R3 Limbsaver ? Aippi [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : R3 Limbsaver ? Aippi

mainegunner
09-14-2011, 16:12
Aippi I just picked up another 870. This one is the express model 12 gauge I have a limbsaver pad that came off a speedfeed stock. I tried putting it on the express model put the pad is not as wide as the original one on the express model. Do you know if they make another limbsaver pad that is a little wider to fit the express model? Thanks

aippi
09-14-2011, 18:20
I have no idea what limbsaver would fit as I don't use them. I use the R3 which is made by limbsaver for Remington but has been discontinued. There are some R3's still being sold by Remington and if you call 800-243-9700 and follow the prompts to parts and tell them which stock you have they may still have some. If not, then get the Supercell pad.

ScrappyDoo
09-16-2011, 12:40
All due respect, isn;t Supercell a LimbSaver with a different name for Remington? Like, exactly the same pad, different name so Remington claims they have a propriety pad?

aippi
09-16-2011, 18:17
No, Limbasver made the R3 for Remington Stocks and the Speedfeed IV stocks that Remington uses. I do not know which Limbsaver model will fit any stock as I have not use Limbsaver pads, nor do I even know which stock the OP has. He states it is an Express Model. Well, Express Models come with several different stocks.

ScrappyDoo
09-16-2011, 19:25
Ok thanks then, I dont know where I must have pickesd that misinfo up, thought it was on here, but somewhere I was reading someone say SuperCell was a LimbSaver sold to remington with a new name, happens in the wine biz al the time, if you got the tipetc. you say get the $60 bottle of wine with a new name & label for $10 bucks, extreme score. Your friends wont of course recognize ABC Brand name and it ownt be impressive on the table of a restaurant, but ppl like me who don't give a $*!, hey bring it on!

So I guess that aitn the deal with this; and I guess I aint never used a SuperCell? but the LimbSaver I put on my M930SPX revolutionized the shotgun, changed it from (this isn't fun at all, maybe I should sell this?) to absolutely my favorite thing and so extremely happy, who know $30 bucks could do so much.

Jay S.
09-16-2011, 21:17
Just thought I'd chime in. I just got my 870P in today which was advertised with the R3 (even states it on the Remington label on the box) but actually came with a supercell. :dunno: I'll try it out but would have preferred to get what was advertised. Oh well.

aippi
09-17-2011, 01:51
Jay - The R3 has been discontinued and it was just a matter of time before they ran out of the ones they had in stock. So you got the supercell and will not be able to get an R3 pad. Also, if you look at the box the weapon came it I bet it states the barrel is 18 inches. It is not, it is 18.5" and Remington has not made 18" barrel for several years.

Jay S.
09-17-2011, 09:45
Jay - The R3 has been discontinued and it was just a matter of time before they ran out of the ones they had in stock. So you got the supercell and will not be able to get an R3 pad. Also, if you look at the box the weapon came it I bet it states the barrel is 18 inches. It is not, it is 18.5" and Remington has not made 18" barrel for several years.

Thanks J.D. I don't think the supercell will be bad but I'll keep my eye out for an R3. The 870P fits me much better than my 590A1 did. Action is much smoother and the rifle sights work better for me than the ghost rings did. The only thing I'm thinking about adding is a 2 shot extension. I like the way it looks and handles now though, so I'll hold off for a while.