Actually Shooting in SD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Actually Shooting in SD

SCmasterblaster
09-10-2011, 15:28
I have read so many stories about felons absorbing dozens of bullets even in vital body areas and still be a deadly threat. With this in mind, I may even empty my Glock 17 (and the 16 rounds I carry in it) into the attacking felon before he falls down permenantly. How would it look to a Grand Jury to have my attacker shot 16 times in self-defense? Would I necessarily be indicted? My only hope is that my attacker will fall down instantly after I put a 9mm bullet through his CNS. Should I take a chance and fire only once or twice and then wait to see if the threat is over?

Mas Ayoob
09-10-2011, 19:59
You shoot until the threat has ceased. If you fire one shot and miss, and the guy drops his gun and screams, "I give up! I don't know what came over me! Don't shoot anymore!"...well, the threat is neutralized.

If you run into the next incarnation of the guy in Cook County, IL who took 33 9mm bullets AND a 12 gauge slug and was still on his feet trying to kill cops until one more rifled slug took him down for the count...well, you keep shooting until the threat is over.

It's wise to read up on cases like the latter, so you can show that it was known to you that some people can be "bullet sponges" who can soak up lead until they run out of blood or their central nervous system is disconnected or short-circuited.

Obviously, when it is clear to a reasonable and prudent person that he is no longer a threat, the gunfire directed against him must cease.

best,
Mas

SCmasterblaster
09-12-2011, 18:10
Two quick shots COM and then start to slow fire into COM/CNS until they hit the ground, out of action. In this way, they'll have three or four GSWs instead of ten or twelve. Thanks!