Are you watching GBTV? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Are you watching GBTV?

schild
09-14-2011, 05:17
I haven't seen any threads about GBTV(Glenn Beck TV), is anyone watching? I've watched most of the first two shows and I'm impressed. If you are not a subscriber the first two weeks are free.

If you're a Beck hater start your own thread.:rofl:

psk1
09-14-2011, 07:01
Yes I watch it is great! His predictions are proven righ 92% of the time. that is awsome and a must to see when SHTF is likely to happen ( in a large scale way)

Bilbo Bagins
09-14-2011, 07:49
Yes I watch it is great! His predictions are proven righ 92% of the time. that is awsome and a must to see when SHTF is likely to happen ( in a large scale way)

What great prediction has he throw out recently?

I have a love/hate thing with Beck. He did break some good stories, and occasionally talks about good subject, but the mind numbing religious talk, and the repeative "Faith, Hope, and Charity" crap really turns me off.

He was great, back in the day, when he was not full of himself.

Kadetklapp
09-14-2011, 08:08
What soured me on Beck is when he left his platform at Fox news so he could start charging people to listen to him say the same thing over and over and over again. He's cashing in and nothing else. I have no faith or trust in him anymore, since it's abhorrently obvious that he's simply doing what he does solely for the money now.

cowboy1964
09-14-2011, 08:28
I like Beck but I already pay $100+ a month for cable and Internet. I have to draw the line somewhere. Still, I may try the free trial.

I don't begrudge anyone selling a service that people will pay for. That's America. And he's employing some people while doing it. Plus anyone who torques the leftists is doing good work.

RichJ
09-14-2011, 08:56
"Cancel at any time before your 14 day trail period is up and you will not be charged."

No thanks. I've been burned by that before. No one is getting my CC# unless I intend to actually buy something. I can't make that decision sight unseen.

alwaysshootin
09-14-2011, 09:15
What soured me on Beck is when he left his platform at Fox news so he could start charging people to listen to him say the same thing over and over and over again. He's cashing in and nothing else. I have no faith or trust in him anymore, since it's abhorrently obvious that he's simply doing what he does solely for the money now.

He didn't leave, he was ran off! Check and see who owns Fox. He didn't care for what Beck had to say (" the truth " ) about certain groups. When Beck started the crusade to back the Israelis, that, was the last straw.

cowboy1964
09-14-2011, 09:29
He didn't leave, he was ran off! Check and see who owns Fox. He didn't care for what Beck had to say (" the truth " ) about certain groups. When Beck started the crusade to back the Israelis, that, was the last straw.

Yeah right. Beck was the highest rated show at 5pm. Their new show probably doesn't have even half the ratings that his did.

He's been talking about Israel for years. Since when is Fox News anti-Israel??

Lone Kimono
09-14-2011, 09:34
I can't imagine how much it costs to run a TV station without sponsors.

schild
09-14-2011, 09:55
I can't imagine how much it costs to run a TV station without sponsors.

Well it's not a TV station, it's internet TV. When Beck was on a FOX show the other day it was said that he already has more paying subscribers than the OPRAH network has viewers.

I've been watching on computer so far, but I think the mailman just put my ROKU in the mailbox.

RED64CJ5
09-14-2011, 10:00
GBTV has too many letters of the LGBT acronym. Scary. Bad choice IMHO.

I have watched some. I like it, but I prefer to listen to him on AM radio.

alwaysshootin
09-14-2011, 10:11
Yeah right. Beck was the highest rated show at 5pm. Their new show probably doesn't have even half the ratings that his did.

If I'm not mistaken, Beck, said it himself! Look up for yourself who owns Fox.

alwaysshootin
09-14-2011, 10:42
Tags: Corp, mosque, Muslim

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

That Fox News' second-largest shareholder, after Rupert Murdoch, has financial links to the "Ground Zero mosque" will be seen as ironic by critics of the news network, who have watched with chagrin as the network's talking heads attempt to link the mosque to radical Islamism.

I'm sure things went smoothly between Glenn, and, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal. Remember learning about Caliphate?

cowboy1964
09-14-2011, 11:41
So I guess Bill O'Reilly, among others, should have been forced out years ago. Hasn't happened, has it? BTW, that info (from ONE guy) was over a year ago. Why did it take so long for them to kick Beck out?

