Training question about a Sig. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Training question about a Sig.

NEOH212
09-12-2011, 02:39
Mas, I want to add a second Sig 229 (229 SAS gen2 in .40 to be exact) to supplement my early 90's production 229 in .40. The SAS gen 2 has the short reset trigger and the new style E2 grip. I plan to carry the new SAS and use my existing 229 as a training/secondary carry. I am concerned though, about training with the older 229 since it doesn't have the short reset trigger or E2 grip. Having two different triggers and grips concerns me from the training perspective since I really want to practice with what I carry. I'm wondering if I should covert my older Sig over to the same configuration as the new one so they both are the same. (Same trigger reset and grip.) Am I being ridiculous and nit-picky here or is there sound logic behind my thinking? I would REALLY appreciate your take on this. As always, thanks for being here for all of us.

Mas Ayoob
09-12-2011, 05:09
Commonality is good. Don't know off the top of my head if your older SIG will take the newer parts or not, but a call to SIG in Exeter should answer that quickly enough.

best of luck,
Mas

NEOH212
09-12-2011, 17:59
Thanks Mas.