drop, and this was all with a 3.78" barrel and factory polymer sights. While I didn't shoot the G21SF on that trip, I've shot at a 1"x2" railroad sign at 130 yards before, and had to hold the front post about 70% above the rear just to get close. Bullet drop was noticeably greater. Shots out to 75 yards on a milk-jug sized target are not very hard with 10mm.

The last thing I'll say about 10mm is that its versatility is amazing. You can buy standard 10mm range ammo that will have less felt recoil than .40S&W, but still more power, due to the slide mass. With my reloads, I shoot anything from 180gr bullets at 850fps to 1300fps. A range of 450fps with that bullet weight is awesome. Sorry for the long response.

You are about to be in heaven! A G20SF and G26 is one hell of a combination. Those are two of Glock's finest, in my opinion.

Conrats on the g20. I love the "big boy" glocks. I know 10mm is in a different leage than the 45acp(g21sf) but I just love the way the ergos are. Then again, I think the 92 series is the most ergonomic pistol on the market, and most people thing they are huge.

If you like the ergonomics of the G21SF, then the G20SF will be identical (since the frame IS identical). If you are on the fence about it, you really need to find someone with a G20SF that you can shoot. But if you like the G21SF, I don't think you would regret just buying the G20SF without a test-drive. If you live in AL, I could let you fire the G29, and my buddy would surely let you shoot his G20SF and G29SF.

OK, sorry I hijacked the thread for a minute, back to the OP's question.

dykesc
09-07-2011, 23:54
Shot 75 rounds with my Gen 4 G19 from 7yds. A little better groups today but a long way from satisfied with my shooting. Did a little better than my son who was shooting an S&W 1911PD though. :supergrin:

Chowser
09-08-2011, 06:55
Looked at it sitting in its holster.
Meh, It's a bit cold out, I'll wear the HK today.
When it gets warmer, I'll put the Glock back on. Everyday I work, I carry a Glock 31. I'll give the HK some love today.

Genin
09-08-2011, 07:14
Will carry my G19 w/TRL-1 in my Dale Fricke holster while going to look at the flood situation and making sure people in the community are doing okay.

Texcowboy
09-08-2011, 08:00
On Fridays I rotate my CCW, the G36 goes on board today.

chadillac
09-08-2011, 08:06
I made a holster for it out of kydex and I have a SS guide rod coming for it.

Brucev
09-08-2011, 08:43
What did you to with/to your Glock today? Picked it (G-22RTF [FishGills]) up off the bedside table and put it in my shooting bag. Later today I will have it in the car while I am out visiting church members. Then, about 3 p.m., I will take it and my Ruger Mk. II and do a little informal target shooting. Tonight... I'll clean them both. The Ruger will go back in the drawer. The Glock will go back on the bedside table. Cheers!

emore
09-08-2011, 09:34
I shot a match last night. Does that count?

GlockinNJ
09-08-2011, 09:52
I got a big delivery from Palmetto, including some Winchester PDX1 hollow points for HD. So, I took Black Beauty out of the safe, dry fired it a few times and loaded up a couple mags with the PDX1's and put it back in the safe.

On Saturday, we are going to shoot at the Pocono Pistol range for the Wounded Warrior Benefit. I got lots of FMJ for that.

HKLovingIT
09-08-2011, 10:37
I put a 12 round factory magazine (haters) loaded with 124 gr +p gold dot in it. I chambered a round. (haters) I then placed it into a Galco Fletch and secured the thumb break. (haters) I put on my raincoat, left the house and went about my business. Sensational but true. :crying:

kalifornia
09-08-2011, 10:51
nothing

papaac
09-08-2011, 14:05
Did a plumbing job from Hell today, but I took my G21, G19 and G26 to the range yesterday. I put 50 through the new 26, 30 through the G19 and around 50 through the G21.

hddave
09-08-2011, 14:14
Called the RSA hotline, I was 17 in line! Was on hold for 15 mins. Ordered new RSA's for my 25th anniv. G17gen4 and my G19gen4. They said it would take 2-4 weeks for them to arrive.

Mudshark100
09-08-2011, 16:12
Picked it up off of the night stand this morning and tucked it in my belt. That's where it is now. Feel naked without it.

SolidBrass
09-08-2011, 17:03
Looked at a maze of lasers online. I've no clue what a good choice would be. :dunno:Except that I think I want it mounted below the barrel. If you have a good recomendation for a Glock 21 I'm all ears. (No I don't need top end stuff, just a nice solid value)

BTW I love reading that clock can have 33round clips. We all know this isn't true... as seen below FPSRussian style. (thanks Kyle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsgHbXubGU

CELT
09-08-2011, 17:04
Installed new Heinie sights on my 3Gen 23 and 21SF and hit the range.

23 spot on, 21SF I was jerking the trigger and going low and to the left. Corrected focused on the fundamentals and rounds were spot on. 50rds per pistol.

DWARREN123
09-08-2011, 17:10
Shot both my G22 and G20 today. They ran perfectly from the get go.

Boxerglocker
09-08-2011, 17:13
I pulled both G34 and G19 out of the safe to test a new 147g load out and get some chrono data.

Melissa5
09-08-2011, 18:18
Shot 50 rounds through my 30SF. I must have had a bad batch of reloads because it was being a PITA today...multiple failures to return to battery. Not a single problem with factory rounds though.

Installed a red fiber optic front sight on my Gen4 34 and shot 50 rounds through it. Perfect!

M&P15T
09-08-2011, 18:32
Nothing.

I don't do much to my GLOCKs, I prefer they run right.

SCmasterblaster
09-08-2011, 18:39
I wore it OC to the trap shoot at my gun club. No one commented on it. This is Vermont, where any non-felon can OC or CC a handgun with no permits required. BTW, I committed no crimes with my G17 during my outing.

J_P
09-08-2011, 18:58
Called the RSA hotline, I was 17 in line! Was on hold for 15 mins. Ordered new RSA's for my 25th anniv. G17gen4 and my G19gen4. They said it would take 2-4 weeks for them to arrive.

I did the same thing, and also was on hold for about 15 mins, they too told me it would take 2-4 weeks to arrive. Hope i get it sooner i want to break it in and see if i stop geting brass to the face.

michael e
09-08-2011, 19:00
I carried mine today. And told her I love her, does that count. I did promise to feed her and the siblings this saturday morning.

SolidBrass
09-08-2011, 19:13
I carried mine today. And told her I love her, does that count. I did promise to feed her and the siblings this saturday morning.

If you don't have as much time with your children as you want it is important that you tell them how much they are loved. So it counts, Good call.:rofl:

Cruiser1
09-08-2011, 20:13
After work put 200 more rounds thru the Gen 4 G27, not one failue or head ding. Also put 50 rounds thru the G35, that is one sweet piece.

G36_Me
09-08-2011, 21:28
G17 at the range, practicing for indoor GSSF match coming up.

Wolf Spyder
09-08-2011, 21:50
What did I do with / to my Glock today?

Well, The modified Glock 20 went onto my belt where it stayed, and I taped up my stock Glock 20 getting ready to chop the grip to accept Glock 29 mags. It was at that point that the wife had a ***** fit and threated life and limb if I so much as scratched the newer Glock... This expanded into a full blown argument...

To make a long story shorter... I may have a new Glock 29 very soon. I would rather buy her a Glock 26 and keep on track with copping the Glock 20 frame. However we will see.

FyreCalG17
09-08-2011, 21:54
I am really hoping they got the bugs worked out of it this time. I think they would they have a RSA call center so :dunno:. I tell ya kinda excited Glock is finally manning up about this entire thing.
Did they issue a recall? If so, I hope they install the latest spring while my pistol is in Smyrna

Tim151515
09-08-2011, 22:06
They are both great guns. The .45ACP (with my G21SF) is just like a mellow pop, while the 10mm (in my G29, and my friend's G29SF and G20SF) is more of a mellow kick, if that makes sense. They are both pretty smooth recoiling, but the 10mm has a good bit more push (with full-power loads). I think snap or flip is about the same. With the G29/G29SF, you get a good bit more recoil and flip, but it's still VERY controllable. The G20SF, on the other hand, is such a big *****cat. You definitely know you're shooting something with lots of power, but the full grip and the added mass make it much smoother. Recoil with the G20SF is not much more than .45ACP+P in the G21SF, even with the hot stuff. A lot depends on the powder, too. Some powders tend to be a bit snappier, but I would never really call 10mm recoil snappy.

It's amazing how much the G20SF tames the recoil. After buying a G29SF to complement his G20SF, my friend said he wanted to put up the G20SF for a while to shoot the G29SF. He said it was because the G20SF really tames the recoil so much. With the G29s, you really know you're shooting something with some power. Another aspect that doesn't get mentioned is the noise. The 10mm guns are so much louder. And they have a deep, cannon-like report. It's a really unique experience with an automatic, and that's what makes them so fun. You will never leave the range with sore hands after shooting 10mm. I usually shoot at least 300 rounds, and almost all are always full-power. It won't numb your hand or anything.

The accuracy of 10mm is exceptional, especially at long range. We were at the range the other day, and we started shooting at a 12oz. water bottle out on the berm at 125 yards, just for fun. We never dreamed we would hit it. It was amazing. At that range, we were aiming right at it. We didn't even have to hold high with the sights. All of our shots were within about 12" of the bottle, and my friend hit it once. I never got lucky (we were low on ammo, and wasted the last of it on this). But I would be confident that I could hit a man-sized target at that range 8 out of 10 times, and I don't think I'm that great of a shot. There was no appreciable bullet drop, and this was all with a 3.78" barrel and factory polymer sights. While I didn't shoot the G21SF on that trip, I've shot at a 1"x2" railroad sign at 130 yards before, and had to hold the front post about 70% above the rear just to get close. Bullet drop was noticeably greater. Shots out to 75 yards on a milk-jug sized target are not very hard with 10mm.

The last thing I'll say about 10mm is that its versatility is amazing. You can buy standard 10mm range ammo that will have less felt recoil than .40S&W, but still more power, due to the slide mass. With my reloads, I shoot anything from 180gr bullets at 850fps to 1300fps. A range of 450fps with that bullet weight is awesome. Sorry for the long response.

Wow, thanks for the very informative response. I am very intrigued about the 10mm, if I ever start reloading on the top of my list will be a pistol chambered in it(hell, thats almost a reason to reload from everything that I have heard!)

It is just, I am torn about the type of 10mm I would want. I don't think I would ever give up the .45(g21sf) for personal defense, as I am so accustomed to the recoil and have an extrememely high amount of confidence in it in the manner. But, I just think a 10mm would be fun to plink with, especially with versital nature of the round, its almost like having multiple calibers in one gun! Now, I really like the Colt Delta Elite, and I think having a 1911 for the range would be fantastic, just with the trigger pull that 1911's inherently have.

With the Glock though, I mean you literally have multiple calibers in one gun, not only do you have the 10mm, but you have the option of .357sig, .40sw, and 9x25mm. I dont see this something I will do in the very near future, as the are many other things I want to buy before I even consider going with the 10mm(.22 rifle, revolver(prolly .22 as well), and a cz or a baretta. But it is def. on my list. And on another note, the 10mm would double as a sidearm for the woods.

Oh, and one more thing. Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.

21Carrier
09-08-2011, 22:31
Oh, and one more thing. Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.

Since .40S&W is the same diameter as 10mm, just shorter, and the majority of the .357Sig case is the same also, you can use the G20 mags reliably. The rounds just sit deep in the magazine, but tons of people do the conversions, and I've never heard of a problem. The .40S&W or .357Sig mags might not work, since they are shorter, front to back. 9x25Dillon is the same thing, it works in the G20 mags since it's a necked down 10mm. You can also convert them to 9mm Luger with good success. A guy in the 10Ring (Leadslinger13) has a LWD 10-9 conversion barrel for his G20. He just uses the G20 mags, and has 100% reliability. That's crazy.

To address the OP, tonight, I am loading some .45ACP and 10mm for the range tomorrow. I'm loading up some 230gr JHPs at about 900fps for the G21SF (200 rounds), and a bunch of stuff for the 10mm G29. I've got some 135gr Nosler JHPs at just under 1600fps, some 155gr Gold Dots at 1390fps, some 155gr XTPs at 1400fps, and some 200gr XTPs at about 1200fps. I might also make some 155gr XTPs at 1100fps or so for some light rounds.

Wolf Spyder
09-08-2011, 22:39
Wow, thanks for the very informative response. I am very intrigued about the 10mm...

It is just, I am torn about the type of 10mm I would want. I don't think I would ever give up the .45(g21sf) for personal defense, as I am so accustomed to the recoil and have an extrememely high amount of confidence in it in the manner.

I am very sure you would replace your Glock 21-SF with a Glock 20-SF if you ever purchased one. The 10mm is so much better than the .45 ACP, it would only be a matter of time.

With the Glock though, I mean you literally have multiple calibers in one gun, not only do you have the 10mm, but you have the option of .357sig, .40sw, and 9x25mm.

Oh, Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.

The reason the Caliber Coversions work is because the case heads are the same for all of those rounds. The 10mm, .40S&W, and the .357 SIG all use the standard Glock 20 magazines, because the cases are all the same diameter.

Tim151515
09-08-2011, 23:20
I am very sure you would replace your Glock 21-SF with a Glock 20-SF if you ever purchased one. The 10mm is so much better than the .45 ACP, it would only be a matter of time.

I doubt that, dont get me wrong, maybe it would replace it in application one day. But I could never get rid of my 21sf. After firearms for the past several years being nothing but an issues piece of government property, the 21sf was the first gun the I ever owned, and being that it is such a big hobby and passion of mine, it will always have a big part of my heart.

On top of that, dont get me wrong, I know the 10mm is supremely powerful, and in a quote of this one magazine I was just reading(cant remember the name) but they were doing an article on the 10mm round, and they said by def., it is essiantly a magnum round. But at the end of the day, it is still a pistol round, and while it is capable of producing near 800ft/lbs of energy, double that of the average .45, it is still a pistol rounds, and even most tactical rifles, many times trippling the energy of the 10mm, often take multiple shots to neutralize a threat. Therefore, the best self defence pistol, in my opinion, is the one that you can put multiple shots on target in the quickest amount of time.

Even if I dd become quit proficiant with the 10mm round, just beause of my history with the .45acp, I dont feel like I would be near as comfortable with it. And, seeing as the chances of defence are so low in the civilian world, what you makes you the most comfortable is the best option. Escpecially because, in the extreme offchance that something did happen where you had to defend yourself, your nerves would be almost as big of a threat as the threat, as you would have to make your shots count.