Glenn Beck was on O'Reilly this week to promote GBTV. Kind of strange, for someone who was "forced out".

Bilbo Bagins
09-14-2011, 12:12

I mentioned this before during an old discussion about Beck. He WAS the highest rated show at 5pm in 2009 But late 2010 into 2011, he lost MILLIONS of viewers. In the world of TV Ratings it was one of the biggest and quickest downfalls in history.

It was like a High pay, talented, Quarterback suffering a permanent injury and just sucking every time he touches the ball. He could have taken a pay cut, or went into a different direction with his show, but he didn't so he was cut.

Like Kadetklapp said, he repeats over and over again. I also think at some point people got burnt out with Beck. When you preach Doom and Gloom is coming soon, at some point people look around and say, its a little bad but still no doom and gloom.

I liked him better when he thought of himself as a dope. Less preachy, more funny, and stories that mattered. I'm not real religious, but I feel God has a way of hummbling overly prideful people, and putting them in their place. From hundreds of millions a dollars a year salary and being a top rated pundit, falling down to the pay-per-view Alex Jones Prison Planet world, hocking T-shirts. Beck is getting a taste of that Humble Pie.

Kadetklapp
09-14-2011, 13:38
I liked him better when he thought of himself as a dope. Less preachy, more funny, and stories that mattered. I'm not real religious, but I feel God has a way of hummbling overly prideful people, and putting them in their place. From hundreds of millions a dollars a year salary and being a top rated pundit, falling down to the pay-per-view Alex Jones Prison Planet world, hocking T-shirts. Beck is getting a taste of that Humble Pie.

And a big +1.

I liked Beck's message, but now it's old hat and sounds greedy.

G29Reload
09-14-2011, 14:09
I like Beck, and he had plenty of new events to comment on.

I am not subscribing to anything on the internet. Beck is cool but not whipping out my CC cool.

I wish him well, but I'd rather see ads in the margin than pay. F that.

schild
09-14-2011, 15:22
I'm watching this afternoon's show on my 55" screen thanks to the ROKU that

the mailman brought today.

TangoFoxtrot
09-15-2011, 02:42
Whoopppsss is this the Political or S/P forum?

frankmako
09-15-2011, 05:17
i am in. so far it is ok. been a beck fan for many years. the b.s.of a. is funny at the end. what i like is that i can fast forward through some of the slow parts of the show.

alwaysshootin
09-15-2011, 05:33
i am in. so far it is ok. been a beck fan for many years. the b.s.of a. is funny at the end. what i like is that i can fast forward through some of the slow parts of the show.

Like when he :crying:? :supergrin:

schild
09-15-2011, 08:49
Whoopppsss is this the Political or S/P forum?

I think Glenn belongs as much on the S&P forum as anywhere else. Practically ever show this week Glenn has talked about preparing.

RED64CJ5
09-15-2011, 11:50
I think Glenn belongs as much on the S&P forum as anywhere else. Practically ever show this week Glenn has talked about preparing.

Ahhhhh yes... "Food Insurance" = Prepping for Yuppies

psk1
09-15-2011, 11:57
Ahhhhh yes... "Food Insurance" = Prepping for Yuppies

Still better than no prepping!

farmer-dave
09-15-2011, 15:43
I like him on the radio, but never could stand him on tv. I draw the line with just radio.

B.Reid
09-15-2011, 16:18
Watching it or mostly listening to it right now.

Toorop
09-15-2011, 18:00
What great prediction has he throw out recently?

I have a love/hate thing with Beck. He did break some good stories, and occasionally talks about good subject, but the mind numbing religious talk, and the repeative "Faith, Hope, and Charity" crap really turns me off.

He was great, back in the day, when he was not full of himself.
Every time he talks about "Faith, Hope, and Charity," he mocks Freemasonry and the Founding Fathers. He should not have a show and needs to learn what humility is.

alwaysshootin
09-16-2011, 07:50
Every time he talks about "Faith, Hope, and Charity," he mocks Freemasonry and the Founding Fathers. He should not have a show and needs to learn what humility is.

You obviously weren't paying attention, or even watched him on Fox!:upeyes:

If you did, where did he come up with, "Faith, Hope, and Charity"? Like I said!:upeyes: