Carrying a Glock with a light? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a Glock with a light?

DURBANS
09-14-2011, 10:26
Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a Gock Light for my Glock 25 (same size as a Glock 19), mainly to be used when the gun is at home in the nightstand. But, I will be ordering a couple more Remora IWB holsters and they have the light attachment version too.

Does anybody carry a Glock, IWB with a light (Glock Light specifically) attached to it?

Let me know, I'm just curious...

blueberry1177
09-14-2011, 10:34
Don't get the Glock Light your just wasting your cash man.

La Police Gear is running this for $99 with a free hat included. I ordered mine over labor day weekend and paid $88 with free shipping and the hat :)

http://www.lapolicegear.com/streamlight-tlr1s-weaponlight.html

mike g35
09-14-2011, 10:42
I used to have a G19 with a crimson trace rear activated laser and a S&W mini tac light (90 lumens) on it. It was a really nice set up but my problem was finding applicable holsters. If I were you I would buy one of Crimson Trace's lights and get one their holsters for it as well. They are made by Fobus so they are good quality. Then later if you want a laser you can get the CT and you will know you will have no holstering issues. I sure wish I had kept mine. I am dressing a G17C exactly the way I described above as soon as I finish the 3 project guns I am working on now. I don't know about IWB w/ light. Sounds like it would profile to much to stay hiiden unless you had on an overshirt and then you could use a paddle holster and have better access to your weapon.

Chowser
09-14-2011, 17:06
Dont forget guys, OP is in Peru so he probably can't get alot of the great deals/free shipping from companies up here.

OP, I have not carried a Glock with light IWB. When doing plaincloths work, I have carried my 31 with TLR-1 OWB concealed under a suit jacket, but it was a pain. I ended up switching to a 32 and carried a handheld light next to my extra magazine.
Off duty I carry a small light on my keychain.

You'll probably get more use out of a handheld light than a tac light. You won't probably have time to turn on your light and I doubt you'd be searching buildings or woods etc. If you are searching your house then a tac light makes sense.

For home, I will probably attach a light to my bedside gun once I get around to getting a gen4 19 as my new bedside gun.

jwhite75
09-14-2011, 17:17
You are probably better off all around to get a good handheld light for carry on your weak side. Look at models like the Fenix LD20 and the Olight T25T. Inexpensive runs on AA batteries and are hellatiously bright.

Texcowboy
09-14-2011, 17:20
You are probably better off all around to get a good handheld light for carry on your weak side. Look at models like the Fenix LD20 and the Olight T25T. Inexpensive runs on AA batteries and are hellatiously bright.

I too agree with a handheld light, I tried a gun mounted light and just could not get used to it and feel more confident using a handheld.

Aries4570
09-14-2011, 18:21
I daily carry a G22 w/TLR1 light, IWB. I use a Personal Security kydex holster and Wilderness Instructor belt. Very comfortable.

fuzzy03cls
09-15-2011, 08:51
I tried to carry my g22 with a X300 for 6 months. It carried fine IWB in my NTAC, but I had no use for the mounted light. I still carried a hand held & used that. I could not see a reason I'd need the mounted light in a regular CC situation.