This is why I believe that the round that someone is most comfortable with and best with is the best option for defense. I mean, most of the defense stories that I have heard, especially as far as home intrusions go, were done with .22 rifles and revolvers. Its all about making your shots count. With that being said, if you are skilled and confident with the 10mm and can put multiple shots on target, well hell, lets just say it could be a bad day for somebody.

TangoFoxtrot
09-09-2011, 03:35
Q: What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today?

Nothing! Its a just a tool, not a toy.

glock2740
09-09-2011, 08:40
Carried my G19 to the range, shot several mags of 147gr Ranger T's, that I recently bought a case of, through it into a nice tight group. Reloaded, and put it back into my IWB holster and left, feeling pretty good about my new SD ammo. :cool:

misfit356tsw
09-09-2011, 09:10
Spent last weekend in Byers Colorado shooting silhouettes. So today I am going to clean my Glock with some CLP, put some Gun Butter on her and reload some more 9mm.

District18
09-09-2011, 09:56
Had to drop family off at the train station and drive through some rough neighborhoods this morning. My 31 got the nod today because of the greater risk I was in. Normally a nine is fine but not where I was going.

pizza_pablo
09-09-2011, 13:50
Said good bye to my 27, as I left the bedroom, this morning ,to go to work on a military base, unarmed, 30 minutes, each way :steamed:
I could hear it wimpering from inside it's night stand drawer safe :crying:

Simpleman71
09-09-2011, 14:31
G23-shot 100 rounds through it for some quick practice.

guns54
09-09-2011, 15:01
I carried mine today. And told her I love her, does that count. I did promise to feed her and the siblings this saturday morning. Did she say any thing back to you.

Radian
09-09-2011, 16:16
Shot a few hundred rounds of 9mm. G17G2 dropped a few rounds on my hat (the horror). G34G3 (dropped a few more on my hat) G26G4 no rounds on hat. No malfunctions of any kind.

Determined that the 124 grain reloads I bought have the same recoil as UMC 115 grain.

Shot 100 rounds of 45 through a Baer premier II. I malfunction due to a missized UMC round. Would not chamber. Wished my glock trigger broke like the 1911.

Still trying to determine if I want to carry the 1911, it is ungodly accurate and shoots well (way better than anything else I own) however I am not 100% confident in it yet. Its relatively new.

No complaints from me. Have to work the rest of the weekend so that is my shooting for the weekend (sucks).

LabTech
09-09-2011, 20:02
I left mine in the safe where they stay 99.9% of the time.

Alexd29
09-09-2011, 20:10
Put about 65 rds through my 34. finished 4 for 4 on a 1/3 size silouhette @ 60 yds.

fallenangelhim
09-09-2011, 20:16
I carried it with me, then slept with it under my pillow, then woke up and played with it again.

Nu19owner
09-09-2011, 20:32
Went to the range today with my 26 - it's new so it was dying for a work out. Met a club member at the range seemed like we talked more guns than shooting. Put 350 rds down the tube so it was a good day - no problems with the gun . Purchased last Saturday almost at a 1000 rounds fired now. Glock Perfection so far.

Caimen1
09-09-2011, 20:34
Used my best choke-hold to pin my G26 slide to the edge of a bench while my buddy used a cut-off section of broom handle and hammer to beat the snot out of my AmeriGlo rear sight to knock it into alignment.
Then I sent 230 rounds through her.
Result?...It's all good.

denn1911
09-09-2011, 22:51
I dry fired my G17 for about twenty minutes.

arushus
09-10-2011, 00:27
I got my glock 20sf off today, she's smokin a cig now...it was as good for me as it was for her.

4949shooter
09-10-2011, 05:22
Read Glocktalk and pondered my next purchase. ;)

Bodyarmorguy
09-10-2011, 05:32
Nothing, it was a 1911 day:whistling:

District18
09-10-2011, 11:52
Took to newbies to the range and trained them on my 17 & 26. They'll be getting cleaned after my nap. :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

TH3180
09-10-2011, 11:56
After breakfest I did holster draws for 1/2 hour. Then I worked on dry firing for 1/2. After lunch I will work on mag reloads for a bit. Tonight I plan on doing some reloading for the steel shoot next weekend. If I have time when I am done with that I will do some more dry firing. Hopefully my magwell will come in the mail today and I can put that on.

SCmasterblaster
09-10-2011, 12:03
I'm watching some college football on TV on this sunny Saturday here in east-central VT. My G17 is here with its 16 rounds of WW +p+ 115 gr JHPs. I feel quite safe.

21Carrier
09-10-2011, 12:24
I went to the range yesterday. I went through 200 rounds of 10mm (G29), and 150 rounds of .45ACP. I usually shoot more 10mm, but I was out of bullets, since my MidwayUSA order hasn't come in yet. I'm waiting on it right now. I'm about to clean them.

C J
09-10-2011, 16:24
Chambered a round in my 23 this a.m. & took it to work then home. Sitting on the table next to me as I type this. I love this gun & this country!

ToXic U4ia
09-10-2011, 16:32
Detail striped the slides on my 19C and 23 and gave 'em a cleaning.

Carried the 19C to WalMart, and she's still on my side.

KarlThomas
09-10-2011, 16:33
Only thing I did with my glock 26 was sit it next to me on the couch while I watched plenty of football.

hdsteve69
09-10-2011, 16:36
Shot my g19 in an idpa event ,my first one ever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

HAMMERHEAD
09-10-2011, 16:38
Loaded 100 rounds of .40 with some 180 HAPs and some 165 plated for my G-29 conversion.

SCC
09-10-2011, 16:46
Carried it !!

SCmasterblaster
09-10-2011, 17:26
Only thing I did with my glock 26 was sit it next to me on the couch while I watched plenty of football.

Same here with my G17. TV all day here in Hartford, VT. :upeyes:

Lugi
09-10-2011, 17:41
Went over my 19 and 17 with clp.

NDCent
09-10-2011, 18:05
Shot a couple boxes of ammo this morning, ordered a smooth trigger and rubber Talon grip tape for my 27 this afternoon. I'm gettin' girly hands in my Golden years. :embarassed:

HAMMERHEAD
09-10-2011, 18:38
Just ordered the Glock sport/combat holster for my 29 from Midway, hope they send the right one this time.

fla2760
09-10-2011, 18:53
Carried my G27 around the house in a Galco Matrix rig.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2783&GunID=51

Kingarthurhk
09-10-2011, 19:14
Went out of town with my G26 concealed.

SolidBrass
09-10-2011, 21:06
Gun show next weekend. I need a holster and maybe laser for my G21. Wyoming has new conceled carry law for everybody, so my question is. Can I bring my glock in box with ammo in magazine into a show? With or without ammo? (I've never carried at a show so I genuinely don't know):whistling:

ty glocktalk

michael e
09-10-2011, 21:12
Carried the 29 today, took the 24 and 35 out for some fun. And ordered so mags for the 38 and 39. Next weekend will show the 9mms some love.

SolidBrass
09-10-2011, 23:15
Never forgeting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9z1oeTgpsQ

Chronos
09-11-2011, 00:37
Well, I broke down and ordered a LWD stainless steel guide rod. Probably not a big deal, but the durability argument did seem compelling enough for me to give one a try.

themiller
09-11-2011, 00:51
shot my 26 and my 29. the 26 is my favorite by far. The 22 a close 2nd, but I can draw, point, and shoot the 26 like an extension of my body.

