Scopes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scopes

Magnum 357
09-11-2011, 13:37
If I have a good rifle, buy very strong and good rings. Why the scope has to be so good? I saw a scope for $99, that has milliradians and you can see them in here:

http://www.barska.com/Sniper_Scope-4-16x50_IR_Sniper_Scope_by_Barska_Green_Ir_mil-dot.html?gclid=CKC0kNjew6oCFYLu7QodjjVfIQ

Please give me REASONS, not only say that the scope is not good.

dezelle
09-11-2011, 13:45
Off the top of my head:

Tracking
Reliability/ability to hold a zero
Optical Clarity
Durability
Features (i.e. First Focal Plane vs Second Focal Plane, Zero Stop/High Speed Turrets, Illumination, etc)
Parallax Adjustment and Accuracy

Magnum 357
09-11-2011, 14:04
Dezelle:

How do you know that this particular scope cannot do all those things????

dezelle
09-11-2011, 14:31
Dezelle:

How do you know that this particular scope cannot do all those things????

That's the equivalent to asking me why a Geo Metro doesn't perform the same as an Audi R8.

Make no mistake, comparing a Barska to a S&B, NF, USO or Premier is the equivalent comparison. The Barska is rolled off of an assembly line using far inferior materials than any of the above listed, which are all hand crafted/custom built with extremely high quality control measures.

EDIT: Your biggest expense on a rifle should be your scope/rings. More often than not your scope purchase should eclipse that of your rifle. Do not skimp.

gator378
09-11-2011, 16:56
That's the equivalent to asking me why a Geo Metro doesn't perform the same as an Audi R8.

Make no mistake, comparing a Barska to a S&B, NF, USO or Premier is the equivalent comparison. The Barska is rolled off of an assembly line using far inferior materials than any of the above listed, which are all hand crafted/custom built with extremely high quality control measures.

EDIT: Your biggest expense on a rifle should be your scope/rings. More often than not your scope purchase should eclipse that of your rifle. Do not skimp.

+1 Bad scope/rings will make a good rifle shoot bad

EL COLONEL
09-15-2011, 20:45
GEt a leupold vx - 3 or a ziess .