passthepoliceexam.com [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : passthepoliceexam.com

Alderak
09-08-2011, 23:05
I'm applying for a position as a Deputy Sheriff and I'm excited about the prospect of a new career. So naturally I google "deputy sheriff interview questions" so that i can read some sample questions and perhaps hear some other people's answers. My goal is to explore my own thoughts and feelings so that I can be mentally prepared and ready for my interview.

What I find out is that there are tons and tons of sites selling guides on how to "learn how to get maximum results in less time and ace the police exam, guaranteed!". When has "maximum results in less time" even not been a scam :rofl::rofl:

sites like http://www.passthepoliceexam.com/

From what I gather, these are full of the "right" answers, detailing what the interviewers want to hear. Anyone else think this is pretty shady? Is it even possible that this person is a real LEO? Why on earth would you make up a bunch of canned answers for people to attempt to deceive PD hiring committees?

"You'll know exactly what questions will be asked and how to answer them" :faint:

DaBigBR
09-09-2011, 00:22
It's all BS.

There is plenty of info here and on other forums, but generally speaking: be respectful, confident, and honest. Hell, just being honest is probably enough.

Dukeboy01
09-09-2011, 11:07
It's just like every other course or product put out there that promisses to help you "get that job" or "land that promotion." It's a way to part fools from their money.

Cruiser1
09-09-2011, 11:56
You don't need to spend money on a book to tell you what you already know. Just be yourself, answer the questions truthfully and under no circumstances try to BS the evaluators, assume that they are smarter than you and will know when you are not being on the level with them. Good Luck

Alderak
09-09-2011, 12:18
Somehow it just bothers me to think that a site like that would be run by a cop. Oh well, its not my pig and not my farm. (not a cop joke, means its none of my beeswax:cool:)

DaBigBR
09-09-2011, 13:33
I don't doubt that there is decent advice on there, but why pay for it from one person, when you can get it free from many, especially when the "many" are definitely qualified?

Morris
09-09-2011, 15:46
Never doubt that there are shysters among our ranks, too.