NEOH212
09-11-2011, 01:06
I took my Gen 4 Glock 22 to the range and put another 400 rounds down range without a hitch! That is slightly over 2,800 rounds with out any malfunctions what so ever! I still like my Sigs but dam I really like this Glock!

Hats off to the Gen 4 .40's! :wavey:

21Carrier
09-11-2011, 04:02
Cleaned the G21SF and G29, installed new Heinie Straight Eight night sights on the G29, installed some sights on my new LWD G20LS long slide, and treated the long slide with Frog Lube. I also tried out a NY1 spring in the G29. No thanks. The trigger feels good with it, but it's just WAY too heavy. The reset is very positive, though.

FyreCalG17
09-11-2011, 13:58
What did I do with my Glock today? Not a darn thing! My Gen4 19 is on vacation in Smyrna, Ga.

Walk Soft
09-11-2011, 14:10
Cleaned both my G4 17 and G4 G26.Both had 400 rounds without cleaning.Going to the range tomorrow.I had ordered some extractors and extended slide locks.Should get at least one of them tomorrow.

Taubin
09-11-2011, 14:11
Took one more day off the wait to get mine (4 days now). Thursday can't come soon enough....

Vartarg
09-11-2011, 14:20
Shot my second IDPA match.....using my new Gen4 G17......

HAMMERHEAD
09-11-2011, 15:06
Now that it's tomorrow you have to change the title of the thread to 'What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Yesterday?
Today (tomorrow) I shot the heck out of my G-29 with .40 reloads in a conversion.

PolyGunSlinger
09-11-2011, 15:32
I bought them a new pillow on Friday(Galco Jackass rig,along with the gen 2 G17).
I took both G17's out today and fed them a healthy diet of about 250rds each. :rock:

#5xbr
09-11-2011, 17:38
holstered my g34 added a 33 rounder to a pouch-walked my 7 acre fence line. no zombies noted (but its early) all is well

ADK_40GLKr
09-11-2011, 18:02
Found holster after unpacking from range visit yesterday, took Glock 27 down from nearby shelf, racked one in the chamber, holstered gun, & put it back in quickly accessible location.

Walk Soft
09-12-2011, 07:15
I polished the extractors in my Gen 4 17 and Gen 4 26 last night.The rare brass to the head doesn't bother me but I read posts of this curing the issue.One thing I noticed after removing the finish on the extractors is how crappy they look.It's kind of hard to polish mold markings.Today is my only day off so I'm going to the range to try them out.

SCmasterblaster
09-12-2011, 09:19
I helped a 72-year-old lady stack a chord of firewood. It was good exercise for my arms and legs. I had a G17 CCW'd the entire time for the occasional rodent, two legged or four.

SolidBrass
09-12-2011, 16:58
Now that it's tomorrow you have to change the title of the thread to 'What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Yesterday?
Today (tomorrow) I shot the heck out of my G-29 with .40 reloads in a conversion.

No, you're not allowed to talk about what you did yesterday or tomorrow in this thread. Unless you really want to. :tongueout:

SolidBrass
09-12-2011, 22:40
Bought a couple 27 round .45acp magazines, cause why not have more...

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/27-round-45-acp-magazine-for-glock-21-p-1643.html

District18
09-12-2011, 23:22
Mailed my plain jane G19 slide & barrel out to CCR for CPII.
Carried my G27 nearly all day.

rickyc2
09-13-2011, 09:02
Polished the slide release on my G-19 today... Now it's all chrome looking . looks great...

SolidBrass
09-13-2011, 19:19
Little Help??

Gun show next weekend. I need a holster and maybe laser for my G21. Wyoming has new conceled carry law for everybody, so my question is. Can I bring my glock in box with ammo in magazine into a show? With or without ammo? What is common etiquette? (I've never carried at a show so I genuinely don't know):whistling:

TH3180
09-13-2011, 19:22
I went and shot it. I really like the new heavy magwell I put on it.

michael e
09-13-2011, 19:23
Ordered some more mags for 9mm and 45acp today. Carried the G22

Taubin
09-13-2011, 19:26
Little Help??

Gun show next weekend. I need a holster and maybe laser for my G21. Wyoming has new conceled carry law for everybody, so my question is. Can I bring my glock in box with ammo in magazine into a show? With or without ammo? What is common etiquette? (I've never carried at a show so I genuinely don't know):whistling:

You may want to email the people running the show. A few shows back in Michigan had no carry signs everywhere. Some places even frown on the dealers carrying at the shows.

michael e
09-13-2011, 19:30
The shows around here do not allow loaded mags, or loose ammo into show. They zip tie the guns so they can tell they are unloaded. This is Texas so your state may be diffrent.

S&WGlocker
09-13-2011, 19:34
Little Help??

UNLOADED NO AMMO AT ALL
They will zip tie the barrel so it wont function anyway, at least that my experience

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

SolidBrass
09-13-2011, 21:45
Great feedback! :thumbsup: Thanks. So she will get to go to the show minus the ammo. However in WY who knows, it's pretty gun freindly. I just want to be able to apply what I buy to her to know what's up before buying.

Sportshot79
09-13-2011, 22:22
Ordered new RSA for my G23. Dry fired some and packed it with me in hopes of finding range time. Never made it to the range. Maybe tomorrow.

skud_dusty
09-14-2011, 00:41
Ran 100 rounds of .45 and 200 rounds of .22 through it.

http://i.imgur.com/ueBLB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sWroN.jpg

I love my AA conversion!

Bob Hafler
09-14-2011, 04:59
Just bought a used LNIB G26 3rd Gen.and love the gun but that point on the front of the trigger guard had to go. So I rounded it off. Now it fits my shooting style better and also fits into many holsters I already own.:supergrin:

kshutt
09-14-2011, 05:15
What did I do with my Glock today? I put it (them) in the safe for awhile while I get more familiar with my HK45. Can you say well built and tack-driver? Whoa! :supergrin:

SolidBrass
09-14-2011, 20:11
I watched 100 glock video's before I bought one, yet I was still a bit confused when I tried to break her down the first time. So instead of the 10 min video's with lot of talk I made my own. Sorry I said "clip" (dang it) I think I said it because I was trying not to. Funny thing is on last ammo run the gun store owner said, "you need bullets?" I wasn't going to correct him. (watch it if you like, no making fun of me:crying:)

My youtube Video:

http://bit.ly/qOl5rt
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4G5sQjR7ho)

HAMMERHEAD
09-14-2011, 20:28
Ran 100 rounds of .45 and 200 rounds of .22 through it.

http://i.imgur.com/ueBLB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sWroN.jpg

I love my AA conversion!
Love those 2nd gen guns!
Tried to find a 2nd gen 29, ended up with a gen 2.5, close enough.
Gotta get me one of those AA conversions for even more trigger time.

Stover918
09-14-2011, 20:42
I carry my 20c everywhere. I know I will stop whatever comes at me. The compensation keeps the front down. The gun moves almost straight back. If anyone gets a chance to shoot one. Pull the trigger. Take care all.

SGT45
09-14-2011, 20:50
What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today?

Looked at and Fondled my G38 with TruGlo TFO's.:supergrin::cool:

Taubin
09-15-2011, 19:31
I picked up my G19 from the gun store. Then I went to the range and shot 200 rounds through it. I love it!

SolidBrass
09-15-2011, 21:07
Digging skud_dusty (http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=79511)'s holster pictured above. I can't deside between the Raven or the Crossbread. Hmm.

