The Walgreens incident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Walgreens incident

MacChiroCtr
09-13-2011, 15:57
Hi, Mas...

I'm sure you've heard of the Michigan incident where the Walgreens employee was fired after pulling a firearm on two thieves who tried to rob him. I fired off a letter to Walgreens, telling them I'd never shop in their stores again if it was their policy to prevent their employees from defending themselves. To their credit, they actually responded... but of course it was to defend their policy since, in their words, law enforcement overwhelmingly advises to comply with criminals rather than confront them because it is so much safer.

I saw in another thread where you stated that "the studies show that in the majority of instances where the armed citizen draws the weapon, the suspect either flees or surrenders", which is of course what happened in the Walgreens incident. Do you have references, or statistics, or something that I can respond to Walgreens with? I have no doubt that their policy is flawed in a BIG way... but I'd really like to be able to send some documentation rather just to appear to be a second amendment hothead.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Paul

Mas Ayoob
09-13-2011, 19:31
A good start would be a Google search for the work of Professor John Lott and Professor Gary Kleck, and also the Wright-Rossi Study.

best,
Mas

MacChiroCtr
09-14-2011, 07:22
Many thanks. I appreciate it!