Pasgt's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pasgt's

bcowen22001
09-08-2011, 19:13
Curious to these in a SHTF situation. I have seen quite a few in my local surplus store at low prices. Seem like pretty good protection from small arms fire, especially when there is little major medical help.

Anyone have owned or been issued in the past I would be curious to your opinons. Maybe be better to buy a set of plates?????

9mm +p+
09-08-2011, 20:51
Got one, installed a new supsension system and it works fine. I'd start with a vest then work up to a helmet.

bdcochran
09-08-2011, 21:43
Fairly routine question.

You start with the helmet and get Oregon aero inserts. Oregon Aero started with flying helmets and branched out into suspension systems. There are multiple suspension systems for military helmets offered. And make sure that you buy a helmet that fits your head - they come in different sizes.

When you study wounding situations, it ends up that heads are more exposed horizontally (looking out from cover) and vertically (stuff falling down through the air) than the body itself. If you do buy body armor, you had better stay on a diet so that you don't outgrow the same.

Broncbuster
09-09-2011, 18:07
Fairly routine question.

You start with the helmet and get Oregon aero inserts. Oregon Aero started with flying helmets and branched out into suspension systems. There are multiple suspension systems for military helmets offered. And make sure that you buy a helmet that fits your head - they come in different sizes.

When you study wounding situations, it ends up that heads are more exposed horizontally (looking out from cover) and vertically (stuff falling down through the air) than the body itself. If you do buy body armor, you had better stay on a diet so that you don't outgrow the same.

I agree. I have seen allot of head injuries in combat situations. The body is easy to find concealment/cover for. Most stick their head up to look around and get tapped. A good set of googles and safety glasses goes a long way as well. You can't E&E if you can't see.

freedom790
09-09-2011, 19:53
Upgrade the suspension from the chinstrap setup and your head will thank you for it 1000 times. The original suspension is awful on your head after several hours. The new three point suspension systems are absolute heaven!