Nice buy Taubin (http://glocktalk.com/forums/member.php?u=180298) can't go wrong with a 19 as first gun. :rock:

Almost forgot. My 27 capacity mags for the G21 arived. Big hole in box, but both were inside. I need more ammo!!

jeffreybehr
09-16-2011, 18:55
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369911

SCmasterblaster
09-16-2011, 19:14
I went grocery shopping OC in NH this afternoon. No odd stares or challenges. I sometimes think that most people assume that a guy OCing is an off-duty LEO . . . . . .

jeffreybehr
09-16-2011, 20:14
Ordered a StomLake 5.2" barrel for my newish 357SIG 31Gen4.

Also installed in the 31G4 a 3.5-pound trigger connector stolen from the 37 not yet retrieved by its buyer.

michael e
09-16-2011, 20:18
Got Mags in for the G17 G21 G38 G39 and 2 33rounders.

SCmasterblaster
09-16-2011, 20:22
Got Mags in for the G17 G21 G38 G39 and 2 33rounders.

I think that you have a happy gathering of Glocks there! :cool:

Fordtough25
09-16-2011, 20:40
Ordered a few more mags for my G26/G19 and recieved some G17/G19 mags in the mail! Played with my G26 for a bit.

SickShot
09-16-2011, 20:44
Cleaned and wiped down my G19 4th gen with a silicone rag.

KCHORNS
09-16-2011, 20:46
Today I got my G19 out of the safe. I safety checked it and just looking. No dry fire tonight.

unclecharlie
09-16-2011, 20:48
I carried it.

Bluestreakfl
09-16-2011, 20:51
Used my 27 to demonstrate how to do a field strip, and showed off it's beautiful polished barrel to a guy I was selling a 26 to at work today. Same guy I sold a 17 to a week ago. I think he's been bitten by the bug.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

SCmasterblaster
09-16-2011, 21:16
I Open Carried mine in NH. G17.

michael e
09-16-2011, 21:22
I think that you have a happy gathering of Glocks there! :cool:
Yea , the only argument is over who gets to go to range tommorow. I used to take alot of diff calibers. But lately been trying to just take 2 calibers and 1 of those is always 22LR.

SCmasterblaster
09-16-2011, 21:24
Yea , the only argument is over who gets to go to range tommorow. I used to take alot of diff calibers. But lately been trying to just take 2 calibers and 1 of those is always 22LR.

Which state?

SolidBrass
09-16-2011, 21:54
Packed the new 27 round magazines (2x) and the 13 round stock's for 80 rounds of non-reload pleasure tomorrow. Very excited to get more than a couple shots down range ‘in a hurry’.

Also discovered online ammo rates not much better than the local pawn shop. $25 for 50 Magtech .45ACP FMC 230grain or Independence 230grain. (still the only place in town I've found to buy ammo) I think I'll video tape it for power comparison later. Still shopping for a personal defense round.

Giggity-Giggity
09-16-2011, 23:55
Took my G17G4 to work with me and shot it...I work at a shooting range. Had some left over ammo, around 15 rounds. 10 out 15 on the 10 ring. FUN!!!

Glockphobia
09-17-2011, 08:04
today, i put my g27 in the safe for the weekend,

only to take out the g20 for the weekend!:)

never enough
09-17-2011, 08:17
taking my g19 and g23 to the range to play for a while

Seraph1926
09-17-2011, 08:26
Polished the internals on my new G20. Long term plans are making it tactical length

Wake County Glockman
09-17-2011, 08:27
Haven't been to the range in a while so I really need to pull them all out (3) detail strip and ezzox them down.

jeffreybehr
09-17-2011, 16:48
Just returned from destroying a bunch of waterjugs with my 31Gen4 and practice loads that use the Montana Gold 124HPs at c. 1275FPS. Sure blows hell out of any-size plastic jug filled with water! And it's LOTS more fun!

carloglock19
09-17-2011, 18:12
Put it in my MTAC and left to pay bills, came home and took a picture of it with the TLR-1 I picked up last week. Now its sitting right next to me on an end table!

ONEOVER
09-17-2011, 18:16
Polished the barrel on my new to me, police marked 19. Never tried barrel polishing before, but some Mother's mag and aluminum polish and a dremel was all it took. Total time, about 25 min, I really like it and won't get any more smileys on the barrel now...:supergrin:

bilkay
09-17-2011, 18:27
Just sent about 500 flawless rounds through my new Gen3 G26 at our 2nd range visit.

Kingarthurhk
09-17-2011, 18:36
Blackhawk serpa CQC holster came in for my G20 SF.

SCmasterblaster
09-17-2011, 18:37
Today I helped a friend put away a chord of firewood! The G17 was in an OTWB holster, just as it is now here in VT.

HAMMERHEAD
09-17-2011, 19:05
Prepped brass, practiced 'slow is smooth is fast' draw with my G-29 from my new Glock sport/combat holster. Switching back to Heinie Straight Eights after a brief affair with Sevigny competition sights w/FO front.

DeltaPapa
09-17-2011, 19:05
Put in new RSA from Glock (0-4-3). Have not had a chance to try it yet. Received my Tucker First Strike holster. Carried it around the house to see if I am printing. Just received my CCW license and still a little paranoid about the printing thing. New guy syndrome I guess.:dunno:Dave

Pro 2A
09-17-2011, 19:38
Went to my first GSSF and got a score of 443

hdsteve69
09-17-2011, 19:45
Took my G19 to the range today practiced shooting from lower rest and practiced using trigger reset. Man you sure can get some rounds out quick doin the trigger control method. Put another 150 flawless rounds through it . I think I'm up to 800 flawless rounds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Twoglocks
09-17-2011, 19:48
I shot 50 rounds of 40S&W in my Glock 23 Gen4 . I got it for $399 at Cabelas the other day and 100 rounds in my Gen4 G19 at the range. I drove at my work around town carrying G23 concealed. Later I polished the trigger bar so is not dragging on the safety plunger improving stamp metal design of Glock's engineers.

My G23 did not have one hickup and all cases landed far right and back. It was like new gun with all the goodies for that price.
I pressed 200 cases of 40 cal for tomorows reloading

kamonjj
09-17-2011, 20:31
Put about 100 rounds through it at the range. Worked flawlessly like always.

SolidBrass
09-17-2011, 21:07
Realized I need to be pretty darn close to hit a beer can (everyshot). I need more practice.

AZnine
09-17-2011, 22:46
Trigger work today on my new Glock 21 Gen 4.
New LWD connector
6lb trigger spring
Polished all internals = sweet trigger

skud_dusty
09-18-2011, 15:58
Had a case failure with my AA kit. Still have 10 fingers and 2 eyeballs!

Kingarthurhk
09-18-2011, 17:42
CCL'd my G20SF successfully, and ordered 80 more rounds of 180 gr Federal hydrashock rounds. I prefer factor for SD, and the hot stuff for woods/hunting.

rbhale32
09-18-2011, 18:15
I shot down a WWII German war plane with my G19 by pointing at it and saying "Pow.":rock:

pmwglock19
09-18-2011, 18:18
Today I shot a 3 gun match with my g19. Did not shoot well, but that was the operator's fault. The gun performed outstanding as always.

jay-bird
09-18-2011, 19:24
I made my best ever group from 75 feet w/ G19.

