Just wow... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just wow...

SKSman57
09-08-2011, 20:06
http://www.youtube.com/embed/UqpjWnQjC5s

DaBigBR
09-08-2011, 20:10
I really thought this was going to be a link to the damn tag check thread.

When he said "you should visit our website..." I lost interest.

redbaron007
09-08-2011, 20:26
Gawd!!! That female (wife/girlfriend) needed to shut her mouth!! She'd drive me to drink.....heavily!!! :rofl:

:wavey:

red

CAcop
09-08-2011, 20:31
What was the point of all this?

SKSman57
09-09-2011, 06:29
What was the point of all this?

Short version? OCer felt the need to make a point, and then argue with everyone in the store about how they were right, then post this on youtube so they can play the martyr.

4949shooter
09-09-2011, 07:17
Some people need to get a life.

grizz
09-09-2011, 08:07
Well, it seemed like a good idea when they practiced it back at the trailer house. Very telling that they felt the need to bring the video camera with them to eat at Hardees. Just another example of pathetic white trash trying to provoke people for no reason.

DaBigBR
09-09-2011, 09:47
Short version? OCer felt the need to make a point, and then argue with everyone in the store about how they were right, then post this on youtube so they can play the martyr.

We've had a run of these videos posted in here by the open carry crowd lately, so some of the regulars may have avoided responding because those threads always degenerate in to a mess.

Well, it seemed like a good idea when they practiced it back at the trailer house. Very telling that they felt the need to bring the video camera with them to eat at Hardees. Just another example of pathetic white trash trying to provoke people for no reason.

Yep.

Reminds me of a random story: When I was trained on the ASP they told us that opening "to the sky" could result in striking a light fixture or a fan. They said that was alright because "you're gonna break all the **** in their trailer fighting, anyways." Still makes me chuckle.

Cochese
09-09-2011, 10:00
YOU ARE BOTH WHITE TRASH!!!! I'll have a number 3 plz.

SCSU74
09-09-2011, 10:13
i still really don't understand the point of open carrying. i would much rather carry concealed, i really am not a fan of identifying myself to every single person around me as the one carrying a gun. If there is ever a situation where you may need to use your gun guess who the bad guys are aiming at first? probably the guy with a 1911 strapped to his hip "open-carrying." This guy especially strikes me as someone starving for attention. Wearing a gun openly will get you that attention both positive and negative...

scorpio2011
09-09-2011, 10:24
in todays US society more people fear guns rather than who's carrying them this video is proof .the guy goes in with his family
gun owners are just a small fraction of todays society.
so why provoke a situation,just because you can.people like that need to get a grip on reality.people fear guns in general.knowing that keep it concealed

AA#5
09-09-2011, 10:35
i still really don't understand the point of open carrying. i would much rather carry concealed, i really am not a fan of identifying myself to every single person around me as the one carrying a gun. If there is ever a situation where you may need to use your gun guess who the bad guys are aiming at first? probably the guy with a 1911 strapped to his hip "open-carrying." This guy especially strikes me as someone starving for attention. Wearing a gun openly will get you that attention both positive and negative...

i still really don't understand the point of open carrying. You answered your own question. The one & only reason for open carrying is to satisfy a craving for attention. When the attention is positive, the OC'er feels like everyone is his friend. When the attention is negative, that satisfies a craving for creating controversy, martyrism, "showing knowledge" & "being right." That makes it a win/win situation for that type of mindset.

Unistat
09-09-2011, 10:41
i still really don't understand the point of open carrying. You answered your own question. The one & only reason for open carrying is to satisfy a craving for attention. When the attention is positive, the OC'er feels like everyone is his friend. When the attention is negative, that satisfies a craving for creating controversy, martyrism, "showing knowledge" & "being right."

I disagree. In Michigan, there is one other reason for OC. IF and only IF you have a Concealed Pistol License, you can OC in most pistol free zones. Crazy, I know, but it means if I want to legally carry when I go to a movie, for example, I have to OC.

Of course, if we got rid of PFZs, I would never have to OC and I would be very happy.

Oh, I guess if you felt you needed to carry a gun immediately, OC would be your only option since the CPL process takes at least a month and usually more like 3-4 months.

SKSman57
09-09-2011, 11:27
One of the most oft repeated cliches from the OC crowd is "an armed society is a polite society". If one thinks about the significance of this phrase, you gain an insight into some of the OC mindset.

They actually think that displaying a gun to the world intimidates others and makes them act in a way that the OCer deems to be "polite".

The whole moniker is laughable, because what is the OCer going to do if the other person is not polite? Shoot them?

A gun is not a magic shield. In fact, displaying one openly can make one the target of negative attention, in direct contrast to the "polite society" meme.

From a tactical standpoint, CCW makes a lot of sense. OC does not.

rookie1
09-09-2011, 11:39
Just wanted to go out for a fancy dinner with the family.

SKSman57
09-09-2011, 12:36
Just wanted to go out for a fancy dinner with the family.

So much win.

GackMan
09-09-2011, 15:24
I stopped watching, I couldn't take the whole 14 minutes.

what else happened? were there any boobies or shooting?

SCSU74
09-10-2011, 10:07
I stopped watching, I couldn't take the whole 14 minutes.

what else happened? were there any boobies or shooting?

just a lot more TPD (Trailer Park Drama)