comp question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : comp question

JLA
09-10-2011, 14:20
Hi again and again and again.....
Here is the latest. My computer worked fine. Then I unplugged / unhooked everything...(computer, router, cable modem)for about a day and a half. I hooked everthing back up last night and got it running. NOW ..... out of every minute online I lose connection about 15 - 20 seconds out of every minute...literally. I tried to play an online game and again out of EVERY minute I lost connection for 16 seconds. It's driving me nuts! Any suggestions please?

Pierre!
09-10-2011, 14:55
Why was it unhooked? Did it move to another room?

Cable companies change the signal strength depending on where you have the computer / digital TV receiver in the home.

So - Was it moved?

If it wasn't moved, then turn off the internet modem and router. Start the modem first - let the lights stabilize - Now start up the router. Once the router stabilized, get on and see how it works.

Let us know...

Patrick

JLA
09-10-2011, 15:00
Yes... I unhooked everything and moved everything out of the room. Got new carpet in that room...hence the move. Put everything back into same location. router and modem are 2 feet from their original place. I'll let you know how your suggestion works...thanks!

JLA
09-11-2011, 11:06
Problem solved. Got a new router and now it works great. I still don't know what happened with the old one. ???:dunno: