Sight Tools [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sight Tools

RailGun
09-12-2011, 16:50
Looking to purchase a sight tool and am looking for input from those of you that have / use them.

I am very anal about my tools, I am a sucker for a well built solid tool but hate gimmicks.

I have seen videos of the Uni-Tool which seems to be a "fit all" tool and am not sure of its true quality.

Have seen a few dedicated glock tools but in the videos they seem to not set square on the slides and ride funny on the sights themselves (maybe due to poor setup??)

I am looking for a first rate tool (dedicated glock or universal as long as it works well and doesnt damage slides, etc)

Recommendations??

ChrisJn
09-12-2011, 18:09
This is the one you want: http://www.glockworld.com/item/61821_Glock_Tools_TOOL_REAR_SIGHT.aspx

wuvmyglock
09-12-2011, 18:28
thefishers@cox.net (thefishers@cox.net) This guy had posted some on here for $49... Homemade. I purchased one... Works great!! Very good quality. Worked excellent on my G21.. Drop him a line and see if he has any on hand..

gary newport
09-12-2011, 22:45
For Glock standard-style and comparable aftermarket sloped-side sights (Ameriglo, Trijicon, Meprolight) sights, I recommend the MGW Glock rear sight pusher, available from Ameriglo and other sources.

RailGun
09-13-2011, 18:51
This is the one you want: http://www.glockworld.com/item/61821_Glock_Tools_TOOL_REAR_SIGHT.aspx

Unless I mis-read the info on this one it only works on polymer sights and I need to do both (steel / polymer). Thanks

For Glock standard-style and comparable aftermarket sloped-side sights (Ameriglo, Trijicon, Meprolight) sights, I recommend the MGW Glock rear sight pusher, available from Ameriglo and other sources.

This one looks promising, heavy duty pusher screw and works on polymer / steel both and the price is right.

Thanks

ChrisJn
09-13-2011, 21:32
Unless I mis-read the info on this one it only works on polymer sights and I need to do both (steel / polymer). Thanks

I have one and it works fine on both Polymer and steel.

gary newport
09-13-2011, 21:55

This one looks promising, heavy duty pusher screw and works on polymer / steel both and the price is right.

Thanks

I own one of the new-style Glock factory sight pushers. It worked on steel rear sights...once! The second time I used it, the polymer bolsters (which contact the rear sight) crumpled! The tool is now useless. The design is elegant but deeply flawed.

And you are welcome! :wavey:

ChrisJn
09-14-2011, 06:12
I own one of the new-style Glock factory sight pushers. It worked on steel rear sights...once! The second time I used it, the polymer bolsters (which contact the rear sight) crumpled! The tool is now useless. The design is elegant but deeply flawed.

And you are welcome! :wavey:

Each to his own I guess. I have tried the MGW tool but still prefer the factory Glock tool.

cciman
09-15-2011, 18:21
A wooden dowel rod and a hammer works great--take it slow.

I use the MGW. I wish it had graduation marks to reference amount of travel

Glockrunner
09-16-2011, 05:42
A wooden dowel rod and a hammer works great--take it slow.

I use the MGW. I wish it had graduation marks to reference amount of travel

You can measure the movement and side to side spacing (to center) with a micrometer.

harley7892
09-16-2011, 07:19
I use both MGW, the one with tall square sides and the regular sloped side. They work great.

Deployment Solu
09-16-2011, 09:48
I have the MGW GTool2. it has worked perfectly!!

RailGun
09-16-2011, 19:38
Ordered the MGW tool today, should be here early next week. Thanks everyone for your input.

VN350X10
09-25-2011, 13:10
The BEST sight tool I've ever used is made by Meprolight. It's NOT cheap, the basic tool is about $500.00 & the adapter for dovetailed front sights such as a Kimber is another 60 bucks, but it will work on any pistol except a Desert Eagle.
It's made of aluminum billet & machined steel & designed to be bolted to a bench, not a silly hand held toy !
The Glock tool & the MGW just don't compare;They're not even in the same class !
Get it from Brownell's.

uncle albert

orgnova
09-25-2011, 13:20
I have the Kaisr Uni-200L. Used it on S&W, Glock, Taurus, Springfields, and a few others. My 2. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k40OsY-qxk

michael e
09-25-2011, 13:31
I use a pair of needle nose form my rear sights, not fast but it works and was only about a buck.

gary newport
09-26-2011, 19:55
The BEST sight tool I've ever used is made by Meprolight. It's NOT cheap, the basic tool is about $500.00 & the adapter for dovetailed front sights such as a Kimber is another 60 bucks, but it will work on any pistol except a Desert Eagle.
It's made of aluminum billet & machined steel & designed to be bolted to a bench, not a silly hand held toy !
The Glock tool & the MGW just don't compare;They're not even in the same class !
Get it from Brownell's.

uncle albert

If I did sights on non-Glock pistols, I might consider the pricey Meprolight tool. I don't, and the $350 or so I saved by going with MGW will buy a lot of powder, primers and bullets! :cool:

VN350X10
09-27-2011, 19:31
For myself, I need the ability to install sights on numerous pistols. This is what PAID for the expensive Meprolight tool (HA) !

uncle albert

gary newport
09-27-2011, 20:17
For myself, I need the ability to install sights on numerous pistols. This is what PAID for the expensive Meprolight tool (HA) !

uncle albert

You charged folks for installing sights on their pistols? :shocked:

VN350X10
09-28-2011, 18:22
While I am a kind & generous individual, SOMETHING has to pay for my powder & boolitz !