Suck it, Bloomberg [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suck it, Bloomberg

PinkoCommie
09-08-2011, 14:45
See the "First Responders" section.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/08/almost-nobody-new-york-pleased-911-anniversary-plans/41453/

Oh, and I hope that when you, Mr. Bloomberg, or one of your loved ones ever call 911, the dispatcher kindly informs you that NYPD's and NYFD's schedule is full, so you can talk down down robbers or give yourself CPR or put out that fire, etc...

Suck it.

Sorry if a repost. I just read that and had to shake my head.

trifecta
09-08-2011, 15:18
I don't like Bloomberg and just about every decision on the memorial and rebuilding has resulted in controversy.

I was initially offended by the thought of not including the first responders. After thinking about it, it wouldn't have been more than a token inclusion anyway. I think FDNY has something like 25,000 members and NYPD 100K? Add in all the other fire/police agencies, the construction workers and whoever else responded to the site, and you just aren't going to have room for everyone.

Some of us choose to put on a uniform and go to work. We don't have writers and when we mess up bad we die or get fired. We are people who actually do things. There is no chance to have an assistant clarify something and no chance to quit in shame and become an analyst on CNN.

Some of us choose to be politicians and give speeches. They talk about doing things, but when they actually need to get something done, call someone-frequently someone in a uniform. I will keep the uniform.

In the crowd will be people. Not all of them will wear a uniform but they are people that experienced loss of a family member. Many people died that day, and they will be represented. Some of those family members will inevitably be police officers or firefighters.

Could it have been handled better? Could they not invite the last 20 politicians and add 20 fire/police? Sure, but it would have still been about style and not substance.

I still don't like Bloomberg.

msu_grad_121
09-08-2011, 16:30
Bloomberg is a dyed in the wool idiot, plain and simple. Space constraints or not, you figure a way to include the survivors, firefighters, medical personnel and police officers. Can you have a seperate, private memorial service just for the families of victims? Absolutely, but not there, not on 9/11.

This just shows how completely out of touch that mayor is with not only the residents and workers of his city, but reality. In what world would it be okay to exclude first responders from honoring their fellow firefighters, paramedics and officers on that day? Is their pain and suffering any less significant because they choose to save people for a living? Is the sacrifice of those first responders any less noble because they were on the clock when the towers came down?

This is the sort of thing that absolutely turns my stomach. If this is part of the process that those fist responders feel is necessary (and more importantly, right), who are any of us to bar them from grieving and honoring their comrades at the place they fell, on the 10 year anniversary of their ultimate sacrifice?

How dare you, Mr. Bloomberg? How dare you?

Sharkey
09-08-2011, 17:50
No offense to the folks of NYC but he is an Idiot and far from being a conservative Republican and the people who voted him in are the bigger morons.

You should have thrown him out when he wanted to over turn the term limits so he could run again.

RocPO
09-08-2011, 18:55
He who is commonly referred to as "Mayor Small Male Appendage" strikes again. I don't think he's had a foot in reality since he made his first million. And yet, the NYC public loved him. Luckily, he only has this last term.

ray9898
09-08-2011, 19:43
I am sure there was not room for all the LE/FD (60k+ just NYPD/ NYFD) folks but some sort of arrangement should have been made.

CAcop
09-08-2011, 19:52
After thinking about it, it wouldn't have been more than a token inclusion anyway. I think FDNY has something like 25,000 members and NYPD 100K?

10K FDNY and 34K NYPD

trifecta
09-08-2011, 21:57
10K FDNY and 34K NYPD

Thanks for the correct numbers. I was on the phone and didn't look it up. 2 very large agencies, in addition to the many others involved. It would take a football stadium to hold them.

msu_grad_121
09-08-2011, 22:17
I am sure there was not room for all the LE/FD (60k+ just NYPD/ NYFD) folks but some sort of arrangement should have been made.

This. Even with the revised numbers, and the fact that not everyone can or will go, Bloomberg should have found SOME way to accomidate those that are able to pay their respects.

OFCJIM40
09-09-2011, 01:01
Of course common sense escapes politicians. In about 3 seconds I devised a plan that would work. Let's say they dedicate 3000 spots (more if room allowed) for Police and Fire. 343 firemen killed and 70 Police correct. Since the FD loss was so great they deserve more slots. So allocate 2000 spots to the Fire Houses that were directly affected with the losses. And let's say 500 for the the Police Precincts directly affected. Basically the ones that were lost had to be your partners. From there all that were interested in attending submit your name. If it goes over 2500 interested (which I'm sure it would), then put a lottery in place. The last 500 spots are open city wide to the FDNY and NYPD (the ones from the first lottery done that weren't picked also get put in this one) all interested submit their name and a lottery is done. Now these are hard rough numbers and of course the ratio could be revised, but I think something like this would make sense. If you can't include all, include those that are interested and if the demand is too great do a lottery. Is this too logical or am I just crazy? No politics in my future I guess...

Mayhem like Me
09-09-2011, 08:45
let them have it without ANY police then ALL cops should just stay away... we will see how much fun they have trying to get aroud in traffic or even have the memorial with NO COPS at all on scene,,,Let the Commisioner and his yes men take care of the security..

RussP
09-10-2011, 14:12
I believe that when Bloomberg speaks, every patrol car, every fire engine, every EMS vehicle in NYC and NJ should turn on sirens, just the wails, no hi-lo, no yelps, just wails. Police hold for 72 seconds. FDNY and EMS for 343 seconds.

At the end, with all units broadcasting on PA, dispatchers come on, "NYPD, Amen," "FDNY, Amen..."

Then radio silence for 30 seconds...

CAcop
09-10-2011, 15:06
This. Even with the revised numbers, and the fact that not everyone can or will go, Bloomberg should have found SOME way to accomidate those that are able to pay their respects.

It wouldn't bee too hard to say have a representative from each precinct/station that lost someone. Or even have one officer/firefighter for each of the KIA.

S. Kelly
09-10-2011, 15:07
Bloomturd sucks, he's the reason I am not making the tenth 9/11 anniversary-when I found out we couldn't go to the site, the trip fell apart. Didn't have any trouble going there 10 years ago, though.