WHO: Dangerous TB Spreading at Alarming Rate in Europe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : WHO: Dangerous TB Spreading at Alarming Rate in Europe

LongGun1
09-14-2011, 07:15
Ahh......more fruits of diversity & multiculturalism! :crazy:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/09/14/who-dangerous-tb-spreading-at-alarming-rate-in-europe/

jdavionic
09-14-2011, 17:00
Wow, 1 out of 2 infected with the drug resistant strain will die :shocked:

cowboy1964
09-14-2011, 17:15
Time to reopen Waverly Hills?

http://www.underworldtales.com/waverly.jpg

Dexters
09-14-2011, 17:38
Besides getting felt up by the TSA; this is another reason not to get on an airplane.
I've pretty much seen all the places outside the USA I want to see. Now I travel in the USA in a little travel trailer when I want to travel.

I think the movie Contagion and this TB has made me even more aware of contact with other people. I don't work any more so my changes of being in an enclosed place with strangers is limited to stores and restaurants.

thejellster05
09-14-2011, 18:45
Keep the S*** over there!

TangoFoxtrot
09-15-2011, 02:59
If its not one thing its another.

jdavionic
09-15-2011, 03:51
If its not one thing its another.

It's this conclusion that has prompted so many newcomers to prepping. Many of the threats today have existed in the past. However the probability associated with many of them appears to be higher. Put that together with so many concurrent, higher risk threats...and even people that would not normally be involved in S&P start considering preparations as a necessary risk mitigation.

Just look at today -
Economic collapse - the US economy sucks, so does the economy of several European nations. Gold is at an all-time high. Confidence in the US economy is low.

Natural disasters - always a threat, but this has seemingly been a year riddled with them.

Middle East unrest - again, always a threat. Now we have Iran's ambitions for nukes, Pakistan with nukes and growing less stable, Yemen struggling to maintain their gov't, Egypt dealing with their gov't collapse, Syria struggling to stay stable, growing tensions with Israel being targeted,...it's like a dry tinder forest waiting on the slightest spark to ignite it.

Flash mobs - a growing problem throughout the country.

Racial tensions - seems to be on the rise again (judging from flash mobs). The 2012 election could prove to be even more fuel to the fire.

Biological threats - TB, bird flu, etc.

and, oh yea, terrorism - funny, that's at the bottom of the list. Still a threat, but seems to be dwarfed by these other issues.

Not sure how any reasonable person could like at this and not be concerned.

UneasyRider
09-15-2011, 05:58
Just one more reason to buy prep's.

psk1
09-15-2011, 10:52
Is this the samer drug-resistant TB that illegal immigrats brought to U.S.A. starting in the 1980?