Bubbiesdad
09-19-2011, 14:59
Picked up a spare 10 rd mag and four Scherer +1 extenders for my Glock 26. Shop couldn't find them until my range session was over so I didn't get a chance to test them.. Report should be available next weekend.

kamonjj
09-19-2011, 15:33
bought it! gen4 g26

Sportshot79
09-19-2011, 15:44
Only owned the gun for 1mo. It is my first handgun. I learned how to detail strip and reassemble my Gen4 G23. Not near as hard as I thought it would be. I am also waiting on 1000rds of FBI overrun .40cal ammo to arrive at my doorstep. :rollsmiley:

Walk Soft
09-19-2011, 16:44
http://http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z433/lexibilly/LWDextreactors001.jpg
I got my LWD extractors in today.I also ordered a LWD Lighweight Striker(for G17 G4),a G17 G4 trigger and bar(for my Gen 4 26) and a set of Warren/Sevigney competition sights with FO front(for G17 G4).I got a little carried away.

Twoglocks
09-19-2011, 17:22
I went shooting to the range second time with my new G23 Gen4 (100 rounds each) and G32 Gen3 I didn't shot for a while. I had 40 cal barrel for my 357 Sig and this barrel functioned better in g23 gen4. No hang-ups at all with anything. G32 is very accurate (it was hand loded plinking ammo) 180gr S&B is nice low recoil ammo.

Bubbiesdad
09-20-2011, 15:17
bought it! gen4 g26

Great gun. I put 450 rounds through mine in the first 42 hours I owned it. No troubles.

yukon2004
09-20-2011, 15:25
Carried my G36 to work. Showed it off to a couple of coworkers. A couple of other coworkers carry to work as well. We are probably the safest office in the building, lol.

SCmasterblaster
09-20-2011, 15:45
I just stayed in my little VT apartment today with my G17 . . . .

SCmasterblaster
09-20-2011, 15:45
Carried my G36 to work. Showed it off to a couple of coworkers. A couple of other coworkers carry to work as well. We are probably the safest office in the building, lol.

Open carry?

bushytail77
09-20-2011, 15:59
Carried them. G26 today...G30 yesterday.

Kingarthurhk
09-20-2011, 17:49
Kept the G20SF with me, and CCL'ed in the truck. Tomorrow, it will be the G26.

Satelliteman
09-20-2011, 18:56
A 6lb spring on my -26. Makes for a sweet trigger pull.

azbuckeye
09-20-2011, 19:02
Took it for a nice long walk and then a good cleaning. Tomorrow we're going to the range.

SolidBrass
09-22-2011, 19:03
Glock 20SF arrived today. I would like to shoot it now but pretty sure I would blow a hole in my home. (and the neighbors) besides the ammo was special order and not here 'till tomorrow (hope,hope) So I'll wait for the weekend!!

Take a look (even though my video work stinks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTqlvOaUs

And brand new bonus video simply showing what my 27round G21 magazine looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMVUe_BbfDw

Who has a sugestion for an entry level reloading press set up? (on the low dollar end with out buying junk)

SolidBrass
09-23-2011, 19:35
400 rounds of BVAC 10mm Auto JHP 180grn arrived.:yawn: Delivered for $189.60. I've seen worse JHP prices. Georgia Arms is out of all the JHP and FMJ +P due to availability issues. Lame...

SolidBrass
09-24-2011, 15:41
I shot the 10mm for the first time. First mag when well but the second had two fail to feeds. I'm using JHP from BRVA 180 grain. I'm not sure if it's an immo issue a magazine issue or barrel? ANY THOUGHTS? My mags have Scherer +2 extensions. 2 mags was all that I shot as I brought a lot more .45 ammo and had no failures with the G20.

Genin
09-24-2011, 15:44
I took my G19 to the range for my wife's first range session with her new M&P9. I was teaching her how to shoot with my GLock while she used her M&P. She did very well and is suprisingly accurate for being new to shooting.

Q56_Monster
09-24-2011, 16:17
I just wore it around the house felling like a BA:embarassed:

MessedUpMike
09-24-2011, 18:49
Finally got to put my new Lone Wolf 3.5# connector through the paces. Much happier with My G 17 than I was before hand. The grip is stll a little large for my 8 year old, but it's not stopping him from trying.

samuse
09-24-2011, 19:47
My 19 rode around in my waistband inside a Comp-Tac Infidel while I washed and waxed my truck, picked up a couple of steaks at HEB, went by the liquor store for a couple bottles of Scotch and two cigars.

Then it was still in the same place in the same holster while I drove home and smoked a cigar, got to the house, had a small drink of Scotch, went to the neighbors to check out some hummingbirds, finished my drink and fired up the grill.

All the while my Glock was riding IWB, I then grilled the steaks to med-rare, ate 'em, loosened up the Wilderness belt and am now sitting here typing on GT. Debating on what Scotch to drink next.

Pretty much a typical day in the life of my Glock 19.

Pretty awesome huh?

kamonjj
09-24-2011, 19:55
Great gun. I put 450 rounds through mine in the first 42 hours I owned it. No troubles.

Yea I put 300 through mine the day after I got it. Flawless except for a case failure, which wasn't the guns fault

rsxr22
09-24-2011, 20:16
Worked a gun show all day in the Akron area while wearing my 19 and my business partner had on his 23

Fordtough25
09-24-2011, 20:41
I took my G19 to the range for my wife's first range session with her new M&P9. I was teaching her how to shoot with my GLock while she used her M&P. She did very well and is suprisingly accurate for being new to shooting.

My girlfriend also has a M&P 9mm and she gets better every time we shoot. Fantastic!

Oh and I played with my G22 one more time before it gets swapped for my soon to be new to me G21. Ahhh I can't wait!

yrbender
09-24-2011, 20:54
Shot my g23 gen4 waiting for it to blow up. 200 rounds not a single problem

TACLOAD
09-24-2011, 21:31
Installed a MGSL on my 34 and ran 200 rounds through it.

tremor64
09-24-2011, 21:38
fondled while listening to the voices

DRAGON1970
09-24-2011, 21:42
Shot an IDPA match.

michael e
09-24-2011, 21:44
Carried the G20 today. 1st time have carried full size to actually go out and do stuff. Usually carry my G29, the G20 seemed to concel just as easy with a jersey on.

nastytrigger
09-24-2011, 21:57
Today's my 24hr shift at work. 16hrs down, 8hrs to go. G19 on my hip all day.

yukon2004
09-24-2011, 22:01
Got my 5.11 BBS holster pouch. Unloaded the G36 to play around with the gun and the new concealable holster.

bilkay
09-24-2011, 23:26
I put another 300 (nearly) flawless rounds through my month old Gen3 G26, took it home and detail stripped and cleaned it, then did the 25 cent trigger job and installed an extended slide stop. We'll see if I like the new slide stop better or decide to go back to the stock slide stop- I just wanted to see what the extended stop was like. Since it's my carry gun, I'm reluctant to lighten the trigger pull but I might try the Ghost Tactical at some point.

One interesting note from the range about the (nearly) flawless rounds- when I was shooting the Cheaper Than Dirt reloads, the last round ejected straight back in some of the magazines. New magazines. I had no problems with 115gr Lawman or the 124gr Golden Saber and Hydro Shok.

I also tried a Pearce 2-round grip extension today and didn't like it. Big time pinky pinch. I tried the Glock 2 round extensions and didn't like them either. I only got one extra round in both extensions, as has been mentioned many times here. I'll just use the stock 10 round and 15 round G19 mags in the future.

All in all, it was a great day.

canav844
09-25-2011, 00:20
Carried the G27 all day, and managed to find a LG-626 for it.

ChaneRZ
09-25-2011, 03:46
Cleaned and lubed

gatorboy
09-25-2011, 07:38
In the last five days my G4 23 has driven 950 miles, hiked 22 miles IWB, been through more than a handful of 'bad' neighborhoods and even been 195' underground in a cavern and 5,720 feet above sea level. It's sat nightstand duty every night of the last five. It will drive another 800 miles in the next three days and sit IWB everytime I exit the truck. Oh yeah, this is over an eight state area. You have to take your Glock out and socialize them or they get weird.

68DARKHORSE
09-25-2011, 18:58
Did 25cent trigger job and added LWD 3.5 connector.

GlockN
09-25-2011, 19:11
Carried it while my wife dragged me and my Glock 23 around to all the stores.

MCunningham
09-25-2011, 19:12
Carried it while my wife dragged me and my Glock 23 around to all the stores.

Ditto, but with a 19.

irvkuo53
09-25-2011, 20:31
Went to the range and put 75 rounds through my G21sf and 50 rounds through my G19 4th gen. Performed flawlessly as usual. Also got to shoot my ccw (kahr pm9) and my newest pistol - springfield xdm 5.25. That is a sweet shooter! Something about being at the range that really raises my spirits. Have an unexpected day off tomorrow and will go again...

ave8er
09-25-2011, 20:56
My G-35 and I shot the IDPA world championship match this week and took a clinic with Bob Vogel today. :-)

Ferdinandd
09-25-2011, 21:11
Shot my G34 at 25 yards, then 50 yards. That's a good exercize.

tchick
09-25-2011, 21:39
Went to the range today and shot my G19 for the first time since putting some Crimson Trace laser grips on it. Very impressed. The CT grips are giving my older eyes some relief.

TxGlock9
09-25-2011, 23:08
pistol competition in houston today. Came in 4th...

Hour13
09-25-2011, 23:33
You have to take your Glock out and socialize them or they get weird.
:rofl: :rofl: Ya, mine tends to sit in the corner rocking, and mumbling something about microchips & black helicopters...

Today me and the GF went to the range. She's getting familiar with the little Bersa Thunder, and I burned about 150 rounds through my G22. Got a new range bag today, spent some time organizing & arranging it.

Other than that, just enjoyed the reassuring weight of it on my hip as we did our running around.

SolidBrass
09-29-2011, 22:27
Dumped $200 more into ammo...

SolidBrass
09-30-2011, 22:43
I put both in my new GunVault MultiVault Deluxe."Gunvault GV2000C-DLX Multi Vault Deluxe Gun Safe" seem good. Yet to find a good mount, but nice sitting next to my bed. I'll grab either the G20 or G21 as both kill well at bedroom range.

I like this easy key pad locking vault a lot. Battery back up. Min 3 input unlock, max 6. Awesome part is that any of the (min) 3 entry codes can be 2 buttons at once. A short 3 punch entry with one or more "2 at the same time" punch codes makes cracking the code impossible.

awdxtc
09-30-2011, 22:48
I bought mine, a glock 20SF :)

SolidBrass
09-30-2011, 23:01
I bought mine, a glock 20SF :)

Yes! The best glock purchase available. Glad you avoided the G20c. :yourock: Good ammo advise PM me...

C0untZer0
09-30-2011, 23:57
Wiped it down.

Re-lubed it

Did my dry firing exercises.

Now I'm going to bed with it...

dogchild
10-01-2011, 00:20
I installed a clipdraw, and a sider trigger safty:popcorn: Love em both!!!!!

G19dude
10-01-2011, 01:31
Did a .25 cent job on my trigger bar, firing pin, connector, locking block, plunger, Feed ramp and do my daily dry fires. Re-check and make sure my magazine work right with a fews rounds extractings.

4949shooter
10-01-2011, 04:49
Rotated my mags yesterday.

Also gonna swap out my ammo after the armorers check my weapons at the upcoming Q.

silversport
10-01-2011, 06:43
received my GLOCK 17 back from One Source Tactical with the milled slide for a Trijicon RM07 adjustable LED red dot sight...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/silversport1/P1000192.jpg
Bill

jellis11
10-01-2011, 07:51
What did I do with my Baby Glock today? I'll show you our typical day...http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/elliswju11/Photo12.jpg
then we...http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/elliswju11/Photo52.jpg
Can't go too long without...http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/elliswju11/Photo45.jpg
Time for some Battlefield!http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/elliswju11/Photo60.jpg
After a long day of being important we sail away for another long day tomorrow...http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/elliswju11/Photo59.jpg

And that my friends, is what I did with my Glock today. :tongueout:

GlockinNJ
10-01-2011, 21:41
:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Great stuff Jellis.

Today I took my G22 to the range with my AA conversion kit and shot a BOATLOAD of RGB's through it. What a cheap, fun day! The kit ran great.

Swapped the factory slide back on, shot 50 rounds of BlazerBrass through it and had a FTFeed. After 3,000 rounds, I've had too many FTFeeds with five different brands of ammo in 180g FMJ but never had a failure when firing 165g FMJ. Anyone experience this?

SolidBrass
10-01-2011, 23:37
I shot another G20 and G21 video:::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjhitjG5TA8

yukon2004
10-03-2011, 19:08
Did a complete slide strip on both the 23 & 36 and cleaned.

kamonjj
10-03-2011, 19:19
Received my IWB holsters from shielded holsters and worked on adjusting them

never enough
10-03-2011, 19:36
Put 250 rds through my g23 today.All went bang with zero problems

xray678
10-03-2011, 20:09
Put a fiber optic front sight on one of my G22s.

SolidBrass
10-03-2011, 20:48
Rotated my mags yesterday.

Also gonna swap out my ammo after the armorers check my weapons at the upcoming Q.

Yes, I need a good amorer myself. :)Not part of the perks of my non-LE/Military job.

Depredador
10-04-2011, 05:20
I installed a butt-plug on my G17 :supergrin:

gdvan01
10-04-2011, 06:02
I installed a butt-plug on my G17 :supergrin:

So many directions to go with that...

:supergrin:

My G23 has already been plugged. Ordered a Lightning Strike guide rod w/20lb spring.

Depredador
10-04-2011, 06:06
I want to buy some 33 round mags, any advices?

nastytrigger
10-04-2011, 06:13
I want to buy some 33 round mags, any advices?

I'd stick to factory Glock 33rders. I have three from when they were cheap back in 2005. Mine rarely get out to play. I'll occasionally take one to the range to show off Glock's to gun friends who despise them.

SolidBrass
10-06-2011, 16:59
Ahh... at last some "hot" supper for the G20 and G21 arrived today... But not before the first snow fell.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attachments/f9/287247d1317931158-what-did-you-do-your-tj-today-firsttjsnow.jpg

Glockdude1
10-06-2011, 17:09
I pet my Glock today......

:cool:

michael e
10-06-2011, 17:13
Tried to carry 2 of them, after the dual welding thread. Don't work so well when both of your holsters are for the same side. Carried the 27, told them all I loved them and it's only a few days till they get to come out for some fun.

Arab Glock .40
10-06-2011, 17:17
Bought ammo

gbarber010
10-06-2011, 19:46
installed the extended slide catch on my new G27 Gen 4.

Twoglocks
10-06-2011, 19:55
I set Glock aside and played with my like new Kahr T9. I put more marks on the barrel hood than guy before me.
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/Arfcomuser/KahrT9b.jpg

G23G21
10-06-2011, 21:17
I took my G21 out of the safe and fondled it after making sure it wasn't stuffed. Did the same with my G23 and G27, too. :tongueout:

Army_of_One
10-07-2011, 05:16
I installed an extended slide stop/mag release and "-" connector on my new G23. It took less than 5 minutes and I was carrying it immediately after.

Bob Hafler
10-07-2011, 06:23
Put it on my hip this morning, carried it around all day. Took it off, put it on the nightstand when I went to bed. Good news is I never had the reason to touch it all day. Life is good. :cool:

voomie
10-07-2011, 17:51
Shot my g17 rtf2 for the first time.

SCmasterblaster
10-07-2011, 17:55
Put it on my hip this morning, carried it around all day. Took it off, put it on the nightstand when I went to bed. Good news is I never had the reason to touch it all day. Life is good. :cool:

That's the way it should be. You forget about it unless you need it, and THEN you know where and what it is. The only time that I have ever had to draw my G17 (against a dog), I knew where it was and what to do. :shocked:

Reboot
10-07-2011, 18:17
Last night I took a couple of guys who work for me out to the range and let them fire my G35, G21SF and a Kimber 1911. Today one of them (ex-Marine) was asking me for more info about Glocks and it looks like he's going to buy a Glock .40 (G22) since he enjoyed them so much. I think that was worth the effort.

Melissa5
10-07-2011, 18:29
I installed a minus connector in my 30/36 hybrid. Then I put my AA kit on my G34 and practiced shooting 6" plates. Next, I shot 9mm at the 6" plates. Last, I practiced shooting a paper target at 25 yards. It was a good range session.

Edited to add that I also reloaded some 9mm and .45. :)

SCmasterblaster
10-07-2011, 18:31
I installed a minus connector in my 30/36 hybrid. Then I put my AA kit on my G34 and practiced shooting 6" plates. Next, I shot 9mm at the 6" plates. Last, I practiced shooting a paper target at 25 yards. It was a good range session.

Good for you, sir. Enjoy your Glocks!

Melissa5
10-07-2011, 18:36
Good for you, sir. Enjoy your Glocks!

Negative on the sir, SCmasterblaster. I work for a living! LOL! Seriously, my name IS Melissa.

SCmasterblaster
10-07-2011, 18:37
Negative on the sir, SCmasterblaster. I work for a living! LOL! Seriously, my name IS Melissa.

So sorry, I should have looked. :embarassed:

Wawrz
10-07-2011, 18:38
nothing besides carrying it to and from the grocery store in my awesome desantis insider holster(pretty comfortable and good quality for 20$) for my glock 17:cool:

SCmasterblaster
10-07-2011, 18:40
nothing besides carrying it to and from the grocery store in my awesome desantis insider holster(pretty comfortable and good quality for 20$) for my glock 17:cool:

My only Glock, since 1989, has been a G17.

Wawrz
10-07-2011, 19:06
My only Glock, since 1989, has been a G17.

i used to have a glock 19 and then a 26 sold em both now I only have my 17... IMHO all three of them are about the same in terms of comfortability when carrying because they're all double stacked(I guess the 26 is a bit more comfy and easier to conceal) however I realized that if I'm going to carry I might as well carry the full size if there isn't much difference in terms of being comfortable. I'm 5'8'' 165 lbs and I have no problem concealing it well in summer and winter clothing.

bilkay
10-07-2011, 22:13
Put 300 more rounds through my month-old Gen3 G26. Tried 50 rounds each of the Speer 115gr LE Gold Dot and 124gr Federal LE Tactical HST I just purchased online. Both shot great but I was more accurate with the HST. Pretty sure I found my carry load.

By the way, I've got almost 1,500 nearly flawless rounds through this thing. The flaws? I had the last round in each of 2 new magazines bounce off my head a couple of weeks ago. The rounds were inexpensive reloads. No issues since.

The accuracy and reliability of this pistol is amazing to me.

K1tt3n5
10-07-2011, 22:19
I shot 300 rounds through my bone stock 3rd gen g19 and 150 through my p229. Doing the same tomorrow.

nood1es
10-07-2011, 23:50
Shot 150 rounds thru my brand new gen4 g19. First time gun owner, and first time gun shooter..did pretty good. Can't wait to go back to the range tmrw with a friend and get some more practice in.

TH237
10-07-2011, 23:52
I carried mine.

Walk Soft
10-10-2011, 10:16
On my way to the range with my Gen 4 17 and 26.I'll probably put some through my LC9 too since I haven't shot it in a while.I had recently polished my extractors(gen 4 26 and 17).I put 200 rounds through each and it fixed my EE problems(not really a problem for me) or at least improved.I didn't have a single ejected casing to the head anyway.I couldn't leave well enough alone and ordered Lone Wolf extractors.When I installed them the EE returned,so now I reinstalled the polished OEM and am going to put 150 rounds through each to see if I get any casings to the head.

SCmasterblaster
10-10-2011, 10:21
I am on my notebook computer here in Hartford. I just wrote a letter to the editor of my newspaper, the Valley News. I reminded the public of the mammoth DC vs. Heller decision by the US Supreme Court in June 2008. I am listening to Mark Davis filling in for Rush on the EIB Network. I have my 3rd gen G17 ready here, loaded with 115gr JHP 9x19 +p+ cartridges.

jjgi5150
10-10-2011, 11:06
Hi all,

Last night I put one of my extra TLR-1 lights on my 2008 vintage G-19...for basic night home protection duty. A few nights before, I had an unusual knock on the front door at about midnight...and realized I had all my light-rail guns at work or in the safe. I did have a Surefire flashlight nearby, and the knock was nothing bad, a neighbor kindly stopped by to tell me we left the garage door open! But it made me think again about the home safety issue, since most of my daily threats are work related.

Since I train with lights mounted on most all my duty weapons, I am more comfortable with weapon lights than with a hand-held flashlight. I usually carry the G-19 off duty on the weekends, without the light mounted. I like the capacity and the balance of the G-19, and our P9HST2 duty load is a great 9mm load. Since the only Glock I trust with a light mounted is my G-19, it got the call for night duty. On the weekends after dark and the evenings after work, I just slip on the light and feel pretty comfortable.

Take care,

JJ

Mr.Glock20
10-10-2011, 11:25
it was not today.. but last night i installed a 3.5 connector, extended slide and mag relase along with the plug in my G20. . .:wavey:

yukon2004
10-10-2011, 14:25
Nothing to the guns themselves, but ordered all new springs for all of my mags and a new recoil spring for the G23. :)

singham
10-11-2011, 17:00
Took the 26 in and got some night sights put on. Went with some Meprolights. She is happy, as am I :supergrin:

SCmasterblaster
10-11-2011, 17:02
Took the 26 in and got some night sights put on. Went with some Meprolights. She is happy, as am I :supergrin:

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

G19dude
10-11-2011, 17:07
Carried my G19 to the gun store.

FP2000H
10-11-2011, 17:33
I had night sights put on my new-to-me Gen2 G19 LE trade-in. Just bought this thing yesterday!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/FP2000H/IMG_0201.jpghttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/FP2000H/IMG_0202.jpg